Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Kellyco packages

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Jun 2012
    Coker, Alabama
    Garrett Ace 350
    39
    1 times
    Metal Detecting

    Kellyco packages

    Just wondering if the stuff you get in the package/options when you order from Kellyco is good stuff or cheap and will not last. Like the shovel, backpacks, cases, etc.....? I have found similar prices online for the detector but it does not come with all the stuff....so is it worth buying from Kellyco becasue of the extras?

  2. # ADS
    Ads

    TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

  3. #2

    May 2012
    43
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I placed a order a few days ago for a package deal from kellyco but I dont expect the free accessories to be that durable. But you never know.
    nightowl likes this.

  4. #3
    us
    Jun 2012
    Coker, Alabama
    Garrett Ace 350
    39
    1 times
    Metal Detecting
    I know the detectors will be good and I am probably going to order from them because I have heard nothign but good things about them, I was just wondering about the packages?

  5. #4
    HI HO HI Ho its off detecting I go

    Jul 2006
    Hemet, Ca
    Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
    270
    4 times
    Their digger is ok, the pouchs are thin and wear out with heavy use never used the cd's so can't say anything about them. I bought my detector from them over five years ago and still use the digger. Do not buy their cobra or viper detectors I made the mistake and never found anything much and broke easily. 300 bucks out the door. Good luck and hapy hunting.
    Retired from work not from life, Enjoy life while you can, it doesnt last forever.  HH Ted

  6. #5
    us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    10,507
    990 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    They are not bad items, the digger is good for sand, or soft ground, nothing more than that. If you want better items, either buy them directly, or go to home depot, Lowes, etc.

    I can guarantee that you won't feel like a kid on Christmas morning

  7. #6
    us
    Oct 2009
    4,291
    1769 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    They are fine if you are working in wood chips. If you want to do any real hunting, they are worthless.

  8. #7
    us
    Jul 2010
    12
    9 times
    I purchased a Fisher F75 ltd about a year ago from Kellyco, and it came with a package of goodies you know digger, pouch, head phones, and other items. I think the value that they place on these packages is way more than they are acctually worth. The gator digger bent while digging up a spoon. The head phones wouldnt stay adjusted and the pouches were so light weight that I ended up giving them to my grand daughter. I could have gotten a package from a local dealer that encluded a lesch digger and a pair of Gray Ghost head phones which I ended up buying later. So I guess that you need to look at these packages as something to get you started and thats about it.

  9. #8
    us
    NJ

    Nov 2006
    Middlesex County, New Jersey
    Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000
    3,214
    90 times
    Metal Detecting
    Many years ago I purchased a detector from Kellyco and the package included 2 extra coils which was well worth it. Can't speak to their packages now but I would not expect too much if you are a hard core hunter.

    Good luck

    NJ
    Last edited by N.J.THer; Jun 07, 2012 at 01:15 PM.

  10. #9
    us
    Apr 2012
    The Jersey Shore
    Ace350/ATpro/Excalibur1000/ Eldorado/BandidoII uMax/Silver Sabre uMax/Compadre/ Garrett Pro-Pointer/Lesche digger model 75/ RTG stainless Beachmaster scoop/Stealth S3i Sugarsand Scoop
    529
    148 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I bought my Ace 350 plus I paid the $35 extra for the Package #2 option from them not too long ago this year.
    I can tell you that most of the stuff they include with prices of each is way over inflated.
    Here's the webpage:
    Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors

    Ok for example they have those Dollar store gloves retail value at $19.95
    The 2 pocket coin pouch for $9.95 It is cheap vinal. Home Depot or Lowes sells sturdy cloth nail poiches for like $2.00
    The same type and brand (Fiscars) composit digger they have listed for $7.95 can be had at Walmart for $3.95
    The CD you might look at once it is mostly generic common information that you can easily find 10X more info on this forum.
    The $ 6.95 sheath is vinal and won't last long either.
    The headphones already come packaged with all the Ace 350's so it is not an extra.
    the $39.95 backpack is basic and thin vinal, Dollar Store quality.
    The Sawtooth gator Digger is ok if you have never used a digger before. Put a copper pipe cap on under the grip so the grip doesn't wear through and give you a big blister like it did to me after about 4 hours of use in dry dirt.
    The Metal Detector carry bag is decent.
    I also got the BOGO offer and that included the Bounty Hunter pinpointer. Which will only detect coins an inch away.

    In conclusion the package has all the basic equiptment to get you started for the price you pay for it but most of them are cheaply made and will wear out quickly or be of no use to you at all.

    I wound up after a short time of using them getting a Lesche digger and a Garrett Propointer.
    I also wound up buying the smaller 5x8 DD coil for trash areas in parks ect.

    If I had to do all over again to save money, I would have ordered the Ace 350 2 Coil package that also comes with the 2 coil covers. (you definitely want them!) With none of the accessories they have to offer. If you call and ask, it is a cheaper price than the internet price with the options included. If they won't do it there are plenty of the forum sponsors that are retailers that will sell you just the unit.
    I would have also ordered the Lesche digger and the Garrett Propointer.
    Then I would have gone to Lowes or Home Depot or Walmart and picked up the other incidentals like gloves, finds pouch, ect.
    All the metal detecting information you need is better and free on this forum.

    Good Luck with your purchase and happy hunting.
    Last edited by Ace350; Jun 07, 2012 at 01:32 PM.
    QuarterMaster likes this.
    One must be smarter than the equipment they are working with!

  11. #10
    us
    It's dangerous to be right when those with a thimbleful of perceived authority are wrong.

    Mar 2012
    Michigan
    White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
    811
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    Garbage. The prices are NOT accurate. Figure you could REALLY buy that stuff for about 1/4 of what they say it's worth.

    The gator digger is a piece of crap and will bend the first time you use it in moderately firm soil, the plastic shovels will also snap in a heartbeat.

    Don't be sucked in by the package and just buy the machine and get the GOOD tools on your own.

  12. #11
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2012
    CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
    1,936
    494 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I've found over the years that clevengers in kansis city has the best prices around,but you get nothing extra.You can save money on your detector and use what you saved to buy good tools,accesories.
    Diggit likes this.

  13. #12

    May 2012
    43
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Well the price I paid for the package deal was still cheaper than most other stores that didnt include all the extras so I wasnt to concerned if they end up being junk or not.

  14. #13

    Nov 2003
    Houston, TX.
    Tesoro Bandito, Tajon, Fisher CZ20
    252
    4 times
    Relic Hunting
    I bough Garrett 1000 GTL and a Fisher CZ 20
    From them. Very happy with price and product. If I can, I'll use them again..
    Southern Roots, Northern Ties and Texas Pride!

  15. #14
    us
    Jun 2012
    Coker, Alabama
    Garrett Ace 350
    39
    1 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by boarman1 View Post
    Well the price I paid for the package deal was still cheaper than most other stores that didnt include all the extras so I wasnt to concerned if they end up being junk or not.
    Thats what I was thinking, also can use the BOGO deal and get my son a decent MD for about $62.00

  16. #15
    us
    Apr 2012
    North Central Nebraska
    Whites Spectrum XLT Ace350 Pioneer Bounty Hunter 202
    168
    44 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace350 View Post
    I bought my Ace 350 plus I paid the $35 extra for the Package #2 option from them not too long ago this year.
    I can tell you that most of the stuff they include with prices of each is way over inflated.
    Here's the webpage:
    Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors

    Ok for example they have those Dollar store gloves retail value at $19.95
    The 2 pocket coin pouch for $9.95 It is cheap vinal. Home Depot or Lowes sells sturdy cloth nail poiches for like $2.00
    The same type and brand (Fiscars) composit digger they have listed for $7.95 can be had at Walmart for $3.95
    The CD you might look at once it is mostly generic common information that you can easily find 10X more info on this forum.
    The $ 6.95 sheath is vinal and won't last long either.
    The headphones already come packaged with all the Ace 350's so it is not an extra.
    the $39.95 backpack is basic and thin vinal, Dollar Store quality.
    The Sawtooth gator Digger is ok if you have never used a digger before. Put a copper pipe cap on under the grip so the grip doesn't wear through and give you a big blister like it did to me after about 4 hours of use in dry dirt.
    The Metal Detector carry bag is decent.
    I also got the BOGO offer and that included the Bounty Hunter pinpointer. Which will only detect coins an inch away.

    In conclusion the package has all the basic equiptment to get you started for the price you pay for it but most of them are cheaply made and will wear out quickly or be of no use to you at all.

    I wound up after a short time of using them getting a Lesche digger and a Garrett Propointer.
    I also wound up buying the smaller 5x8 DD coil for trash areas in parks ect.

    If I had to do all over again to save money, I would have ordered the Ace 350 2 Coil package that also comes with the 2 coil covers. (you definitely want them!) With none of the accessories they have to offer. If you call and ask, it is a cheaper price than the internet price with the options included. If they won't do it there are plenty of the forum sponsors that are retailers that will sell you just the unit.
    I would have also ordered the Lesche digger and the Garrett Propointer.
    Then I would have gone to Lowes or Home Depot or Walmart and picked up the other incidentals like gloves, finds pouch, ect.
    All the metal detecting information you need is better and free on this forum.

    Good Luck with your purchase and happy hunting.
    100% CORRECT!
    Ace350 likes this.

  17. #16
    us
    Oct 2009
    4,291
    1769 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by boarman1 View Post
    Well the price I paid for the package deal was still cheaper than most other stores that didnt include all the extras so I wasnt to concerned if they end up being junk or not.
    Then you didn't call any of the other sponsors like Big Boys, or NEDs!

  18. #17
    us
    Apr 2012
    White's Coinmaster
    62
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I don't understand the gold and silver coin replicas they offer with some packages. What are they for? Might be an interesting conversation piece I guess, or something to bury for your poor sap hunting buddy to find

  19. #18
    us
    Sep 2004
    Rhode Island
    Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, & Garrett Pro-Pointer
    719
    28 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggit View Post
    Garbage. The prices are NOT accurate. Figure you could REALLY buy that stuff for about 1/4 of what they say it's worth.

    The gator digger is a piece of crap and will bend the first time you use it in moderately firm soil, the plastic shovels will also snap in a heartbeat.

    Don't be sucked in by the package and just buy the machine and get the GOOD tools on your own.
    I have the gator digger from Kellyco I purchased 12 years ago!!! It is NOT junk...it is very durable!!
    Just my opinion.....

    Joe

  20. #19
    Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

    Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    4,136
    1426 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have bought several detectors from Kellyco over the years. The included packages were ok. I had ONE complaint... and I posted it here (check archives). I told them to "chuck" the folding knife as a badly made piece of junk. Folding blades should hold up way past expected use or they will fail, hurting somebody. I tested the knife shortly after receiving the detector and was able to easily make the locking mechanisim fail. Not good... and I told them so... including posting it here. They continued to send out knives. Don't know if they still do. TTC
    At home the ground was covered with snow, and I was covered with sweat. My younger brother called me a killer and my daddy called me a vet. Still in Saigon. Charlie Daniels Band

  21. #20

    Apr 2012
    Tupelo, Ms
    11
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I emailed Bart Davis at bigboyshobbies.net. He beat there price and with out the fluff.
    I don't know about you but I try not to support China. I am sure everything in the fluff package is from off shore.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Mar 07, 2012, 12:07 PM
  2. Just got in several Fisher F2 packages!! Great deals on them!
    By Bart@Big Boys Hobbies in forum Treasure Related Stuff For Sale
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jan 13, 2011, 07:52 AM
  3. Introducing the newest Kellyco Adventure - Kellyco Outdoors
    By metdetdevl in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct 15, 2010, 04:32 PM
  4. Sending Packages to Iraq
    By Don in SJ in forum The Barracks!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2009, 07:10 AM

Search tags for this page

best bogo detectors
,

fisher f75 ltd bogo deal

,
kelloyco bogo
,
kelly co bogo sale 2013
,

kellyco

,

kellyco backpack gloves bag

,

kellyco bogo

,

kellyco products made in china

,

sawtooth gator digger

,
why does clevenger's push the garrett ace 250 but not the fisher f2
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3