guns and gun parts

armadillo66

Jan 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
who has found old guns or gun parts? I have found a hammer off of a Smith & Wesson .32 revover in a can full of old nuts, bolts and screws. When I was a kid a neighbor had four guns that probably came from a skirmish with renegade indians. There was a Springfield trap door rifle, a single shot pistol, a muzzleloader side by side shotgun and a single shot percussion rifle. He found them in a gypsom canyon near Canton Oklahoma.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found gun parts, but never an entire gun. That's on my "want" list though. Friend of mine found a paper cartridge "Sharps rifle" up in Washington. Apparently it had been leaned against a tree, and left. That was probably close to 60 years ago.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a loaded .38 a few years back... unfortunately, I was diving in salt water at the time and it was buried under the mud. However, it does make a nice wall hanger ;D

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you include "cap" guns, I have recently found one at Flora May park, Yarnell,AZ. Just one grip, though. Dug (broke off) the barrel. Still had a signal so continued to dig in the VERY hard dirt to find the rest of the pistol. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread