etrac, Blisstool, and Deus compared. This is a big deal!

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Brian:

Simply because many people are so brand-loyal that they can not imagine that their etrac could be outdone. I wish we here on this side of the pond could buy a Blisstool, but so far I can't find one for sale here. Do you have information otherwise?

LL

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing if that test was accurate. 8-)
I am no fan of freshly buried objects for testing.
And if this was a Manufacturer, or dealer test my confidence also drops.

If you search Blisstool usa you'll find info online

they'll run you anywhere from $1100 up to $1500 which isn't outrageous.

I won't list the seller here, because they are not a Trusted supporter of TreasureNet ,
and would delete anyone else's post advertising non supporting dealers.

also if you get ripped off by a non supporting dealer, we can
play you a little tune worlds_smallest_violin.gif

Last edited:

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, XP Deus 1 and Deus 2, Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That video is totally true and accurate - I was there!

Hello Jeff.
i was there for that video.
You don't know me but that is a 1,000% true and accurate video.
I can arrange to have the USA distributor meet up with you at one of your spots to see it in action and test it for yourself.

He will also bring: E-Trac, CTX 3030, Deus, TDI Pro

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jeff.
i was there for that video.
You don't know me but that is a 1,000% true and accurate video.
I can arrange to have the USA distributor meet up with you at one of your spots to see it in action and test it for yourself.

He will also bring: E-Trac, CTX 3030, Deus, TDI Pro

Morning e_d :hello:

although I would like to know how it stands up to the Anthracite coal region & our iron Ore,
Being from the east Central area of PA,between Wilkes Barre & Harrisburg, I definitely wouldn't want
to Drag him here. Especially since I wouldn't be buying.

But thanks for the Info & Offer :occasion14:
it's always nice to hear about improvements in detectors without adding outrageous pricing :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They need to slow the swing speed down on all of them.

I noticed that when watching :laughing7:
almost appeared like he never swung a detector before.
or Impatience
(too excited maybe)

Last edited:

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow swing speed way to fast for sure with the ETrac. Also freshly buried is not a good thing at all.

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, XP Deus 1 and Deus 2, Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jeff,

I appreciate you being considerate in not wanting the USA Importer to go out of his way - but he is actually just a little over 2 hours from your location :happysmiley: He has regularly traveled as much as 7 hours to demo the Blisstool in the red dirt of Culpeper, VA...

He is NOT looking to sell you a machine.

But, being that the Blisstool is a new comer to the USA market - he believes that having trusted people like yourself (who moderate excellent forums like Treasurenet) see and experience the Blisstool first hand - will go a long way in dispelling myths and rumors from people who have never seen or touched the machine.

Feel free to bring along any others who you think would like to see this detector first hand for themselves.

The risk is ALL on the USA Distributor - If the machine doesn't perform to the claims - you were there to witness it....but he is confident enough in the detector's capabilities that he is willing to take the shot...again - there is NO risk or obligation on your part what so ever...

Let's do this soon - PM me with contact details.

Thanks.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8-) Will see what I can set up for a good site to try it on & get back to you.
Perhaps in the Triangle right here in my Hometown.

MercMan

Sep 15, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II
I took the Etrac, excalibur and my older garrett to my test bed. Coins, rings, screw cap and nails that were buried(a measured 10" but closer to 11.5" with build up over the years) a long time ago. At the swing speed in the video the Etrac and excal would hit the half solid and the quarter enough that I would have stopped. Anything else probably would walk over. Garrett would not even ring up any of them. I slowed the swing down to the 3-4 secs that Minelab recommends from one side to the other and they all would hit solid.
Maybe that is the Blisstool's advantage - it hits deep fast? Reminds me of the older motion detectors. You had to really swing them to make them work. But as far as that video being a fair comparison of the Deus and Etrac I would question the results.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the Etrac, excalibur and my older garrett to my test bed. Coins, rings, screw cap and nails that were buried(a measured 10" but closer to 11.5" with build up over the years) a long time ago. At the swing speed in the video the Etrac and excal would hit the half solid and the quarter enough that I would have stopped. Anything else probably would walk over. Garrett would not even ring up any of them. I slowed the swing down to the 3-4 secs that Minelab recommends from one side to the other and they all would hit solid.
Maybe that is the Blisstool's advantage - it hits deep fast? Reminds me of the older motion detectors. You had to really swing them to make them work. But as far as that video being a fair comparison of the Deus and Etrac I would question the results.

Yes I remember seeing the old Bounty hunter Red Barrons being swung like weed wackers,
& my understanding at the time they were one of the leading detectors being used.

one thing that concerns me is tones.

I am a Died in the wool Multi tone person since the Sovereign.

I will never enjoy a single or even 3 tone machine again.
from the Vid it sounds like the Blisstool is a single tone ?
no idea on the deus but I hear the deus is #1 on seperation of targets.

Talked to my Nephew about getting the Importer here he is up for it also.
so once the choice of 90's Heat & Humidity or rain backs off & it looks like
we'll get a few days of comfortable weather, I'll be contacting him for a Test Drive :icon_thumright:

If he travels to Virginia, odds are he Passes my place on interstate 81 pretty regularly

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I place no faith in online videos comparing various detectors by manufacturer or dealers including minelab. We all know there is big difference between fresh buried targets and true targets. We also know swing speed is a big factor in performance.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I place no faith in online videos comparing various detectors by manufacturer or dealers including minelab. We all know there is big difference between fresh buried targets and true targets. We also know swing speed is a big factor in performance.

yes Normally you loose at least 50% of depth on a Freshly buried object.
at least that is what I noticed in my yard with the sovereign.

Not sure if it works both ways & getting more depth on fresh targets,
or if different machines change things getting More on fresh & less on old targets.

MercMan

Sep 15, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II
Ahh the Red Baron - My second detector at about age 10 or 11. You had to SWING it to make it work.

My test bed has been in place for over 10 years. Hopefully it is a good rep for long lost targets by now.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blisstool makes a video. Minelab makes a video. bla bla bla I've seen videos of Bigfoot, but don't beleive those either.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtscratcher sums it up in a few words. My Blisstool worries (and I recommended people to try the back in the early LTC 27 and LTC42 days since which there's been around another twelve versions).

UK forum to fond of banning people making the normal enquires you should make of any "new" machine. Misleading video's. Other detectors being used with different sized coils to the Blisstools or being used incorrectly.

Video's being watched but no attention being paid to the testers comments made on forums. For instance with the group test with an old "Blue and Grey" which didn't do to badly in view of its age, an F75 was also used. The forum comment was that though they had no experience with the F75 it had found all but one of the targets the Bliss did (and this is not the "boosted" deep F75 LTD).

All to often in the group tests a detector would find a good target that the Bliss would not signal on. The Bliss would then be adjusted until it did give a signal. A detector should be set up for a site, then be used. There's no way you can optimise for a signal you have not heard in the first place.

As with another European machine being pushed in the U.S. at the moment there's a habit of showing abilities that can only be achieve one at a time as though they are present all the time. Bit like the iffy information posted by brand fanatics for years where all metal depths are quoted and fantastic discrimination abilities in the same breath but no mention that you could have one or the other but not both.

With my limited wet salt beach time I found that it didn't replace my pulse machines because when the effect of the salt was balanced out it lost the very target I was looking for which was thin hammered silver pennies. On the other hand on land I like a detector that can run on the edge. The price is not bad, warranty is poor. If as reliable as claimed then you should not have to pay for it to be sent to another country. The turnover in machines is fairly high considering the few sold. A couple say they use them as back ups for their Minelabs, another that they wouldn't use them on their "ancient" site, another not on his Roman site etc etc. and the company is quite open in suggesting that not ideal for sites like your local park.

If you rely on a meter or like more switch on and go designs then a ten knob detector isn't likely to be the best choice. Those who are prepared to learn the machine and dig more iron and rubbish signals may like it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UK forum to fond of banning people making the normal enquires you should make of any "new" machine. Misleading video's. Other detectors being used with different sized coils to the Blisstools or being used incorrectly.

I suppose they can run their forum their way.
No problem here as long as they are legit enquires,
and not dependent on where the detector is made.

allot of excellent points Brian ! especially this one.

All to often in the group tests a detector would find a good target that the Bliss would not signal on. The Bliss would then be adjusted until it did give a signal. A detector should be set up for a site, then be used. There's no way you can optimise for a signal you have not heard in the first place.

it is tuff to adjust to something that may or may not be there.
unless you have a test garden made with the same soil & objects your tuning for.
this is why I run auto & live with the final results .

as for warranty Service
I like the intent of the NO DOWN TIME" SERVICE PROGRAM / BLISSTOOL USA will provide you with a loaner unit.

however allot is left to be desired there also.
I can understand The $135.00 covers ALL delivery and transport expenses incurred by BLISSTOOL USA for sending your equipment to/from Bulgaria, sending you a loaner unit and returning your repaired equipment to you

However, Notice # 5 & 6

5. Once your serviced equipment has been received back we will notify you to return the loaner unit to BLISSTOOL USA in NY.

6. Upon our receipt and inspection of the returned loaner unit we will return your serviced equipment.

:key:

Sounds like Down Time to me :laughing7:

Perhaps $135.00 to cover a brand new replacement unit would be better.:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread