You can see what is in the ground before you dig it up!.

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
I hate that commercial.I was trying to pump a not to far away neighbor about a legend of gold buried in the swamp and all he kept saying was how about the detector that can see in the ground?.I tried to talk to new people about going out and finding revolution war artifacts and they said how about that detector that sees what's in the ground before you dig it up?.Then i talked to some so called friends about metal detecting and some basic stuff and he looks up at me and said I'm getting the one that sees into the ground.I give up,i am done talking to anybody about metal detecting ever again.That commercial has took away everything from me.If i hear one more person talk about seeing in the ground again i might need a therapist.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
What ?? You mean you DON'T have the detector that tells you what's in the ground yet ? Tsk Tsk Tsk. You need to get with the times man.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
If it barks, its a dog. If it quacks, its a duck. A blind man would do exceptionally well at metal detecting. I tect at night and rarely use a flashlight and never look at screens for target info.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My neighbor bought that detector that sees in the ground. He says it really helps out when robbing graves.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems there could be a class action lawsuit for false advertising, because nothing can see what's in the ground of course. Except Superman of course. A cave man knows that crap.

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett Master Hunter 7, Garrett Pro-pointer/ Stavr Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You tell them "go ahead and buy that detector, and good luck". Then after they learn the truth you can talk to them again.

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, not even Superman can see in the ground now. Seems the Feds caught wind he was an illegal alien and deported him. :)

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, not even Superman can see in the ground now. Seems the Feds caught wind he was an illegal alien and deported him. :)

Well, he wasn't even from this planet. Maybe the detector works on Krypton.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I am a little offended by some of these witty and snide remarks given to this Gentlemen.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, my mxt said penny dime ane it turned out to be a 1934 merc dime so yes it can see in the ground and tell you what's there, and a detector has to be able to see thru the ground, too see what's in the ground no matter if it's gold or junk...

OP
OP
SpiritRelic

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Would be even cooler if that big ass heavy tv screen was gone,and the signal was changed to a sexy females voice that tells me what it is,then i might buy it.Or if you prefer a mans voice,you can have that too,whatever lifts your skirt right!,Monkey,dog,your baby,i mean it goes on and on. ;-)

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I've always wanted to SEE what's in the ground,alas,all I have is my trusty M-6 for my eyes undergrond,sometimes I think it needs glasses!! Think I should buy one of them there Machines? Does it come glasses? God Bless Chris

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was wondering where he went.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, my mxt said penny dime ane it turned out to be a 1934 merc dime so yes it can see in the ground and tell you what's there, and a detector has to be able to see thru the ground, too see what's in the ground no matter if it's gold or junk...

What do you see when your vdi is bouncing? A nickle? No, a pull tab? No! a Gold ring? No, a nail? No, it's a nickle again..........

Well, I hear what's in the ground!:toothy4:

Cheers,
Dave.

The TINMAN

Greenie
Sep 13, 2012
Bellefonte PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soveriegn GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They should say that it can give you an idea of what is in the ground and then you have to dig to find out cuz thats all they do no matter what your swingin.
The only thing thats 100% is digging till you find exactly what it is.
Just like turn On and Go does NOT mean turn On and Know.
Just my 2 cents worth

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I wonder why some people get into this hobby. Where has the fun and Curiosity gone? I guess greed and the love of finding something Valuable to sell plays a part in it.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What do you see when your vdi is bouncing? A nickle? No, a pull tab? No! a Gold ring? No, a nail? No, it's a nickle again..........

Well, I hear what's in the ground!:toothy4:

Cheers,
Dave.

That almost always means an unidentified metal object.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't even know that commercial was still on..... as far as "seeing" what's in the ground though, my detector can't tell me any difference between spanish or american silver, or any other silver for that matter, and it doesn't seem to know the difference between a balled up gold chain and a bullet. I think it would be less interesting if I knew precisely what the target was before I dug.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't even know that commercial was still on..... as far as "seeing" what's in the ground though, my detector can't tell me any difference between spanish or american silver, or any other silver for that matter, and it doesn't seem to know the difference between a balled up gold chain and a bullet. I think it would be less interesting if I knew precisely what the target was before I dug.
Yeah, its like opening up a present, you think its socks but it might be a shirt, or tickets to a game or anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread