Bhodge

Bhodge

Mar 1, 2005
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a question for the technical people. I have an AT Pro. I see that at least one of the guys uses the same machine as me. However the tones are different. Explanation??

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I noticed that too, I think one has an AT Gold and the other an AT Pro but the audio is off a bit, almost lower sounding. It could just be how they film it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not familiar with the AT Pro, but there is a good chance
the editors didn't use an AT Pro for the tone sounds on the show,
and this may be why

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its funny how much I hated American Diggers because of the obvious...and I do like this show, because its more relalistic.. But the lingo thing is a little weird, kinda embarassing when people that know I detect, talk to me like that is the norm.

And I will admit, last weekend when I went out hunting with my buddy...we talked like them the WHOLE time, just being goofey of course....and there might have been a cartwheel or 2 :laughing7:

you should have hid His digger ? :tongue3:

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oooh, never thought of that. Good point!

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah well, just a thought! Maybe a small part of the show where they help someone find an item lost long ago?
.... They found that wedding band last night for that couple.....

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats cool, dvr's them so I didnt get to that one yet. That puts "us" in a good light!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea last night was good...you could see the genuine thankfullness when the guy got his ring back....I figure the tones are just for t.v....and yes it did look like he humped the tree....I also like how they bring back what they dug up regardless of value and that they appreciate that they found it..and its historical connection.As far as their lingo I could careless ow they talk they are doing what they love the show isn't fake so more power to them....if i got to hunt spots like that and make those finds i would hump a tree or two also....right now when i find stuff out in the wods alone i just talk to myself or giggle outloud...weirdo:laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well They are getting better. I watched until RM humped the tree, then turned it off. In the beginning, it was very realistic especially the finds. I liked the way KG controlled himself and hid the ring till they displayed the finds. That was a big plus! The digging is staged. Actually they go over the area ahead of time and mark the hits with red flag utility markers. They use a little of that footage to fill in and you can see the red flags in there belts. The slang is annoying, but then I just skip there captioning.

There is another show about America on H2 channel. I watched it before this one. A geologist brought in an archie to look for giant skeletons of Norsemen. The archie used a basic Garrett detector. I guess times they are a changing! Frank 111-1 profile.jpg

Last edited:

Jaydell

Jul 8, 2012
Hedgesville, WV
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought last nights show were better too. I - like everyone else - really don't like the sliding and jumping in trees - but to each there own and for me I can put up with it to watch the good parts of the show. LOL Diggin-N-Dumps - sort of funny how we all will imitate others actions to get some laughs - my oldest daughter and I watch some of the tv ghost shows and just crack up over the antics and we will act like them at times for a laugh!

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh the ghost shows...nevermind.

Red flags? Ugh. I can see that time is money and filming hours of diggin nails could be counterproductive but ummm, I dunno. Most of TV "reality" shows arent very "real" and we have to take it as just entertainment I suppose.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The slang is annoying, but then I just skip there captioning.
Frank

if someone ever approaches me on the street & starts asking questions about juice,
i'll send them to the nearest mini Market &
pretty much just act like they are talking in a foreign language,
till they change their words back to normal :laughing7:

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So am I the only one that thinks that the show like any other reality show is staged? Examples: when they dig up iron it seems that there's minimal rust build up on the item. I know when I dig up iron it's almost twice the size. So I can go to any random property in VA start digging and sifting and am bound to find Megaladon shark teeth? Really?
Or that air filter in Detroit when it was pulled up it had two big holes in it so it should of contained some dirt chunks right? They open it and unwrap the cloth and not a piece of dirt falls out. Or in Chicago when they bust out the cinder block wall, the wall was fairly new no older than 10 years old, so when the new wall was being built nobody seen the object behind it? Really???

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just watched a few minutes of another one (the Butterfield episode) and it was alright. The skinny guy sounds a lot like that other skinny guy on American Pickers. Maybe they're from the same area?
What made me shut it off was the sounds. People that dont detect will watch it and not notice but the sounds arent adding up. They're showing the machine and the sound is a actually a propointer closing in on metal, The machine sounds like iron but it's a coin, etc.
This episode though they didnt act like lunatics as much as that first one.
It could be staged- only because it would end up costing way too much money to shoot worthless footage. Unless they are finding stuff, shaking it off and putting it back in the hole for the camera to start rolling. I did have to laugh when they thought they had found the buried strongbox. I thought that too once but it was "Fluffy" in a metal box in her final resting place.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So am I the only one that thinks that the show like any other reality show is staged? Examples: when they dig up iron it seems that there's minimal rust build up on the item. I know when I dig up iron it's almost twice the size. So I can go to any random property in VA start digging and sifting and am bound to find Megaladon shark teeth? Really?
Or that air filter in Detroit when it was pulled up it had two big holes in it so it should of contained some dirt chunks right? They open it and unwrap the cloth and not a piece of dirt falls out. Or in Chicago when they bust out the cinder block wall, the wall was fairly new no older than 10 years old, so when the new wall was being built nobody seen the object behind it? Really???

you are talking about "American Diggers" on another channel. which including the Rastler, is 100% Phoney

we are talking "Diggers" on nat geo

These guys are for real Seener53 ! Just a bit annoying at times :laughing7:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/diggers/

Last edited:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a question for the technical people. I have an AT Pro. I see that at least one of the guys uses the same machine as me. However the tones are different. Explanation??

The sounds you hear are the tones made by an At Gold. It does sound a little different than the At Pro. I think they edit out the threshold tone on the gold.

Wayne

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh my gosh it's a "found" definition foundation lol so annoying but I continue to watch haha

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As people I am sure they are wonderful. And for the record I am not running them down. I'm simply saying their "verb-age-" is annoying "silv" "nik in the poc" "juice" "nectar" "colonge" really????? I consider what we do as detectors to be more professional. I have to think some of it is just done for the show OR they do it since they hunt together and it's their "language" between each other. Either way, it's annoying to me. It's my opinion. I've never heard anyone else ever in person or on this site talk that way.
You forgot my new favorite "Nectariffic" & I also liked it when they found the foundation..."Hey you found a found"

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
you are talking about "American Diggers" on another channel. which including the Rastler, is 100% Phoney

we are talking "Diggers" on nat geo

These guys are for real Seener53 ! Just a bit annoying at times :laughing7:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/diggers/

Oh sorry about that thought the thread was about American Digger, have not seen the other show yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread