ACE 250 with freebies and free shipping

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Option 1 - OK I've read enough good things about this detector and I think I'd like to get one. My question is can anyone refer me to someone they had good dealings with that offers free shipping along with some freebies especially one that will include headphones with volume controls?

Option 2 - Or do I get the Mr Bill's mod done on my 10 yr old White's Classic II ?

Either way I don't really have the money but I have the devil's card (our credit card) Well maybe almost enough in clad for at least the Mr Bill's mod. Decisions decisions. I'm pretty much looking for your well respected opinions.
I have'nt been here long but feel at home with my fellow metal detecting addicts.
Thanks, Mike in NJ

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I just ordered one the other day and hopefully should be seeing it tomorrow. Shipping was not free and more expensive than I thought. I researched the hell out of this detector, but not the place to get it at.

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
I read your posts. You bought from Kellyco?
Mike in NJ

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Yup. What struck me strange is that they charged the S&H. During the checkout process, I was under the impression that S&H would be free on a MD purchase of $100 or more, and I remember reading a message on their check-out process saying that a minimum UPS charge of $$$ will appear during check out but won't be charged. I paid $222 according to my billing information. Not sure what the heck happened, maybe I wasn't paying attention. Went back to an order process and this is the pic. I will have to call them and ask why they charged me $222. I will post what happens here. Maybe that was a default bill? Now if my card really gets charged for $222 then it's going to be an issue. A 250 is well over $100.

Attachments

• kelly.gif
    kelly.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 257

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Mike bill here i too was going to get the ace a bud in my club told me about a guy his number is 888-369-8999 he is competetive has the free SH and negotiable extras nice guy to talk to and deal with its A&S metal detectors wwwdetection.com (???) or try detection net the tel num is good and works for me in NJ he'll work with ya

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
bill gent said:
Mike bill here i too was going to get the ace a bud in my club told me about a guy his number is 888-369-8999 he is competetive has the free SH and negotiable extras nice guy to talk to and deal with its A&S metal detectors wwwdetection.com (???) or try detection net the tel num is good and works for me in NJ he'll work with ya
Hiya Bill. I saw this guys page too. I took the number. It's the only one I saw so far that has the volume control headphones with the holiday package. From what I read it would appear I'm gonna need the headphones. I have a old set of headphones with no volume control now. Where abouts in NJ are you?
Thanks, Mike in NJ

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
Mike95inNJ said:
It's the only one I saw so far that has the volume control headphones with the holiday package. From what I read it would appear I'm gonna need the headphones. I have a old set of headphones with no volume control now. Where abouts in NJ are you?
Thanks, Mike in NJ

You can get an inline volume control for $8 from Radio Shack. Just an FYI so that you don't make your decision based on the headphones. Personally I use my $10 Sony ear buds and the inline volume control. Much cooler and I can still hear the kids. If I needed to detect in a noisy place, then I would switch to my full cover headphones with volume control.

You can see my post here: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=42868 on the volume control.

I bought mine from http://www.detection.com/, got the 5 free gifts, for only 212.45. But then I spent another $80 on a Pinpointer a week later. So on second thought I would do it again with kellycodetectors.com and get the Automax pinpointer for an extra $14.95.

HTH
Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread