Re tsunami

dirtangel1

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel so bad. I didn't give a thought to the lives that were lost in this tragedy. The link that was sent to me tells it all. Perhaps I can one day return a ring or some other object to a person who has lost their love ones. It may be the only connection they have of their love ones. Only by the grace of God it is not I. I will give myself the worst icon above....for not being aware of the pain and sufferings of my neighbors. I'm done for the day :'(.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
dirtangel, what tsunami are you referring to? Japans? why are you beating yourself up? was there a post I missed where you were such a villian you needed to post this? my daughter & I were dismayed by the lack of news on the recovery in Japan, so we found a japanese news show to keep up w/ recovery. it's NHK news on link tv. it's on dtv at 8 a m they usually have a segment relating to the clean up & rebuilding as well as news on the nuclear plants recovery. i am amazed at the amount of people still in tents. i feel for them. I can't imagine how they have continued on under such dire conditions, but they do. and they have my respect for it.
if this post was not over Japans tsunami, was there another more recent event I am not aware of?

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mamabear said:
dirtangel, what tsunami are you referring to? Japans? why are you beating yourself up? was there a post I missed where you were such a villian you needed to post this? my daughter & I were dismayed by the lack of news on the recovery in Japan, so we found a japanese news show to keep up w/ recovery. it's NHK news on link tv. it's on dtv at 8 a m they usually have a segment relating to the clean up & rebuilding as well as news on the nuclear plants recovery. i am amazed at the amount of people still in tents. i feel for them. I can't imagine how they have continued on under such dire conditions, but they do. and they have my respect for it.
if this post was not over Japans tsunami, was there another more recent event I am not aware of?

This is her other post: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,453705.msg3212733.html

It was a pretty harmless post if you ask me. But as always on this site, there must have been somebody that took offense to it and send her private messages saying how awful she is.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
dirtangel,I don't think your post was bad. don't beat yourself up. if someone was upset w/ you don't worry about it. I doubt many of us have tried to help the victems of that devasting event. but the least we can do is be informed.
by it's nature, MD'ing is us benifiting from someone elses loss. granted not quite Japans loss, but loss none the less.
Oh by the way, welcome to Tnet, it really is a great place with a variety of characters. makes for lively discussions at times.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtangel, don't worry about what the lifeless busy bodies who frequent these boards think. Consider the source. For anyone to derive anything negative from your original post they have to be sad, possibly mentally unstable people. This site used to be a lot different, it is still a decent site, but filled with nosy pr1cks and imbeciles. Not everyone here is like that but there are more now than there ever were.

That being said, the good people really seem to care about others. I don't post often but have been a member for years. There are good people here, you just have to sift through the dog feces to find them.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
dirtangel, when you tire of sifting thru the dog crap and tsunami debris, get busy at the old park or fairgrounds. That will kick your tectin mojo up about ten notches. :icon_thumleft:

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, you were hoping to find some thing of interest or value in the debris from Japan. No Issue there!
On the other hand, How many thousands of people Died in our Civil War.
How many hundreds of people on this SITE hunt those Battle Fields every Day??
Our Ancestors died of those Fields.
I have no issue with this and if I were closer I also would be there.

What is the Difference between you and them?
It is History, and it is waiting for someone to find it.
Why Not You?
Kevin

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
Im not seeing the prob here and neither are alot of other people! Enjoy ur hunting. I once found a nike shoe n a yellow rubber duck on a remote alaskan beach. Lol.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Tsunami Debris: Scientists Estimate Amount to Reach Alaska and NW States
1-5 pct. of tsunami debris could reach N. America

HONOLULU— Tsunamis generated by the magnitude-9 earthquake in Japan last March dragged 3 million to 4 million tons of debris into the ocean after tearing up Japanese harbors and homes.
Scientists believe ocean currents are carrying some of the lumber, refrigerators, fishing boats and other objects across the Pacific toward the United States.

One to 5 percent of the 1 million to 2 million tons of debris still in the ocean may reach Hawaii, Alaska, Oregon and Washington and British Columbia, said University of Hawaii senior researcher and ocean current expert Nikolai Maximenko.

That's only a portion of the 20 million to 25 million tons of debris the tsunamis generated altogether, including what was left on land.
http://www.ktuu.com/news/tsunami-de...a-and-nw-states-ktuu-20120228,0,7182466.story

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do not punish yourself.

Probably no one ever returned a silver or gold coin to the ground in San Francisco for respect that it may have been lost in 1906, or a link of chain to the beach sand that may have been lost in the 1733 Hurricane that sunk the Spanish Treasure Fleet.

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually saw on the news the video of a HOUSE floating at sea... no kidding! An upright house!... imagine a HOUSE getting washed up on shore on your beachfront property?!?! .... or going down to the shore to do some fishing and seeing a HOUSE there! The floating house is funny, not the tragedy, which is not. But it shows you that you cant mess with mother nature...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions