Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First welcome ,Next get permission just because it's not posted doesn't mean it's not private

OP
OP
T
Jan 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your time ...Im wondering is it the courthouse where u find the owner...how about those empty lots by realtors can we call them and ask...Thanks again

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
If a lot is unfenced where an old house has been demolished, and I see no signs or fences, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to hunt it. If it had those old wooden veranda style porches, check underneath where those used to be.

As far as public locations (you asked about "permits"): If you are skittish about public parks, school yards, etc.... Go to the city (or county or whatever the case may be) website, and usually the laws, codes, regulations, etc.... of the city and/or park's dept's are posted there. If you see no mention of "metal detecting", then presto, I guess it's silent on the issue. And if there are no prohibitions, then no need to ask further, IMO. In the same way that you would assume you can fly frisbees in a park or school yard, if you saw no rules prohibiting it, for instance.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I Don't know what County in Texas I Don't know if Property Info
is online.

or if it's Free.

Google

county name here County Texas GIS

& see if the Data is Online

if it is You should get an Interactive Map
to Zoom in

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Believe it or not, it is easier to hunt the lots that people still live on. You just ask their permission and agree on distribution of finds then presto! Start detection without worrying about some crazy regulation getting you in trouble. Frank

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch out for construction sites that is a no no in F.L. even if it just has a permit box up, but that is a good way to get the owners name or call the Realtor and act like you want to buy.

Jonnie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread