How did you pick your name for this forum? Do you use it anywhere else?

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to be called Chuckers when I was in school by my schoolmates...
back when Bulletin board systems (BBSs) came around (before the internet) I used Viper... this was when I was in the Airforce and that was about the time Topgun came out. I continued to use Viper as my gamer name and on the internet when it was first available to the public, but then all the 13 year old kids used the name and it was already taken a lot of the times, also I was getting older and it was a bit of an immature name so I went looking for another...

I tried several others and they too eventually got overused or taken so I started using Chuckers... once again that too began to be used by others too. So I dropped the second C and it seems to of stuck I rarely see another "Chukers" so if you see that name out on the internet somewhere its a good chance it me.

Chukers

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I really Got Into Metal detecting After red Bought Me My First For Christmas!! IT was A tense time!!! I wanted to Go detecting And She Would Just Get Grumpy!!! This went on for Months!!! I backed off a Little!!! But the Need to Get out and Dig Was overpowering!!!!

I Brought Home Little Gifts Of Gold And Silver!!! After A few More Months Red Was Saying Where Are you Going Hunting Today :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Then The New Detector Was Purchased for My Best Christmas present!!! In February!! Thanks Red For the Upgrade!!!

This continued Until I found The Gold Medallion Of St Barbara!! Now She was Researching Finds and Waiting For Me to Come Home To see What I Dug up for the Day :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Starting this Early Summer Red Decided That She was Going Out With Me!!! Its Been Fun And Frustrating Also!!! ::) ::) ::)

Darn Where was I !!! Oh Over time I Changed My log in From Chug To ChugandRed Because A Beautiful Red Head Wanted to Share In My Finds And Make Some Spectacular Finds of her Own!!! Chug

This was One of the Only Sites that We go To that We don't share Everything at First !!!! We have always Shared Email, Internet, Etc Etc With the Same Log in Name Chug and Red

And for this site Only We Have Our Christmas Decoration's and Name Up!!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, what's up Chukers? That name has a bit of bad conotation. Frank

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
As soon as I wanted to be a member, I knew that I would be gleaner. It's all about getting the last bit of treasure. Gleaning, if you will.

Attachments

• gleaner.jpg
    gleaner.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,081

IrishRooney13

Nov 25, 2011
New Paltz, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used my real name like an idiot because I joined the site for an unrelated and unrecalled reason, then started spending multiple hours a day on it inadvertantly. Now I'm stuck with it. :-\

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Hay, what's up Chukers? That name has a bit of bad conotation. Frank

trust me I have heard it all!

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
My history bug is what got me interested in Metal Detecting. While researching the battle of Brice's Crossroads MS I found a Confederate veteran in my family fought there. He and his two brothers joined Forrest at Jackson Tennessee in the fall of 1861. Their unit.. The 21st Tennessee Calvary.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chukers you never heard of the term chuckers :dontknow:

If I'm not mistaken Frankn usage may be close to mine.. It was a person that would toss a football away not to get hurt :laughing7: Street meaning - wimp

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well being from Eastern Kentucky I was an underground coal miner, as was my father, grandfather, uncles, cousins and so on, I love history and the civil war era, so Relicminer was a good fit... Thank God I got a job on the railroad and out of those mines... thats a rough life... oh and yes I use it on all my forums and even Geocaching... :icon_pirat:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine is from talking "Free Band" on the radio,I just love talking to different country's.Solar Cycle 24 looks good for it! God Bless Chris MerryCHRISTMAS

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relicminer said:
Well being from Eastern Kentucky I was an underground coal miner, as was my father, grandfather, uncles, cousins and so on, I love history and the civil war era, so Relicminer was a good fit... Thank God I got a job on the railroad and out of those mines... thats a rough life... oh and yes I use it on all my forums and even Geocaching... :icon_pirat:

I thought it was reclaimer at first and was going to say that is a cool name... but then I looked close and saw Relicminer... its still a cool name and most appropriate... glad you got out of the mines... it is a very hazardous and tough job!

Chukers

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my name. Actually I wanted it in lower case letters, but it came out in upper case, which I don't like. Maybe the mods could change that for me for Christmas.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New Jersey Treasure Hunter = N.J.THer

I'm not very creative...lol.

NJ

HUNTER12

May 24, 2011
Just a name some people gave me because i hunted big, small game all over the states . I use to live for hunting. name just stuck.
So i use it for the forums, all the forums i read. 12 was added because just hunter was taken allready.

desert dog

Oct 27, 2009
kingman az
Detector(s) used
new coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the desert and I got a dog. I just put the two together.Yes I do use same name in other forums. :headbang: :headbang:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had an awesome, computer controlled telescope that I could see galaxies, nebulas and stuff....Was an amature astronomer for quite a few years. Still marvel at the sky's beauty.

I don't always look down to find treasures... :thumbsup:

I use the name on another site or 2.

Al

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its my dogs name....However I had other names for online poker sites!....lol