Lions Club Parks

TempUserName

Mar 31, 2013
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Beep Beep Dig Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone know if you need to get permission to MD a Lions Club Park. I've visited a couple of the parks (not to MD, for other park fun) and the rules don't mention MDing. Nor do the websites for those specific parks have park rules.

So do you need to obtain permission to MD a Lions Club Park?

Thanks all.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your Pennsylvania. Also, you might look at Metal Detecting in State Parks if you ever think about a State Park. Now, I think you are talking about the Lions Community Park (see link for history) that is actually owned by the Waynesburg Lions Club. IF we are talking about the same park - you could probably jump over to Waynesburg Lions President for contact information. Hope this helps...

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please do not get these guys going about that again, it gets very ugly every time. Just follow the posted rules..................good luck with the can of worms you just unleashed:laughing7::BangHead:

OP
OP
T

TempUserName

Mar 31, 2013
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Beep Beep Dig Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please do not get these guys going about that again, it gets very ugly every time. Just follow the posted rules..................good luck with the can of worms you just unleashed:laughing7::BangHead:

I did not know I was letting the dogs out. :BangHead: I was planning my next few outings when it occurred to me that Lions Club Parks were private property....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

....I was planning my next few outings when it occurred to me that Lions Club Parks were private property....

Sure, private property. But open to the public, in-lieu of following their rules-of-use, right? Kinda like a shopping center perhaps, where .... that too is private property, yet people come and go daily from shopping centers all the time. And there will be a sign to the effect of "right to pass revokable by owner".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread