Vintage Brinkmann 5000 Treasure Sensor

chuck5162

Apr 5, 2011
I am looking for a manual for the above detector, since I am a newbie and use a Classic ID I thought this Brinkmann I bought at a yard sale would be easy to use but haven't got a clue as to how to adjust the discrimination. When passing over metal, the needle pegs all the way to the right without any fluctuation. Any advice on how to adjust this machine would be helpful Thanks, chuck5162 Marion, MA

Last edited:

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked all over and couldn't find the manual online. From the pics I found it looks to be a pretty old machine though, and it may just not work right anymore.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen one in years but I thought the meter on the early Brinkmanns was signal intensity only independant of "beep/dig" discrimination. Is the meter marked up with various coins/iron/ring pull icons ?

gesonsite

Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the manual if you still need it, I will be glad to scan and send it...gary

I am looking for a manual for the above detector, since I am a newbie and use a Classic ID I thought this Brinkmann I bought at a yard sale would be easy to use but haven't got a clue as to how to adjust the discrimination. When passing over metal, the needle pegs all the way to the right without any fluctuation. Any advice on how to adjust this machine would be helpful Thanks, chuck5162 Marion, MA

I have the manual if you still need it, I will be glad to scan and send it...gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread