AT Pro vs. ACE 250

CladMagnet

Oct 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a ace 250 and my at pro is on the fed ex truck will be here today ill get back with you :laughing7:

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am an ETrac user and got an AT Pro as a back up unit (for when it rains), and had it out the first time the other day...

#1 it is a COIN MAGNET! the screen might jump, but the sounds are great!
#2 it's VERY deep! I air tested it in the house and was impressed. Then I took it to a local park. Hit a solid target.
I dug a cut and folded it back. checked hole with pro Pointer and nothing! Just started complaining about the 'pinpointing SUCKS on this!....' I was about 4" down. Went over the hole with the AT Pro. Still dinged! Dug down deeper! pulled a 1946 SILVER dime out! The Pro Pointer never buzzed because it was at about 10" ! ! !
#3 easy to use, fast recovery, and it might be the ACE350 on steroids (with a ProMode...LOL)

Is the AT Pro better than my ETrac? That's not what I am saying. My ETrac is a BEAST! But I'd put the AT Pro up against anything in that price range....

CladMagnet

Oct 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so I got the atpro and was out about 3 hrs in my yard I did manage to find $1.76 in clad where I had hunted many hrs with the 250 with the large dd coil. I was able to pull 2 quarters out of iron infested ground in pro mode. I did however dig 4 cans that i thought was going to be silver quarters but so far I really like it I just have to go through the learning curve. pinpointing is right on and it does go very deep.HH

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:icon_thumright:

my thoughts are if you can afford the PRO get it. it's worth it :) - go and play in water and rain. I love my Etrac too- I also have the pro as a backup- and it's good- deeper then my Ace 350 (that I loved- found a barber dime at about 10/11 inches down.) I've only been out once with my PRO but it's warming up... ::)

have a good one all.
:icon_thumright:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Count me in as another person using an AT Pro as a backup to their E-trac. Ace 250? No comparison to either...

The AT Pro will absolutely hold its own against an E-trac. The AT Pro is so easy to use and it locks in on coins very well. It is surprisingly accurate and surprisingly deep. Also, pinpointing is deadly accurate. If you have a short hunt and you know coins are out there, take the AT Pro, notch out everything but coins, and you will find them like a magnet in no time. If you want to slowly comb a Colonial site filled with iron, take the E-trac to find the deep "hidden" targets.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the AtPro, you have the advantage of ground balancing to offset the mineralization in the soil. You also have a higher frequency, so you will get better iron discrimination and higher sensitivity to gold. Plus with iron audio, you can find targets next to or under iron nails.

The 250 is a good machine, but you will get greater depth with the AtPro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread