Cabin Feaver

Gramps22

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just been reading some of the posts about hunting results. It sure makes my cabin fever worse. I live in northern Michigan with a couple of feet on the ground. Maybe some of you are good enought to go on a hunt with these conditions, but I guess I'm just getting too old.
What are some of you that live in the north country doing to pass the time?
Here's to happier post in the near future.
Gramps 22:

CleenSweep

Feb 27, 2013
Middlesex County, MA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gramps,
Funny, but I just posted a similar "Wish the snow was gone...I got cabin fever" sentiment. In MA, we're due for another whopper of a storm on Monday too....not helping. ;)
To keep occupied, Im either working in the wood shop, reading an old favorite with a honkin cup of joe, reorganizing closets and cleaning out rooms in the house, watching hockey, training our two German Shepherd pups (Thoreau and Leopold...L+R in pic) or brewing beer....and then drinking it. Of course.... :)
We've got a 2 1/2 year old that keeps us busy too...Ha!

image-3222387892.jpg

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up here in southern NH. We have about 2 feet on the ground....boo hiss (same storm that hit Cleansweep on Monday). Husband and I did manage to get out to the beach 2 weekends ago and hit a 10kt opal and ?diamond? ring (in the surf)! Can't wait for warmer weather and more hunting. Welcome Gramps...hope you get out there real soon.

HH,
Anita

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the same boat. Ground is soft enough in some places, but the snow and cold and wind....I'll wait a little longer. I'm a trapper and still have a few pelts to put up, hopefully when they are done, the warmth will be here.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Watching lake effect with west wind. Shoveling. A bit of research. Ready to dig. C,mon thaw!.

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just been reading some of the posts about hunting results. It sure makes my cabin fever worse. I live in northern Michigan with a couple of feet on the ground. Maybe some of you are good enought to go on a hunt with these conditions, but I guess I'm just getting too old.
What are some of you that live in the north country doing to pass the time?
Here's to happier post in the near future.
Gramps 22:

It just dropped 3in of snow this afternoon here in SW Missouri so dont feel too bad about the weather. we've had a mild winter but march here in the ozarks can play havoc as it always does just before spring. I generally re read my older treasure mags and daydream till weather is good again. I have some 1970's mags and review the way things were and how they are now, 15 pieces of silver then in one day and 1 piece of silver all month now. Yep progress. rwd mo

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compulsive t net reading. Watching you tube detecting videos. Checking out my land detecting and water hunting gear. Researching my next great detector purchase. Making lists of the places I want to hunt as soon as it thaws. Starting my 2013 log of finds. Looking all the rings on Ring Daddy pages. Recalling hunting in the water on beautiful 80 degree mornings and seeing gold in my scoop. Looking at old maps and overlaying them with today's maps to locate forgotten parks and playgrounds. Reading old newspapers online.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can't wait to go on a 100 mile peddle bike ride this summer
with a detector of cores...

bbells

Jan 5, 2013
Delano, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Minnesota and love winter. I also love detecting. The frost hit 36 inches deep this year. And, it is still 36 inches deep. During the winter I switch to rc airplanes and fly them on my lake. Thinking about getting my Ham Radio license, but that would mean I would need to talk to people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread