Treasure Net Members

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Net Members

Why is it when some TNet members post a discussion topic and when you dont agree with their opinions they block you from posting. If you post a thread you open it up to all opinions not just your own. If you cant handle someone disagreeing with you maybe a forum is not the place you should post. Try facebook or twitter. That way you can enjoy seeing your own words and nobody to disagree with you. I listen to everyone. If I disagree then I let them know just like they will let me know. Its called a discussion, I didnt see the part were it said "if I dont agree with you then I will act like a five year old". And to the members that do act like adults I hope nobody takes this personal or directed at them.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Treasure Net Members

:icon_scratch:

I'm not aware of such an option; to block someone from posting in a thread. A Member can place another on Ignore or they can lock a post so others can't post in it, but that lock is not selective, it blocks everyone from posting.

Do you have an example? PM me if you don't want to post it openly.

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have a few topics out there, and I just looked at a couple of them, and I don't see an option to lock it. I thought only an admin, or mod could do that.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Twisted One said:
I have a few topics out there, and I just looked at a couple of them, and I don't see an option to lock it. I thought only an admin, or mod could do that.

You can lock a Topic before it receives replies. Once a reply is made the option goes away.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bluehunter1973, maybe they can do that on their own pages where they are a moderator :dontknow:

If that's the case, I'd just stay away from their page.. :laughing7: You are correct in the sense if you have a different point of view, perhaps even make a suggestion, some may try and gang up on you..

I have a knack for ending those posts altogether :thumbsup: :laughing9:

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola

Spart, here i thought i was good at that, maybe its just after we comment theres no need for any other replies? Now on to the original topic, maybe the original poster of certain topics feels disrespected by some comments, i know there are some on here that post comments that have ZERO value other than to try to make themselves look superior or the others look foolish. One such post i just read where the proof was clearly posted and facts refrenced to yet one dingle berry continues to disagree even when shown where to find the information. Other peoples kids I tell ya! I think u can block members right? Idk i have been traveling for work and had to use my phone and for some reason alot of features dont work with it. Good day.

OP
OP
bluehunter1973

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought you couldnt either but I can no longer post to the topic. Really dont care that much about topic it was just the point. Spart how did I know that my thread would attract you to post. Lol as soon as I hit post I knew you would pop up. Your opinion is valued good or bad. Everybody's opinion is valued even if I dont agree. Kind of why I quit posting five years ago seems like its just gotten worse. People who just have nothing better to do than find a site start posting and having nothing to do but sit at home and push their political bull feces off and expect you to follow them like they are the messiah. Damn lucky they outlawed gunfights.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can you tell me which thread it is? Again, PM me if you'd rather. This has me curious. :icon_scratch:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bluehunter1973, bluehunter1973, bluehunter1973 :tongue3: Nearly every post attracts me, but I only reply to the interesting ones :laughing7: I'm 100% with you that if you post on a public forum, you have to agree, to be able to disagree... I've been as kind to point that out to them too :thumbsup:

I still remember one topic I replied to over a year ago where I saw something in a different light.. Heck, no light for that matter and the poster deleted the whole topic to be rid of me, only to re-post it :tongue3: Do you think that would get rid of me :dontknow: I don't think so.. Besides, my reply was mean, nasty, or anything negative.. It was however funny and many readers where able to read into it... You just have to remember, some people just have no sense of humor, even if you beat them over the head with it :laughing7:

P.S. DigginThePast... I saw you posted as I was typing... I think it was one of mine..

I hate other people comments too :laughing9:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
bluehunter1973, bluehunter1973, bluehunter1973 :tongue3: Nearly every post attracts me, but I only reply to the interesting ones :laughing7: I'm 100% with you that if you post on a public forum, you have to agree, to be able to disagree... I've been as kind to point that out to them too :thumbsup:

I still remember one topic I replied to over a year ago where I saw something in a different light.. Heck, no light for that matter and the poster deleted the whole topic to be rid of me, only to re-post it :tongue3: Do you think that would get rid of me :dontknow: I don't think so.. Besides, my reply was mean, nasty, or anything negative.. It was however funny and many readers where able to read into it... You just have to remember, some people just have no sense of humor, even if you beat them over the head with it :laughing7:

P.S. DigginThePast... I saw you posted as I was typing... I think it was one of mine..

I hate other people comments too :laughing9:

I should have known that you were behind it somehow. :laughing9: :laughing9:

So, you say some folks have no sense of humor. Say it isn't so.
1.gif

2.gif

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

People that metal detect are VERY sensitive. That's all there is to it. On other forums, you don't get people having a hissy fit if somebody disagrees with them. This odd demographic of people takes things very personally for reasons I don't really understand. Very few people on this site can even take a joke. They just end up sending PMs saying they want to kill me and do nasty things with my mom.

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bazinga said:
People that metal detect are VERY sensitive. That's all there is to it. On other forums, you don't get people having a hissy fit if somebody disagrees with them. This odd demographic of people takes things very personally for reasons I don't really understand. Very few people on this site can even take a joke. They just end up sending PMs saying they want to kill me and do nasty things with my mom.

You are very wrong there. It might be true based on your experience, but I belong to a variety of forums, based on various hobbies, cars, knives, video games, sports, etc...

In any of those the wrong comment at the right time can start an entire world war word in a matter of seconds. In fact the term "Flame war" has been around since the early days of the Internet with the old BBC boards, because all they were was forums, and "Flame wars" would erupt all the time, and most of the time all it takes is a simple comment being taken the wrong way, out of context.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Twisted One said:
bazinga said:

You are very wrong there. It might be true based on your experience, but I belong to a variety of forums, based on various hobbies, cars, knives, video games, sports, etc...

In any of those the wrong comment at the right time can start an entire world war word in a matter of seconds. In fact the term "Flame war" has been around since the early days of the Internet with the old BBC boards, because all they were was forums, and "Flame wars" would erupt all the time, and most of the time all it takes is a simple comment being taken the wrong way, out of context.

Twisted One, no you are the one wrong here :laughing7: That is how it starts :tongue3:

As far as, "all it takes is a simple comment being taken the wrong way, out of context", that too is incorrect. I'm pretty straight forward, blunt, and right to the point; even though there are some times I may dance around it for a while :tongue3:

bazinga, you get hate pm's :icon_scratch: I've never seen you even come remotely close to being disagreeable in a mean way.. I better keep my :icon_cyclops_ani: on you :laughing9:

P.S. bazinga, if tiy get tired of replying to your hate pm's send them to me for reply :thumbsup:

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
Twisted One said:
bazinga said:

Twisted One, no you are the one wrong here :laughing7: That is how it starts :tongue3:

As far as, "all it takes is a simple comment being taken the wrong way, out of context", that too is incorrect. I'm pretty straight forward, blunt, and right to the point; even though there are some times I may dance around it for a while :tongue3:

bazinga, you get hate pm's :icon_scratch: I've never seen you even come remotely close to being disagreeable in a mean way.. I better keep my :icon_cyclops_ani: on you :laughing9:

P.S. bazinga, if tiy get tired of replying to your hate pm's send them to me for reply :thumbsup:

sorry, of course there is the obvious methods to starting a flame war, such as correcting someone for not stating the obvious for those that are obviously semi-straight...forward, and blunt....

but those are not as common as the out of context mishaps. I used to belong to a forum for Pontiac owner...make a comment about considering drooping a chevy motor in your pontiac, and you wouldn't believe the war that begins.

OP
OP
bluehunter1973

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I understand people dont have a sense of humor and some are just naturally a pain in the backside. But I know people have some common sense. No Spart it was not one of your threads. You must be on a debate team. Look if you want people to agree with u and follow your every word start a dam cult and claim to be the fallen one. Its just stupid

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bluehunter1973and now another option for you :tongue3:

You need to draft a post where the same person reading it will love and agree 1/2 of it, and adamantly disagree with the second half, but it must all be in one thread. :tongue3:

Sounds crazy right :dontknow: Ahh, but here is the kicker. Once the replies come in, just keep changing your position on an given reply to be opposite. :tongue3:

Example:

original recovery story: Explain how you gently dig around your target to ensure no scratches to the item.
poster reply: Yes, that is the best way to recover.. After all what is the rush with the possibility of damaging it.
your rebuttal: Heck, I'll use a jackhammer to get through solid, hard ground and a wire brush to field clean.

Just keep flip flopping on everything all the time.. That will keep them on their toes.

Yeah, I tried going that cult route thing and even offered free koolaid when you joined.. No followers yet :icon_scratch:

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Me thinks WAR said it best......help me out spartacus....you know the song...

Attachments

• mightymouse.jpg
    mightymouse.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 442
OP
OP
bluehunter1973

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:laughing7: Spartacus I think I would get mad at myself for changing my own opinion and probably block myself. It is a great idea though I would possibly piss off more than one person. I ask myself is it worth the headache or will someone be smart enough to figure it out. :icon_scratch:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bluehunter1973, I have done this numerous times in the past, no wonder few pay me any mind :laughing9:

I think one of the best thread I ever ran, where was I completely modified the whole post after I got a few replies :laughing7: I forgot the original theme, but it was something along the lines of naming cute little animals. After the replies started, I changed the post to name the most vile creatures ever to walk the earth.

It really was hysterical to now watch the new replies coming in, where people posting were saying how can you cay a kitten is vile :laughing9: What was best, there were a few posts that could have really gone either way and still fit right in.. Ahh, the good old days.

Then again, I still have yet another option :thumbsup:

You can certainly watch for it in the near future.. I am confident that I will get several replies and wait to you see how I handle them... This will be the ultimate flip flop story :laughing9: It will not be mean spirited, but it will open a few eyes and perhaps change the way some thing :icon_scratch:

I will put a face to patronizing :laughing9:

P.S. bluehunter1973, It will be worded in a way that even you will fall for it :tongue3:

OP
OP
bluehunter1973

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I see your point Spart it keeps them on their toes. Check out the U.S. government post in general discussions. Your opinion would be valued.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread