Ivory jewelry

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The idea is to sell jewelry, not to prove we're above their mettle.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Capt-zero, the joker is wild! Frank

Attachments

• 111-2 700.jpg
    111-2 700.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 85

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck. Divorces are ugly. With a good lawyer the ex should pay half at least. It would be a shame to sell your inheritance to pay for it but one does what one has to do to survive.

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know!!! That's the issue, one place asked that I send them in for them to evaluate, but I am not real comfortable with that since I have heard horror stories and claims of items not being received etc. the brooch is OLD. I have a picture of my great grandmother when she was maybe 40 years old wearing it. I live in PA and I haven't been able to find a place that can value it here

Yea good idea not to send them in! I wouldn't want them to far out of my sight. Not that we shouldn't distrust people right off I guess, just that you don't really know them :)..
Anyway good luck, I am sure you will be cautious enough to get it sorted :)..
Hey they would make excellent Christmas gifts and may command a higher price,, but don't sell to cheap if you can help it, as your items will never be freely available ever again ..
Haha sell them and buy a metal detector :)
P

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KitKat420,
You said you live in PA, are you in or near a large city? If so there should be several reputable fine art auction houses near you. This would probably be the best return for you and the safest, as you will be dealing face to face. The drawback is that you have to wait for the auction, and then wait again for the purchasers to pay for the items, and then finally you get paid. Another drawback is that the auction fee is generally around 20% for you and the buyer pays about the same. They will also probably want to do the sale as a lot, which will lower the per piece price. I might mention that you risk if the auction goes over 5k then you have to pay income tax to uncle sugar on the proceeds. All in all though, the final net outcome usually exceeds anything you will get on feebay or CL. You can also set a reserve price. I do this on my high ticket finds and have usually been pleased with the outcome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread