How do you handle pooping in the field?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DigImust

Jan 30, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wasn't it Santana who famously sang "I can't find nobody that I can DEPEND on"?

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
Get yourself a cheap, (used if possible) small tent that breaks down small. No car huh? Do you take the bus? Either way, look up the lightest one you can since you'll be carrying it like maybe in a backpack. Set it up at home and cut a huge section of the floor out. Get to a park, dig your hole, set up your tent (centering it on the hole you just dug) and do your business. You can bury it or do your business in a large garbage bag to take to a trash can. Take your tent down. With some practice at home you'll be able to get your tent up FAST and down FAST. No one will see what your doing...they'll just wonder if your camping and then changed your mind. Chances are you'll be "in and out" before anyone decides to come over and ask questions. Second, consider a used van...much easier to use than a car.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Originally Posted by Bigcypresshunter
You dont have a car?

No, as I thought I'd explicitly said in my original post
. [/QUOTE heepiepow]

Yes you sure did. I guess I didnt read past the word pooping... Not having a car creates a lot of other problems.

Try drinking coffee or eating breakfast before going out it works for me.

Last edited:

Cable

Dec 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
mxt, dfx, gmt,f75ltd, f5, gold bug, bhid
Terry is right on---he did not mention that when wearing suspenders be sure to pull them out of the way before varooming---lol

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Actually it may even be a problem urinating in some areas. Wow I never thought of carrying a metal detector on a bus or on foot. That could be very dangerous.

Some thoughts on the idea about carrying a bucket. It better have a tight fitting lid when you carry it on the bus. Myself I would prefer to leave it behind. Look for a heavily wooded area at least where you can hide. In town you will be better suited to look for gas station or any restaurant or McDonalds should work.

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to leave a dump on deer trails so the deer mite step in it....I can see the deer shaking it's leg trying too shake it off....mumbling dam humans....no I at lest try to hide the paper...

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I like to leave a dump on deer trails so the deer mite step in it....I can see the deer shaking it's leg trying too shake it off....mumbling dam humans....no I at lest try to hide the paper...
Nothing worse than scattered piles of brown stained paper. I always burn mine but make sure you wait until the last ember is out. My friend caught the forest on fire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread