Bottle Digging Questions?

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to start bottle digging. I love bottles and love collecting them. What are places to look for bottles? I know creeks, burn piles, glass on surface, etc. but for all you expierenced diggers out there what do you do? How can I make my own probe? And for hunting bottles in the water where people would throw them, what kind of tool(s) could you use? I know this is a newbie question, but i've always stuck to metal detecting however I did recover old railroad relics from a 1920's railroad dump pile however I did not find any bottles but did find insulators attached to the original poles dating back to 1884.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
MrSchulz said:
I want to start bottle digging. I love bottles and love collecting them. What are places to look for bottles? I know creeks, burn piles, glass on surface, etc. but for all you expierenced diggers out there what do you do? How can I make my own probe? And for hunting bottles in the water where people would throw them, what kind of tool(s) could you use? I know this is a newbie question, but i've always stuck to metal detecting however I did recover old railroad relics from a 1920's railroad dump pile however I did not find any bottles but did find insulators attached to the original poles dating back to 1884.

You should ask this in the glass forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread