Just saying Ello

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been gone from the sport for 6-7 or so years, got bummed out always trying the newest and greatest>>> that don`t work. Be getting a SE shortly and jumping back in with both wet feet. Had a business then "Beachfind beach and shallow water recovery" no longer, handed out biz cards to all the lifeguards at that time with a 10% bonus to them if they called me. Got a very high learning curve coming at me with the se from what i hear, but looking forward to it. Miss those days on the beach and hunting esp the beach with all the natural historic beauty out there,, grin,,, u know what i mean. Glad to see great forums like here alive and breathing for us to share our stories and info at. Imposing alot of civil war maps at the moment locating alot and i mean alot of great spots for the future, some of these maps i have found are totally different from recorded locations, so looks like it might get interesting real soon.

I want to take this moment to thank some people here for great post and links that have lead me to other great hidden sites for some dandy ancient maps. Now comes the hard part of locating where exactly they were, found one spot allready where a major battle took place more then 1/2 mile from the recorded spot and off the ahhh shall we say no hunting area so its legal game. Got a couple more i`m still imposing and trying to get exact loca`s for but they also look to be off Gov land.

Learning so much at this moment for the future, yep even got to learn GPS so between the gps and the se my winter is gonna be crowded.

Want to tip my hat to W&ET for a great forum just got to get my subscrip going .

ohh ps.. I hate spellcheck so if my spelling ain`t bout right, weeeellll thats jus me.

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Welcome back Sleeper....and good luck on your endevors. The learning curve of the SE, the locating of old battle areas and learning your GPS. Sounds like you have a long winter a head of you.....lol. Looking forward to your future post............HH........gregd573

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back Sleeper - I like your avatar, pretty cool.

Sounds like your calendar is full till spring time - looking forward to some pics.

Good luck ;D

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL
Welcome Sleeper-I like your avatar too.Love those movies-wish there had been more.Anyway,sounds like you've got your winter planned out.Good luck to you and looking forward to your posts.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Sleep,

welcome to the forum.

"jumping back in with both wet feet."
Only way ;)

Hope to be seeing some post of your finds.

have a good un...........

OP
OP
TheSleeper

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TY for the warm welcome Gentlemen

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Ello to you,Sleeper!

Welcome to the best site on the www.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much can be learned here!

Hope your winter research leads to GREAT finds...........and weeks of wet feetz :)

I'm with ya on the spellcheck, man... i spelz (and speekz) the way i wants ta :)
......way cool avatar!

OP
OP
TheSleeper

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TY TY gentleman, that avatar has stuck with me ever since i first saw it. Remember the movie when that happened, they had just entered the tavern and didn`t know what to expect and saw a menicing fiquire in a dimly lit corner smoking a pipe. Turned out that fiquire was the main person that helped them complete there quest and a King at that.

Sorta always saw it as never judge someone by first impressions, cause someday they might just be the one that saves ur bacon.
Its the person inside that counts not the first impression.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread