First no because of t.v. show.

ds6191

Dec 29, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I'm afraid it has started. My first private yard "no" because of a t.v. show. Now to be fair she didn't say which one. But she did say that "Your not going to make a bunch of holes and make a mess like those guys on t.v.do." I didn't ask what show and I tried to explain that I just make a plug and that she wouldn't even be able to tell I was in her yard. Again to be fair, maybe she used the "t.v." show as an excuse and she would have said no anyway.But that is the excuse she gave me. It's a big ouch considering she lives on my street and our children go to school together. I've been told no before but this one stings a little. The parks around here have been hit hard and the private yards are my game plan this year.
I really hope I don't hear anything like that again. I can handle no, but the reason she gave me is hard to take. Dan

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right, the show just gave her an excuse, you were never going to be allowed to hunt that yard. Move on and dont worry about it.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so I guess you dont like the tv show?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
lookindown said:
Your right, the show just gave her an excuse, you were never going to be allowed to hunt that yard. Move on and dont worry about it.
She would have said no even if there was not a tv show............ lookingdown said it right it was just a excuse...... If there was not a tv show she would have found another reason......

DanRiverMan

Dec 13, 2009
Rockingham County, NC
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC - Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get about 3 out of 10 "NO's" on a regular basis for YEARS.. That also means I get about 7 yes' out of 10....TV will have little to no impact now or In the future for me..People say no for all kinds of reasons, that may be just another to add on..

Scott

OP
OP
ds6191

ds6191

Dec 29, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To be fair I did say she might have been using the show as an excuse.As far as me being a fan of the show, I only saw about half of the one when they went to South Caroline. Honestly I could take it or leave it.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
ruby gold ring 700.jpg View attachment 618857 Don't just ask, use your head!! I have a 8x10 picture of a yard in the neighborhood that I use. It shows a local house and below it the Mounted ax head, 3 ct ruby/gold ring and other items found there. I actually get requests now. Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread