Looking for someone help me search a rice plantation

corben1120

May 27, 2012
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/ ACE 350/ Super Sniper/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Charleston SC and have gotten permission to hunt a Rice Plantation that no one else has found just yet. It is full of history and is the opportunity of a lifetime. I am looking for someone who shares the same passion in preserving our history and have the thrill of a lifetime finding everything from bullets to silverware to pottery and tools used on the plantation. Let me know i am ready to go im tired of talking to myself out there:laughing7:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm in Aiken. I would really enjoy hunting there. My treasure hunting buddy might want to join us too. Let me know. Thanks/

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See if you can do some research on the plantation or ask workers @ the plantation, you may find out there was a colonial or 19th century house on the farm that burned down or was torn down, etc... Go look at old maps at your library of the area and maybe look through old micro-films too see if you can come up with a better idea of what your dealing with and where to start on the plantation.

OP
OP
C

corben1120

May 27, 2012
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/ ACE 350/ Super Sniper/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done my research and know where the plantation home is and have been searching it. I know the main house was destroyed in the 1886 earthquake if that helps

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe try and locate where the old cellar of the house could have been and dig test holes too see if you get any signals that could indicate a trash pit that they use to use, i'm sure they buried most of their trash on the land somewhere. Good luck sounds like you got a good spot there! :occasion14:

Overvoltage

Apr 23, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett GTAx500, Infinium L/S, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt with S.C.Shooter here in Aiken and like he said I would love to join you and hopefully find some history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread