Feb 10, 2013
thetford,norfolk,uk
Detector(s) used
redheat mk2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hi there,
this is my first time on this site and i would like to say hi to everybody,

ive been detecting in the UK for around 35yrs and im thinking about buying a new detector, ive use tesoro in the past and found them brilliant on contaminated sites,i now use a machine called a redheat which was made for me as the owner was a good friend of mine,sadly he passed away a few years ago and getting my detector fixed now is getting difficult!!! ive been using my redheat for around 10yrs plus but its getting near to its retirement hence ive been reading about the tesoro range again, the supertraq sounds fab as does the tejon as well as a few of the others, ive never detected in the USA so i dont really know what your soil conditions are like,my sites here are very contaminated but my machine copes brilliantly,hammered coins,cut halves and farthings on a regular basis!! and thats working with the iron contamination, will any of these new tesoro work well in these conditions?

i look forward to any help you guys can offer

thanks michael in the uk

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Michael and welcome to TreasureNet!

The Tesoro Tejon does very well here my area in iron infested sites. With it's dual discrimination it is possible to effectively reject iron even if it is right on top of a non-ferrous target. I think you would be happy with the performance of the Tejon.

http://www.njminerals.org/metaldetecting-tejon.html

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have to agree that the Tejon would be a better choice in high iron enviroments than the Lobo Super Traq, with much better seperation. The Lobo is a dedicated gold nugget machine, and loses substantial depth in Discriminate mode.

OP
OP
M
Feb 10, 2013
thetford,norfolk,uk
Detector(s) used
redheat mk2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thankyou guys for getting back to me,ive checked out the link that was sent to me and the tejon does sound an interesting machine,what is the dual discrimination all about?? regards michael

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's a way too knock out iron before the nickle and any thing after the nickle up to copper...
it's away to discriminate with out losing your nickles or gold
My garret master hunter cx plus has duel discrimination on it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread