Detecting as a Business

wishbone1958

Jan 13, 2007
southern illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Trac- Tesoro Compadre
treasurejack said:
Wishbone,

I'm not doubting you, but I am curious because it sounds so interesting, so when you say "make a living" just what remains after the actual cost for the average Gold prospector you're describing? Can he cover the cost of healthcare, travel expenses, food, general living, etc., and still come out on the plus side with anything left over?
I did not not say that we may not have to hold down a job in order to have medical insurance and all the other benefits that don't come with prospecting. i just believe that with the amount of gold on this planet, one can really make for a more prosperous life.. I also would like to mention that i have been on your other site.. as i love to read and i try to instill in my children readers are leaders. job well done..

T

treasurejack

Wishbone,
Good luck with the gold prospecting, hope you fill an entire bucket! Glad you enjoyed the website, thanks for the nice comments, trying to update the site and improve it a bit more everyday. Investigating a few ideas as we speak. Stay in touch. Later...........

wishbone1958

Jan 13, 2007
southern illinois
Detector(s) used
treasurejack said:
Wishbone,
Good luck with the gold prospecting, hope you fill an entire bucket! Glad you enjoyed the website, thanks for the nice comments, trying to update the site and improve it a bit more everyday. Investigating a few ideas as we speak. Stay in touch. Later...........
Good luck to you as well on all your ventures... maybe one day we will cross paths i am sure i will recognize you as you do have your pic posted.. take care God bless.....

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Gold is where you find it . I'ts just that finding it is the problem . Any nice day outdoors with my MD is a golden find . ;D ;D

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of the good old boys I met gold detecting in the U.S. made a good living from metorite finds which can be worth more than gold by weight.
Seems the U.S. is harder for goldhunting than Canada where the gold tends to be nearer the surface.
Best money earner of all is Opal mining in central Australia. They machine cut a tunnel which you work and one to live in.

wishbone1958

Jan 13, 2007
southern illinois
Detector(s) used
U.K. Brian said:
A couple of the good old boys I met gold detecting in the U.S. made a good living from metorite finds which can be worth more than gold by weight.
Seems the U.S. is harder for goldhunting than Canada where the gold tends to be nearer the surface.
Best money earner of all is Opal mining in central Australia. They machine cut a tunnel which you work and one to live in.
The gold is here in the US... Mother nature hides her secrets very well....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread