Harbor freight metal detector?

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
I had one of the HF's 9 Function Metal Detector with Pinpoint. Bought it with a coupon, so I got it even cheaper. Worked fine. Pinpoint is right on the money (no pun intended). The construction is flimsy but I don't go around smacking trees with my detectors anyway :laughing7:. If ya wanna beginner level or back up machine, I say why not.

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
il_fullxfull.354223686_c36c.jpg permission-granted.png ..to spend your money as you see fit... f6000b8eccaabedb58f265fa54a3d6e4-friendly-dog-gives-you-permission-to-pet-it.jpg ...He is in Harbor freight buying a detector....Don't look at me, I am just a dog...

jwbro

Mar 25, 2014
Blue Ridge, Va
Detector(s) used
White's QXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could also check craigslist. There are a few on there for reasonable prices.

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the 9 function one from HF for my son. It works OK, for the price, I don't think it can be beat. Like another poster said, the construction is flimsy so as long as you are careful with it, it should last.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
And an AT Pro is well made? Please!!!!!!!!!!!
It feels like it should cost $20

Yeah, the $50.00 harbor freight detector is water resistant.....The absolute facts of the matter are that most "high end" metal detectors are hugely overpriced. They comprise a stand alone vendor industry that typically employes thousands of full commissioned sales people who have never sincerely treasure hunted a day in their life .... Do you see any stand alone Washing machine or appliance centers any more?

Thats how many millions upon Millions the detector manufacturers are raking in....

The 4 or 5 biggest players are very very shrewd and prey on the hopes and dreams of ordinary people who have more money then experience, when it comes to treasure hunting.
They flagship machines are made of garbage, their warranties are voided if you take your equipment "outdoors or get it wet" at all.
The manufactures laugh their XXXXes off as they write that getting a metal detector wet will void the warranty , and yet they still sell thousands and thousands of units at enormous margins,. Huge margins.... They think most treasure hunters are lazy and stupid so they continue to raise the price of their machines until you buy them....

Now, to be fair, and very much to their credit, at least they are employing somebody.....

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My eldest son uses a HF detector. He finds just as much as my youngest son's Garrett. Yes BOTH are adults. If money is an issue, why spend what you don't have? Deficit spending creates problems.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did that a few time with their Pinpointer!!! LOL Chug JUNK JUNK JUNK

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thread was started July 2012 and the poster never responded. Just saying... :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread