I want to be able to pull mad juice from holes like thoes guys on diggers....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9:

Welcome to TreasureNet !

Not sure If your Being Serious or Sarcastic
Being you said "Juice" :tongue3:

the "Stick Thing" (Garrett Probe) are definately
a help but is about $130.00 so you have
$70 yet for a detector at that cost.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do yourself a favor and do some reading on the forum about that POS show. It's in your best interest to NEVER talk like that!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
Do yourself a favor and do some reading on the forum about that POS show. It's in your best interest to NEVER talk like that!

:laughing7:

Words to avoid like the Plague for sure

"Juice"
"Tokes"
"Civ"

are three I Can think of off hand

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got Roundness!...Anyway the end of our hobby is starting!

OP
OP
L

lazyike

Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry guys I just could not help myself. I saw a part of that show for the first time last night, ughhhh!
I have been doing this for a little while my uncle and I use to go out on weekends when I 10 years old. He used to get upset with me because I would get more excited about finding pop top's than finding coins.
My first detector was a coinmaster 2 and I bought it new :wink:. Just wanted to let you guys know that I was not some punk kid.

Good luck,
mike

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
lazyike
As yours was, this is a joke.

Go down to your local dealer and get you some meth, tell him or her how rich you going to get with finding da mad juice in that there ground. They might even front you the money to purchase your equipment for a cut man.
Once you got your equipment, get to swinging to the wired you got from the meth, Be sure to record what you say, you might even come up with some new lingo for Mding just like in that movie.. Muhahahahahha.

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Excellent post lazyike!!!!! I laughed for 5 minutes, and the whole time I was thinking about the reactions of everyone on this site, well played sir, well played.

Bill

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bsloan said:
Excellent post lazyike!!!!! I laughed for 5 minutes, and the whole time I was thinking about the reactions of everyone on this site, well played sir, well played.

Bill

I Thought "Please Let this be a Joke"
"Please Let this be a Joke"
"Please Let this be a Joke"
"Please Let this be a Joke" :laughing7:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just great! Now all the newbies are going to think THAT is how they are supposed to act! Sheesh. :BangHead:

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
Finally got around to watching the episodes of diggers that I had DVR'd. what a bunch of tool bags. I hope they went home, watched themselves on the show, realized they looked like morons and promptly sold their equipment. My wife's exact words after "listening in" on the show. "Do these people realize they are acting like morons on national TV? I'd never let them anywhere near property I own". That coming from someone who doesn't understand detecting, just like 98% of the world. The show is an abomination and will quickly label us all as pirates and quickly end the sport we love :(

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
>:( >:( >:(

'quickly end the hobby we love' -

no it won't - you know why, there are more good people around then bad ones - who are respectful of other people's property than there are of the tool bags like the 'jokes' from that show... tv isn't real- even if it's labeled reality tv... sadly it might make it harder for the rest of us- but in the end what will happen is this...
people will like what they see on the show- and go and buy an expensive detector- use it a few times and realize - digging is actually work- get sick of working and dump it on e-bay for less then what they paid for it, or it will end up in the back of the closet collecting dust....work isn't attractive...

I asked someone over the phone yesterday for permission to hunt an old abandoned house- left a message, in about an hour he called me back making a long winded excuse as to people hunt the land, and alot is going on- I respectfully said it's not a big deal I had just found a gold watch (it was gold plated! but I didn't know that until I got it home!) and I wasn't the least bit up upset or really phased by being told no I can't go there- I thanked him for returning the call to me and told him to have a good one. ending the conversation on a positive note and just mentioned that I had worked the area in the park near his property.

in the future if he loses his wedding ring or what ever - maybe he'll call me, maybe not- either way I didn't make the man mad or trespass on his posted land..and hopefully I got some respect points for calling him and 'asking', most people won't do that any more.
I think as long as there are some good people left in metal detecting it isn't going to end, but it will in places have a negative stigma from stupid tv shows. all we have to do is be better then what I'm hearing about those to idiots on tv.

OP
OP
L

lazyike

Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mfitzy111 said:
>:( >:( >:(

'quickly end the hobby we love' -

no it won't - you know why, there are more good people around then bad ones - who are respectful of other people's property than there are of the tool bags like the 'jokes' from that show... tv isn't real- even if it's labeled reality tv... sadly it might make it harder for the rest of us- but in the end what will happen is this...
people will like what they see on the show- and go and buy an expensive detector- use it a few times and realize - digging is actually work- get sick of working and dump it on e-bay for less then what they paid for it, or it will end up in the back of the closet collecting dust....work isn't attractive...

I asked someone over the phone yesterday for permission to hunt an old abandoned house- left a message, in about an hour he called me back making a long winded excuse as to people hunt the land, and alot is going on- I respectfully said it's not a big deal I had just found a gold watch (it was gold plated! but I didn't know that until I got it home!) and I wasn't the least bit up upset or really phased by being told no I can't go there- I thanked him for returning the call to me and told him to have a good one. ending the conversation on a positive note and just mentioned that I had worked the area in the park near his property.

in the future if he loses his wedding ring or what ever - maybe he'll call me, maybe not- either way I didn't make the man mad or trespass on his posted land..and hopefully I got some respect points for calling him and 'asking', most people won't do that any more.
I think as long as there are some good people left in metal detecting it isn't going to end, but it will in places have a negative stigma from stupid tv shows. all we have to do is be better then what I'm hearing about those to idiots on tv.

I agree 100% mfitzy..... I remember back in the 80's detecting was a fad it would seem like no matter where you went someone was hunting. Now today it seems like 99% of the people who are enjoying this sport have some morals and are respectfull. About this this show that we have some luck on our side #1 its has low raitings so I dont think it will be around for long. #2 unless you already like hunting you will more than likely not watch the show. And #3 it's on the national geograpic channel, not a large fan base like discovery or history channel. We can all hope that this show will air a couple of times and quietly fade away. No the sport we love and treasuer (no pun intended) will still be here for us, And who knows maybe that old farmsite you have been trying for years to get on, the owner might have seen part of the show and now his curriousity is sparked as to what his Grandparents might have lost on the property.

Good Luck,
Mike

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is great. I caught the last few minutes of that show last night when they were in Charleston... at Fenwick Hall.... how in the world "they" got to hunt there is beyond me.... :icon_scratch:. Guess the TV had alot to do with it.

I heard them say something about a nectar pit or nectar hole :laughing9:.... Thinking an Artillery button was at least "a thou" (insert puking smiley here)

What bugged me the most at the end of the show, was "what's it worth" and not so much "what it is". More about the money than the instrinsic value of finding something cool..

Glad to see most folks here feel the same way.

MR_MASSEUSE

Jan 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ive only been Metal Detecting a short time, and even I know the show Diggers is a bad idea,, puts a negative spin in most eyes that watch it,, this is a great fun Hobby for me, may not have a great machine, someday I will, but for now,,,i,m still having fun,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread