Alan Stoddard re Oklahoma

jdp30569

Nov 21, 2006
This Ones For alan Re oklahoma Many treasure hunters from the state of oklahoma did not like old alan well he has passed I just wanted to say there were none better than him at what he did he was digging bottles before many new he had been there and he was gone before they got there bottom line he beat you to it and many historical places as well over ten years he taught me what i know now and i might not be as good as him but i am good thank you alan and the thing he taught me was dont tell a soul or they will come in at night and dig while you sleep so to all you okie treasure hunters this is my salute to alan and i wish you nothing but the best in your search keep your coils on the ground fellas ! and when you hear the sound of a tesoro it will be me and alan .

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is Alan Stoddard? I never heard of him and I've lived in OK a long time! Or are you just trolling? Monty

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
He likes to call himself Perry's Cow Creek Poet, and many of his verses deal with cowboy legends. Don has been working on lyrics for a collection of songs that deal with Perry's early history. One set that I've seen tells the legend of Marshal Bill Tilghman and another is the ballad of Cattle Annie and Little Britches. These and others may be included in a CD album Don is working on with his brother Allan goes by the professional name of Alan Lee. A previous album is titled "Oklahoma Country: Outlaws of the Cherokee Strip." Cherokee Heart Publishing Co. released it last year, and it showcases songs by Allan and Don. The recordings were made at Backroad Recording Studios in Shawnee. Don Stoddard says, regarding the next effort, "If Allan and I can come up with tunes for them, I will be on my way to having a CD recording made of my historical songs.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry he has departed and I didn't dislike him. :'(Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions