Coin collectors see if you can....

SummerJam1973

Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....identify what these are and where they come from. This is just a little challenge, not unknowns:

Faces.jpg

Compare1.jpg

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
the middle pic on the left side looks like a claw from a Gobrecht silver dollar... upper right pic Saint-Gaudens walking liberty double eagle (20 gold)... I think... :icon_thumright: I'm likely wrong on these...

these are tuff! :) thanks.

funny -I've seen like one gold coin in real life... lmao. and in my google search I'm hitting pics of walking halves, gold coins and Archie Bunker... gotta love the internet! :P

OP
OP
S

SummerJam1973

Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mfitzy111 said:
the middle pic on the left side looks like a claw from a Gobrecht silver dollar... upper right pic Saint-Gaudens walking liberty double eagle (20 gold)... I think... :icon_thumright: I'm likely wrong on these...

these are tuff! :) thanks.

funny -I've seen like one gold coin in real life... lmao. and in my google search I'm hitting pics of walking halves, gold coins and Archie Bunker... gotta love the internet! :P

Essentially, you are correct. :thumbsup: The first three are from the St Gaudens design. The other six are variations on the foot of the Flying Eagle design, in various states of wear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread