kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,I just read the "tip of the day" on that other magazines site. ;) I found a reference to a metal urn that was dug at an archaeological site at the junction of the Chenango and Susquehanna rivers.It says that the urn was of Punic origins (ancient Carthage).Now the junction of these two rivers is about 20 min. from me and i'm thinking i thought it was cool to dig a 1/2 real,from now on I'm gunna be looking for some of them there Tetradrchms ! HH y'all ! ;D

T

TheDetectorist

The rune stones found here in Oklahoma prove that America was visited WAY WAY before Columbus. Too many "scientists" elect to ignore these facts, and refuse to give the idea any study.

TD

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheDetectorist said:
The rune stones found here in Oklahoma prove that America was visited WAY WAY before Columbus. Too many "scientists" elect to ignore these facts, and refuse to give the idea any study.

TD
Yup. ;) ;D .Keep us updated Kieser. :)

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey kieser sousa- I don't know if you know this but people have actually found ancient Roman and Greek coins in America. To top that, Roman amphorae (wine jars) were found in the water off the coast of some South American country... I'm not sure which. so what you said about tetradrachms may very well be possible.

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pather said:
Hey kieser sousa- I don't know if you know this but people have actually found ancient Roman and Greek coins in America. To top that, Roman amphorae (wine jars) were found in the water off the coast of some South American country... I'm not sure which. so what you said about tetradrachms may very well be possible.
Wouldn't that be the cats.... Well anyhoo The article also mentioned amphora being found off the coast of new england.After reading the article i also remembered a coin a friend of mine found awhile back while digging a ditch.He said that it was down about 8-10 ft.(could have been close to the surface then fell into the hole were he found it) I saw the coin but didn't get a good look at it(it sucks getting old ;) ),so I'm going to take another look.I seem to remember that it looked to be maybe roman.If nothing else knowing what i know now just makes the hunt all that more interesting ! ;D

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put a post on the Friendly Forum re the finding of a hoard of coins dating 500 years pre Columbus but no one seemed interested.
It was a North African Islamic hoard of hundreds of coins of copper/silver alloy found in 1787 under a large flat stone slab during road improvements. I posted the location and the suggestion that local school yards and farms in the area should be checked as the coins were thought to be of no worth so everyone passing the site over the next couple of days had a handful and no doubt they ended up in the hands of the children in the family then eventually lost.
The trouble with the many examples of Roman coins found is that so many immigrants had examples they had found in their home country, emigrated to the U.S. and lost them.

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
I found an ancient Roman coin myself in Bala Cynwyd, PA. It was a thick copper coin about the size of a quarter from the reign of Vespasian circa 70 A.D. But, it couldn't have been lost by an ancient traveler, right. It had to have been lost by a poor Italian immigrant after he settled in that well-to-do community on the Main Line near Philadelphia. That makes a lot more sense.

T

TreasureTales

I"ve been told that the Latter Day Saints' book, The Book of Mormon, states that the lost tribe of Israel wound up in America and we now call their descendants American Indians or Native Americans. Never read the book myself so I can't say if this is actually in the book, or where in the book this statement is made (if it is made in the book).

There was an Indian chief named Solano who was 6' tall and had blue eyes. His tribe was like most California tribes, composed of individuals who tended to be short, stocky, with eyes of brown. He lived in the first half of the 19th century. Was he a descendant of the Israelites or was he a one-in-a-million natural oddity?

T

TheDetectorist

TreasureTales said:
I"ve been told that the Latter Day Saints' book, The Book of Mormon, states that the lost tribe of Israel wound up in America and we now call their descendants American Indians or Native Americans. Never read the book myself so I can't say if this is actually in the book, or where in the book this statement is made (if it is made in the book).

There was an Indian chief named Solano who was 6' tall and had blue eyes. His tribe was like most California tribes, composed of individuals who tended to be short, stocky, with eyes of brown. He lived in the first half of the 19th century. Was he a descendant of the Israelites or was he a one-in-a-million natural oddity?

I have so many comments I want to make right now, but I would violate about every TOS and probably a few laws if I stated them.

TD

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
O.K. Time for me to add a few things.
There is a place where I have been over the years that is covered with Pottery Sherds. So many that you can use a Oyster rake to collect them. I would go an get a few plastic coolers full.
I would clean a few until I noticed strange marking that did not match what I was used to seeing in pottery from this area.
The designs were MAYAN or AZTEC. In fact I sent a sample to a friend of mine at the University of Arkansas. Several weeks later he confirmed that YES these were MAYAN.
My question is this:
Where did this pottery come from?
I live on the east Coast of Florida and have seen pottery the Spanish would use but this is way before the Spanish arrived.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg Leg said:
There is a place where I have been over the years that is covered with Pottery Sherds. So many that you can use a Oyster rake to collect them. I would go an get a few plastic coolers full.
I would clean a few until I noticed strange marking that did not match what I was used to seeing in pottery from this area.
The designs were MAYAN or AZTEC. In fact I sent a sample to a friend of mine at the University of Arkansas. Several weeks later he confirmed that YES these were MAYAN.
My question is this:
I live on the east Coast of Florida and have seen pottery the Spanish would use but this is way before the Spanish arrived.
Peg Leg
Dont know how they may have come to be were they are now But it would be easy enough to have a cooler full sent to my house ! ;D

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg Leg said:
My question is this:
Peg Leg
Trade route seems to be the most likely answer...I'm sure that they were all connected somehow. If some people think that King Solomon's mines were in Peru, I don't doubt that they were capable of crossing the Gulf of Mexico. Google this: Piri Reis Map. Let me know what you find. ;D

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to have upset skierbob but you have to face facts. I'll dig out the Chinese 'key money' I found on East coast. Over 2000 years old so America must belong to the Chinese. Or an immigrant railway track layer dropped it when the railways were heading west.
I'm a little suprised no one wants to follow up on the North African coins. It would be an interesting project.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
read a report of a site found in the 1700s and checked out in depth in the 1800s that had rock watchtowers, items with the welsh coat of arms inscribed on them, and a headstone with the date 1186 i think it was....in indiana......indians in the area have a story about a fight with the men in steel uniforms many many years before the late 1700s.........6 of these mens skeletons were found with their ''steel uniforms'' also inscribed with the welsh coat of arms......g

weldermark

Jan 17, 2005
LOU-EVIL KY
Detector(s) used
white's DFX
gldhntr said:
read a report of a site found in the 1700s and checked out in depth in the 1800s that had rock watchtowers, items with the welsh coat of arms inscribed on them, and a headstone with the date 1186 i think it was....in Indiana......indians in the area have a story about a fight with the men in steel uniforms many many years before the late 1700s.........6 of these mens skeletons were found with their ''steel uniforms'' also inscribed with the welsh coat of arms......g

gldhntr that is a true story,if you google white indians on the ohio river,or some variation of that you will find info on it.
i was told that they lived on the island"the welsh" between louisville ky and clarksville indiana,the indians lived in clarksville.
the welsh lived on the island for protection from the indians......didn't work!!!
i haven't had the chance to research it much as iv'e been busy with other research,i was told by a friend that if you go on the island you must be careful when they drain the locks there because it sometimes floods the island,but lots of things have been found there.

HH Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread