I have 1/2 to 1 oz gold on my private land ??

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
prospector62 said:
I have 1/2 to 1 oz per ton of gold on private land in tailing piles. Will I need a permit in Az to haul it to a leach plant. The leach plant wants the material and I get 50% of what they get out of the ore. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
prospector

I am no legal expert in this field but I would say no, you dont need a permit.

Do you need a permit to haul gravel? You are basically doing the same thing. Make sure to have the load covered to minimize dust and anything falling out and I dont see why you would have any issues. If there is no active mining going on, why would you need a permit?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
prospector62 said:
I have 1/2 to 1 oz per ton of gold on private land in tailing piles. Will I need a permit in Az to haul it to a leach plant. The leach plant wants the material and I get 50% of what they get out of the ore. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
prospector

Just out of old fashion curiosity, why would you ask us, instead of the State of Arizona? An "Ounce per ton" is pretty rich. Where are you - Central, Southern, or Northwestern Arizona?

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That is very rich ore -- in a tailing pile! I wonder what those original miners were sending in, to leave that much behind. If you have permission, better yet, contract with the land owner, and he gets his cut, haul it. It's always easier to tell a bureaucrat "I'm sorry," than it is to argue with them when they say "no." Oops, I see you own the land, so yeah, go for it.

OP
OP
P

prospector62

Jan 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the replies all.

I have called the BLM,Forest service,and Arizona mining commission and had to leave messages,have gotten no responses. I was hoping to find someone with a similar problem that knew the answers.

Yeah it's located in central Arizona, northeast from the vulture mine west of lake pleasant. Yes it is very good ore had 5 assays from two different assay companies.

It looks like these miners were working a vein and just after the big stuff they could get to,this is 6 inch rock down to about two inch rock.I recvovered some nice nuggets with a metal detector. So yes they did miss alot there is still a nice vein but it's too deep to get too.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
If you are a prospector why not work it yourself. Is it not free-milling ore? Why does it need to be leached?

OP
OP
P

prospector62

Jan 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lastleg said:
If you are a prospector why not work it yourself. Is it not free-milling ore? Why does it need to be leached?

Well I don't have the kind of equipment needed. I would need a crusher and wash plant. So since all I would have to do is rent a backhoe because I own a dump truck ,and I don't have to haul it far the profits would be high to where I could by myself a mini operation by buying a crusher,wash plant,conveyor,and mini backhoe and then work other peoples good claims that don't have the good equipment to process up to 8 tons of ore an hour.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions