T2 users, I have some questions.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am ordering a T2 regular when my taxes come in and was curious about the machine.

Depth: I have read it was deep, true/false?

Chatter: I have also heard that the machine is a little chattery, if true, is more time spent figuring out the chatter than hunting?

How accurate is the depth meter? I tend to try to ignore the target ID numbers on a machine but really like the depth meter.

If you own one, why do you like it, if you owned one and got rid of it, how come?

I know there is a forum for Brands, but I figured I could get the guys who may have used one to chime in whereas they may not have in a brand dedicated post.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ryaan21 said:
I am ordering a T2 regular when my taxes come in and was curious about the machine.

Chatter: I have also heard that the machine is a little chattery, if true, is more time spent figuring out the chatter than hunting?

How accurate is the depth meter? I tend to try to ignore the target ID numbers on a machine but really like the depth meter.

If you own one, why do you like it, if you owned one and got rid of it, how come?

I know there is a forum for Brands, but I figured I could get the guys who may have used one to chime in whereas they may not have in a brand dedicated post.
You actually get money back huh?

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Ryaan, :hello:

Congrats on a great choice in detectors. It is true that the T2 has great depth. It is also true the T2 can be a little chattery under the higher emi disturbances, but most machines realistically are. You really do need to exclude trying to rely on the screen and numbers for accuracy. For the most part they are reasonably accurate, but I have dug good targets registering different conductivity numbers suggesting trash on many different occasions. . The advantage of the Tek brothers are the superb electronics allowing the machine to operate phenomenally in high trash. I highly recommend if you are going towards the T2 to get the SE with signal boost. A friend of mine here uses one (Sentinal) and he is probably the most knowledgeable user I know with the T2 LTD. I'll send him a PM to reply to your post.

If you need pricing, please feel free to call us 7 days, Toll Free @
855-966-3563

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
ryaan21 said:

Sure do, why wouldnt I?

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AA Woodland Detectors said:
Hey Ryaan, :hello:

Congrats on a great choice in detectors. It is true that the T2 has great depth. It is also true the T2 can be a little chattery under the higher emi disturbances, but most machines realistically are. You really do need to exclude trying to rely on the screen and numbers for accuracy. For the most part they are reasonably accurate, but I have dug good targets registering different conductivity numbers suggesting trash on many different occasions. . The advantage of the Tek brothers are the superb electronics allowing the machine to operate phenomenally in high trash. I highly recommend if you are going towards the T2 to get the SE with signal boost. A friend of mine here uses one (Sentinal) and he is probably the most knowledgeable user I know with the T2 LTD. I'll send him a PM to reply to your post.

If you need pricing, please feel free to call us 7 days, Toll Free @
855-966-3563

I would love the LTD edition of the t2 but am on kind of a tight budget. The cheapest I have found the T2 reg edition is under 650, not gonna say exact price. If I could find a used LTD for that I would buy it. I will continue to search for a cheaper LTD though.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ryaan21 said:
diggummup said:
ryaan21 said:

Sure do, why wouldnt I?
Lucky you. After your reply I did a little research. Seems most Americans get a refund (77% in 2010 anyway)and i'm in the minority. Me being a small business owner, married with no underage kids just isn't the American thing to do, I guess. I'm gonna have to think out a new strategy. Good luck on the new detector, maybe someday i'll be able to afford another new one.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the Teknetics T2 for about 1 year and sold it on ebay. I took the T2 to San Francisco to hunt the parks a couple of years ago. I also brought along a Fisher CZ6 that I would use to find some deep coin signals and then mark them. The soil in some of the parks in S.F. can be a little challenging with the mineralazation. After marking two different deep 6 to 7 inch deep coin targets I brought over the T2 and sweeped the T2 coil over the targets and could get no signal at all. The dealer who sold me the T2 was with me at the time and he even tried tweeking the T2 settings and still recieved no signals from the two targets. I finally dug up the two targets, one was a wheatie, the other was a silver rosie dime.
All of this could have been caused from our unique soil conditions we have in some of the S.F
parks, so it may not apply in your part of the country?

*Two other expensive digital machines failed the same test on the same day in the same park.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool Hand
I hear what you are saying and agree with you 100%,i just got rid of two top of the line Digital Detectors, but i keep my (Los Banos CZs.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread