Feb 13, 2012
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Compass Liberty 100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Treasure Net Members

bluehunter1973,

I agree 100% with what you are saying. Don't post if you can't take disagreeing opinions. I was not aware that you could be blocked. Along with that, what I detest is "Self proclaimed gurus" and their "mindless minions". You know what I mean, the "expert" makes a statement and his "camp followers" all jump in and tell him what a great statement that is. And woe to the person who disagrees with this hoard. Oh yeah, you get flamed publicly and privately with PM's. To be plain, I am talking about another MD board.

OP
OP
bluehunter1973

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I totally agree llanos I forgot about the "experts". Nobody can be an expert there is always more to learn. Thats if you dont think you know everything. These are the kind of people who take all of the experience from a book and form their own opinion with 0 field work and find a site to show off book knowledge and extreme egos.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
Twisted One said:
bazinga said:
People that metal detect are VERY sensitive. That's all there is to it. On other forums, you don't get people having a hissy fit if somebody disagrees with them. This odd demographic of people takes things very personally for reasons I don't really understand. Very few people on this site can even take a joke. They just end up sending PMs saying they want to kill me and do nasty things with my mom.

You are very wrong there. It might be true based on your experience, but I belong to a variety of forums, based on various hobbies, cars, knives, video games, sports, etc...

In any of those the wrong comment at the right time can start an entire world war word in a matter of seconds. In fact the term "Flame war" has been around since the early days of the Internet with the old BBC boards, because all they were was forums, and "Flame wars" would erupt all the time, and most of the time all it takes is a simple comment being taken the wrong way, out of context.

Twisted One, no you are the one wrong here :laughing7: That is how it starts :tongue3:

As far as, "all it takes is a simple comment being taken the wrong way, out of context", that too is incorrect. I'm pretty straight forward, blunt, and right to the point; even though there are some times I may dance around it for a while :tongue3:

bazinga, you get hate pm's :icon_scratch: I've never seen you even come remotely close to being disagreeable in a mean way.. I better keep my :icon_cyclops_ani: on you :laughing9:

P.S. bazinga, if tiy get tired of replying to your hate pm's send them to me for reply :thumbsup:

Haha, I get a LOT of hate PMs. They just randomly show up in my inbox. And the worst part is, since I'm basically on probation on this site, I can't even respond to them. I can only read them now, haha. Some of them are doozies, though. But I just try to have fun with them. They make me laugh. Some people hold long term grudges on this site against people, and I honestly can't even remember who I've disagreed with or who has disagreed with me from one thread to the next. And I'm limited to 10 posts a day now as well, which kinda sucks, ha, but oh well.

I would post some of the text from them here, but none of them are appropriate at all.

You aren't allowed to tell somebody to get a better machine on this site. You have to tell them that their machine is flat out awesome and if you aren't finding anything, you just haven't gone over it yet, but it's there, and keep on trying!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bazinga, wow, you can only post 10 items a day :icon_scratch:

How happy this must make you when you wasted one of them replying to me :laughing9:

I have posted some crazy things in the past and yet not one hate pm... What am I doing wrong :dontknow: :laughing7:

P.S. You may want to save that reply for tomorrow seeing you have only 9 posts left that I know of :tongue3:

OP
OP
bluehunter1973

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I see jealousy there Spartacus. You thought you were the worst one. lol Ten posts a day how the hell did you manage that. I tried to make thread on the U.S. government a couple of hours ago but it never went through so Im assuming it got the hammer. I dont live to argue I actually enjoy hearing what people have to say.

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

#@!$%$%^$#&%**&^%)_**

Attachments

• popeye 1.jpg
    popeye 1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 377

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
bazinga, wow, you can only post 10 items a day :icon_scratch:

How happy this must make you when you wasted one of them replying to me :laughing9:

I have posted some crazy things in the past and yet not one hate pm... What am I doing wrong :dontknow: :laughing7:

P.S. You may want to save that reply for tomorrow seeing you have only 9 posts left that I know of :tongue3:

The quickest way to get your posting limited is to disagree with a mod. Not all mods are bad, but there was one that I must have angered because my opinion differed. After that, I had no posting privileges. Then one day I was allowed to do one a day. Then my friend sent a PM to the higher powers and I got it upped to 10 a day.

Feel free to PM a mod to see if I can get more daily posts, as these metal detecting show threads make me want to post a LOT, but I'm not allowed to, haha.

bluehunter1973 said:
I see jealousy there Spartacus. You thought you were the worst one. lol Ten posts a day how the hell did you manage that. I tried to make thread on the U.S. government a couple of hours ago but it never went through so Im assuming it got the hammer. I dont live to argue I actually enjoy hearing what people have to say.

I enjoy fun debate. But some people take disagreements the wrong way and it's no longer a debate. And then I become the one that gets banned over it. Oh well. I do have a history. Years ago I got banned from the site for a couple of months and I can admit that I did deserve that, haha.

The worst though is when I get a post all typed out and then click post and it says I can't post anymore so that the site can control spam. ;D

OP
OP
bluehunter1973

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Must of been a one hell of a disagreement. I got warned for it years ago but I guess there is a God button after all. :icon_scratch:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

that's right, if you can't take a ribbing don't post.

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Your always going to get the 'one-sided-person' or 'very opinionated' or 'closed-minded' no matter where you are...

I am sure there are some here. Think about our hobby? It's pretty much an 'individual' based hobby. You go at it 'alone'.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

I did not know that there were some on here that sent hate PM's...... I thought that was against the rules.......... But i did get a not so nice Email from a dealer on here about 2 years ago.............. And i don't even know what it was about ...... all i thought it was about me saying something about Minelab .... Even though i use Minelab's when the cult get's going ..... I start telling about there service ,ect , ect ,........ But i still don't know what made him so unhappy ....... And about 2 years ago i got a PM from a moderator .... For my 2 grand sons used my PC and joined Tnet .... And when i would say something they would come on and agree with me............... And that made him mad for some reason....... God they are my son & grandson sure they will think like me .... I never gave a answer back to either one of them ....... I don't send PM's to any one unless i give them some information or to ask them a question................... I think that sending hate PM's is pretty low...........My kids said what is this we don't need this..... And never posted again...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

OH yes and the only one's that get upset with me are one's that use Minelab's . ??? ??? :headbang: :protest:..................... No one else on here care's what i say About there detector company................Just the Minelab people......................... I just don't under stand them....

OP
OP
bluehunter1973

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I can take most anything I just hate ignorant people who feel what they think is better than everyone else. Kippy if a dealer sends you an ugly PM because you said something negative about his product tell him to get blanked or report his business to the BBB. There is a lot of great dealers on this site that will go out of there way to make sure your satisfied. But when I post a topic and you dont agree let me know I am sure we can see both sides if we dont it doesnt mean we cant talk about something else. Some of these people have some issues about conversation. Hell I remember I was that kid that got on his report card "Does not play well with others" My mom framed it. I probably still dont but what I have learned is that everybody has an opinion good or bad respect it enough to listen to them not act like a dam cry baby.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

I know that some get pretty upset over who knows what..... Any one on here can say any thing they want about the detector i use or the company that makes them....... I really don't care...... It could be i would agree with them....... I don't report any one i just don't pay any attention to them..........But i still like it here on Tnet...... Even with all the hot heads here.......... Just that it is so easy to get them going..........I can't resist doing it ..... Like i have the Devil on my shoulder saying do it Jim do it............

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Viddy said:
Your always going to get the 'one-sided-person' or 'very opinionated' or 'closed-minded' no matter where you are...

I am sure there are some here. Think about our hobby? It's pretty much an 'individual' based hobby. You go at it 'alone'.

Viddy, I think you summed it up pretty much in those 2 sentences :tongue3: By the way.. Can I borrow that little guy on your shoulder, mine seems to be asleep at the wheel.

People have to remember that they're unique. Just like everyone else :thumbsup:

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

I agree. But also how come when someone disagrees like 20 people gang up on that person?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

relichunters said:
I agree. But also how come when someone disagrees like 20 people gang up on that person?

Perhaps a wolf pack mentality :dontknow:

I guess it's like a shark frenzy once they get a smell of blood in the water.. I have no problem bathing with open cuts :laughing7: I haven't had that situation yet, but it wouldn't surprise if it did happen :tongue3: Then again, you have to try and figure out what I'm trying to say, you have to love the good & bad/ pros/cons all in one post :laughing7: Comprehend me on 1/2 of the post and rip me apart on the other.. :tongue3: Go figure :tongue3:

OP
OP
bluehunter1973

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea been seeing that happen to. Of course there are some anti-american sentiment going on in one thread because of a stolen treasure.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bluehunter1973, I didn't see that thread, perhaps it didn't interest me at the time :laughing7: Then again, even if anti-American, maybe they had a valid reason, or at least they thought they did.. :dontknow:

Again, and you'll agree, it just boils down to a difference of opinion.

OP
OP
bluehunter1973

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes I did disagree I dont think when you wipe out a whole race of people and take their possessions melt them down into coins and jewelry and then the boat sinks somebody salvages it two hundred years later. Then then people who stole it from the indians come back and say that the treasure is part of their heritage and the people who brought it to the surface have to return it. Heck with that crap they stole it first how can it be theirs. Kind of dumb to me. I thought it would be your kind of thread but I guess I assumed wrong. It is kind of why I posted this thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread