Looking for some advice

coffee

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2012
Jackson, NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to be that new guy to the boards asking that infamous "which one is best" question but I need help and trust your experiences. My wife and I have been really excited about picking up a couple of metal detectors and I'm finally ready to pull the trigger and make the purchase. What I'm looking for is:

- ease of use (learning curve)
- salt water assessable

What we've been looking at in depth is:

Excalibur II
CZ-21

My real interest is to be able to search soil, sand and easily move into ocean water (non-diving).

So my question would be, do you guys & gals have any suggestions that you could throw my way?

Thanks

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! If you want a multi-frequency machine that works on land and in wet ocean sand and saltwater up to your ankles, get a Minelab Sovereign (box is not waterproof). My next choice would be the Excal, then the CZ.

OP
OP
C

coffee

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2012
Jackson, NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks Terry! Is there a reason why you would choose the Sovereign over the Excalibur II?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey thanks Terry! Is there a reason why you would choose the Sovereign over the Excalibur II?

Only get the Excal, if you are going to be IN the water most of the time. It is not really set up for land use like the Sovereign

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry gets a commission on every Sovereign sold, that's why :icon_thumright: :laughing7:

Careful Spart, you are going to confuse my fan base! They think I only like Tesoro machines!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, they already know you get a commission on those :tongue3: :laughing9:

You are one busy man :headbang:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't step on my buddy, Terry! Coffee, if you are mostly interested in salt water, any of the submersibles will do. Minelab, Garrett, to name two. Exspensive but worth it as you will soon learn. I have a Fisher Impulse 8 (out of print) and had a Garrett. The Impulse has easily paid for itself 2 or 3 times over with rings and things. TTC

mark.1

Oct 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm nice discussion is going on. But you know what i think? I think precious metal is one of the best way of investment as this investment will not let your investment down. The business of soil sand whatever is also good but the best is Gold. There is huge return in Gold business.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread