How did you pick your name for this forum? Do you use it anywhere else?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OldNBroken said:
Roofing for 30 years...pretty self-explanatory. :BangHead:

My Roofing term was 5 Years, Ending in 1990!!! Good riddance!!!

Falling Off and Thru And watching Others do the same ( which was Hilarious At times!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Only because I worked With Family!!!) Was Enough!!!
Falling off 1 story!!!! No Problem :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: 2 story's Or More Usually Involved Pain and Damages!!! In my case Lots Of Damages And A Broken Collar Bone!!! Not at the same Time!!!!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RyanRooney said:
I used my real name like an idiot because I joined the site for an unrelated and unrecalled reason, then started spending multiple hours a day on it inadvertantly. Now I'm stuck with it. :-\

RGINN said:
Just my name. Actually I wanted it in lower case letters, but it came out in upper case, which I don't like. Maybe the mods could change that for me for Christmas.

Guys, You can't change your Username but you can change your displayed name. Go into your Profile and select Account Related Settings. In that page you can change the Displayed Name.

Mods can't make the change, only the individual user and Admin can do that.

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
I sometimes would use my name until someone accused me of being a drug addict. It Jason but have always gone by Jay. There is a long heritage with my last name in connection with the Mennonite people. So does Jay Smoker seem like it has addictive qualities, lol.

HH Jay

S

stefen

tsuersht hern der nomen stefen ven mine mamen tsuersht suckeled mir ;D

IrishRooney13

Nov 25, 2011
New Paltz, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[/quote]

Guys, You can't change your Username but you can change your displayed name. Go into your Profile and select Account Related Settings. In that page you can change the Displayed Name.

[/quote]

Awesome great to hear, I will do that right now thanks for the heads up. Now to figure out what name I actually want to use... :icon_scratch:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I chose my name many years ago when I got my first email address. I'm too forgetful to learn lots of different names! lol So I'm cntrydncr1 on every forum!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been looking at the ground my whole life.....arrowheads,bottles,animal tracks,now detecting. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Use Red#2

[/quote]

Awesome great to hear, I will do that right now thanks for the heads up. Now to figure out what name I actually want to use... :icon_scratch:
[/quote]

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Back when I joined T-Net I was having a very bad year with my knees (kneed two total replacements) I wasn't getting out much nor finding anything, so I chose " Notgittinenny" Had only one complaint from someone, how it was inappropiate for a family site, so I shortened it to NGE for a bit, but, I see some fairly suggestive names since then, so I took it back......Notgittinenny aka NGE

Abt12

Greenie
Nov 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got Abt 12 from one of my other hobbies, beer. The Trappist monasteries brewed several types of beer and would name them relative to the content strength. They used Abt 12 as the name of the strongest brew, often drank more for celebrations than everyday refreshment. I use this name in random places, beer forums and Olympic lifting forums mostly.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My parents gave it to me in the 60's ;D

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is just a nickname my wife calls me, she says I am like the energizer bunny

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just my name and town. I have been involved with with the internet before there really was an internet, days of BBS's and such. Went through a slew of screen names. Even have a very old screen name (that I don't remember) on here from over a decade ago. I just outgrew coming up with cutesy names for myself. There are way too many people who hide behind thier screen names and use it as an excuse to act like an idiot.

pumice

Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of "Pumice" in areas that I hunt. Found some nice stuff in it!
Pumice comes from Obsidian, or vulcanic glass, more specificaly, pumice is the result of obsidian being frothed up like a milk shake.
Here on the left coast, obsidian was the prefered material for the indians to fashion weapons from. Don't hardly find it much on the right coast...... pumice is a rock that floates...... :icon_thumleft:

HH

Bayter

Dec 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well back in the 90's (Just dated myself) I was a Sheriff's Deputy and I had a K-9. When I first got him his name was Betyar. He was a Hungarian Sheppard. For the sake of the kids in the schools that I would be taking him to I decided to call him Bayter, hehehe. My Captain agreed with the change, all the paperwork was pushed through for the name Bayter. :help: About a week later I got called into his office and "questioned" as to why I decided to change the name to "Bayter", "wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that your his master and he is Bayter would it?!" Just my way to stick it to the man. :dontknow: I use this name on all other sites as well. :icon_thumleft:

pumice

Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
xxxx said:
Mine is an X followed by some additional X's. I suppose I could have used Y's, but that would have had even less meaning than four X's does and wouldn't have made any real sense at all, requiring a lot of explaining.
OK....and what is the meaning of the X's?........... :dontknow:

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pumice said:
Lots of "Pumice" in areas that I hunt. Found some nice stuff in it!
Pumice comes from Obsidian, or vulcanic glass, more specificaly, pumice is the result of obsidian being frothed up like a milk shake.
Here on the left coast, obsidian was the prefered material for the indians to fashion weapons from. Don't hardly find it much on the right coast......

HH

I remember when I was young I used to find obsidian out in California... Thanks for the memory...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread