New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering how people exaggerate wild black bear being Dangerous,
I wouldn't be surprised if a Panther around here would run away or climb a tree
if it saw a human being.

I'm not saying it would do so around a diaper age Child, if it is actually munching on
cats & dogs :tongue3: but since odds are it was raised by someone, I'd guess it
would fear adults.

after all Man is the Natural enemy of everything living including each other :laughing7:

Personally I would have wanted to cook up a steak or grind some into a burger & see how it tastes :thumbsup: & since officially it didn't exist, it would have only existed in my freezer. Just like Bigfoot, or ET if I ever luck out :tongue3:
Now Jeff wants to grind up ET.
Bigfoot Footlongs perhaps.
Not feeding "Go Homes" long skinny fingers down the grinder! Electric or crank. LOL
I hereby member suspend Jeff for 84 posts (about 2 and a half days for him)
Ray

superten67

Jun 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bloom says it is legal to own big cats in Indiana, but it requires a permit.

What on earth!! Legal to own big cats? These things are not dogs or kitties.

It's a good thing this one was only a youngster instead of an older cat. These things are really good at what they do - killing for a living. They do hunt and eat people.

I work alone in the woods, and would NOT appreciate running into one of these. The first you, as a victim, would typically notice a leopard is when his teeth are buried in your neck. The experience would be brief, however.

We have bear, bobcats, pyscho people, and cougar. That's a great plenty.

between you lot and the chinese eating them or or the bongo boys in africa making ornaments out of them or wanting to make some hard on cure out of their horns, the planet will be hunted out in the next 50 years and then what will america have to shoot?each other?......oops i forgot you allready do.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
between you lot and the chinese eating them or or the bongo boys in africa making ornaments out of them or wanting to make some hard on cure out of their horns, the planet will be hunted out in the next 50 years and then what will america have to shoot?each other?......oops i forgot you allready do.

...thats BS.................yea,maybe other countries....not the US.FYI Americas biggest poachers are from Asian Countries too....

OP
OP
Number9

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Just don't shoot my black panthers!!!

...it would make the wampus cats mighty lonely!:hello:

superten67

Jun 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...thats BS.................yea,maybe other countries....not the US.FYI Americas biggest poachers are from Asian Countries too....

no,i think you miss the point.....multiple shootings in your country private civillians owning semi automatic weapons the really only law enforcement agencys should have access to,and your whole attitude towards killing animals and each other.
could that gorgeous cat not have been tranquilized ?no just shoot it dead no questions.
how would you feel if your teenage son was out in the street waving an airweapon about drunk but really only showing off and the police turned up and summarily shot him just for safetys sake?
thats what happened to this animal and its wrong.
i wonder if he had a cold dead hand sticker on his bumper.

OP
OP
Number9

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
no,i think you miss the point.....multiple shootings in your country private civillians owning semi automatic weapons the really only law enforcement agencys should have access to,and your whole attitude towards killing animals and each other.
could that gorgeous cat not have been tranquilized ?no just shoot it dead no questions.
how would you feel if your teenage son was out in the street waving an airweapon about drunk but really only showing off and the police turned up and summarily shot him just for safetys sake?

I have to ask... where do you live that's so perfect?
...I may want to move there!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no,i think you miss the point.....multiple shootings in your country private civillians owning semi automatic weapons the really only law enforcement agencys should have access to,

and your whole attitude towards killing animals and each other.

? ? Sorry ? If private civilians do not legally own semi automatic weapons ?
why should law enforcement agencies have them ?

don't say to protect us from Criminals, That is our whole point of self protection
tongue3.gif

it's faster then the police, even after you call 911 :laughing7:

If you call the Police here, and say there is a Man with a gun,
or someone was shot, All law enforcement will stage out of site, until they have enough backup, And won't even allow medics in till they are sure they are safe.

Unless it is one of their own in danger of course.

yes the cat could have been tranquilized , If the authorities had believed it was there and stuck around,
but since they laughed it off & the landowner was paranoid, He did what he could.

I'm not sure on the legality of citizens owning tranquilizers.

they may be considered Controlled substances.

Last edited:

superten67

Jun 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[email protected] a dead exotic kat to tranquilizers...

talk about short attention spans..
im in the uk but then i know my country isnt perfect and i used to shoot myself until that crazy scottish ******* thomas hamilton shot all those kids in dunblane because they stopped him being a scout group leader where he could indulge in his perverted hobby.
i was in the process of going for a pistol licence when they banned them,and i do understand wanting to be able to protect yourself and your family especially in your own home but people dont break in to your home to do a burglary 10 strong do they?
it just seems all a bit mad.

OP
OP
Number9

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
im in the uk but then i know my country isnt perfect and i used to shoot myself until that crazy scottish ******* thomas hamilton shot all those kids in dunblane because they stopped him being a scout group leader where he could indulge in his perverted hobby.
i was in the process of going for a pistol licence when they banned them,and i do understand wanting to be able to protect yourself and your family especially in your own home but people dont break in to your home to do a burglary 10 strong do they?

But, we really don't know.. do we?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Does the UK have the robust wildlife populations we here in The US possess?I think not...we must be doing something right?Should that cat have been killed?Likely no...as said that guy broke a cardinal rule to guns...should we judge all "Yanks",on one idiots actions? :dontknow:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guns are not the problem, people are............and regardless, it is the basis of our country (America) that men can have weapons.......semi auto included.
And problem animals........hey, if they are a threat, you don't have time, and so it is a 45 or other weapon of choice can resolve it. Why re-locate problem bears or other animals.......why, so they can be a problem elsewhere? No, if a problem, resolve the problem in a definitive way.
And if the animals are killing my livestock.......should I ask them to stop? talk nicely?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guns are not the problem, people are............and regardless, it is the basis of our country (America) that men can have weapons.......semi auto included.
And problem animals........hey, if they are a threat, you don't have time, and so it is a 45 or other weapon of choice can resolve it. Why re-locate problem bears or other animals.......why, so they can be a problem elsewhere? No, if a problem, resolve the problem in a definitive way.
And if the animals are killing my livestock.......should I ask them to stop? talk nicely?
...unfortunatly its coming to you having to talk to them nicely......we are losing our footing my friends,I dont know what to say....pretty sad.Relocation of any animal is cruel,inhumane and completly unsucessful(A bear was just killed here last week...causing damage,and had been relocated 80 miles away just 6 months ago....happens every time....)

superten67

Jun 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...unfortunatly its coming to you having to talk to them nicely......we are losing our footing my friends,I dont know what to say....pretty sad.Relocation of any animal is cruel,inhumane and completly unsucessful(A bear was just killed here last week...causing damage,and had been relocated 80 miles away just 6 months ago....happens every time....)

oh yeah i agree with what your saying to a big degree dont get me wrong im not a wooly liberal i agree with going after the (:censored:) who murdering both our peoples and others around the world,i agree with being able to defend yourself,but the problem with the cat for instance we dont have here is unless your a zoo or a safari park wou dont generally get to keep wild animals cats or otherwise that can cut you open like a can of worms with one blow like a big cat or a bear would.....without very expensive licences etc that would otherwise stop people who have lizard and dump them in the canal or cats in the woods when they cant control them anymore.
and quite simply the guns situation hi cap magazine fantastic like you say if you want a couple to make sure you get to give the good news to the bad guys,but somewhere along the line do you not agree number need to come down of guns owned by individuals and ammounts of ammunition?
we have had cases as you will know dunblane,hungerford,cockermouth in the north of the country where a depressed taxicab driver killed about 12 people or more with legally held weapons.
i personally dont think american citizens will loose the right to bear arms there are too many people in your country who could bring the government down with the strength of votes but theres got to be some kind of change when a head schoolteachers son gan get access to a semi auto cold carbine or whatever it was and go off and kill people its getting a bit crazy.
making bombs is easy isnt it but a gun is a ready made too that just needs loading and off you go.
thomas hamilton had in his possession something like a hundred magazines for a browning hi power pistol that shouldnt be allowed to happen.
here now magazines have to be on certificate so theres less scope for tragedy now.

Last edited by a moderator:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the history of gun control.........it nevers has ended well, for any country.......look at the statistics of England and Australia after their foolishness with weapon restrictions.
As was said long ago, an armed society, is a polite society. It is a sad reflection of our society that truth has been replaced by lies, our government now is nothing but a criminal cabal that operates under the color of law and serves their father, satan. Strong words, perhaps, but then again the truth shall set us free.
Those fail to remember history, are condemned to repeat it...........and note the word condemned is chosen well.
For those of who are facing illegitimate, even if under pretense of legal, weapon restriction, the choice is move or refuse.
Somebody mentioned above we can change via voting.........how I wish it were possible, but the election process is this formerly free America is hopelessly corrupted......change will not, can not come from voting.
The essence of our problem in America and the world is spiritual, it has rejected the truth of Jesus and embraced the wisdom of the prince of the world, there is no political solution to a spiritual crisis...........
And no, I do NOT advocate violence........as scripture says, repay evil with good.

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took 3 pages to go from a dead cat to all-out gun control arguments...a little longer than normal. :icon_scratch:

Should only take another page or so before it escalates up to political parties. Easier to predict than the weather. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took 3 pages to go from a dead cat to all-out gun control arguments...a little longer than normal. :icon_scratch:

Should only take another page or so before it escalates up to political parties. Easier to predict than the weather. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

I don't think so clay :tongue3: if they start discussing political parties or politicians,
and you catch it before I do, hit report, & I'll delete their post.
even if it's 10,000 words on topic & one sentence is political :laughing7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
as a child in rural "chiefland" florida were used to have a black panther that used to raid our chicken coop * at night now and then it would scream -- sounded like a woman getting her throat cut and screaming for her life * horrifying sound it was --granny once sent me out to kill it with my grandpas old 12 gauge pump at about midnight when I was staying with her as a young teenager (about 15 /16)-- I saw it but it ran off before I could get a shot off. --they do exist or at least they did exist say about 35 years ago in the rural cheifland ,florida area.

my bear story --once while deer hunting in ocola forest during muzzle loader season , I thought I heard a big pig crashing thru the woods --it was going to cross the trail I was walking on up wind of me about 35 yards or so * --I thought great it should be a "chip shot" so I cocked my gun and waited for it to "break out" onto the trail --surprise the "pig" turned out to be a rather large old grey muzzled black bear -- he stopped with most of his body exposed and look first one way the the other (towards me) suddenly he saw me and --"woofed" some what like a dog does and swatted the ground with his foot -- I said under my breath-- Mr BEAR , you can go your way and me mine ,but if you charge me I only got one shot but I going to make it count and then I'll do my best to beat you to death with this rifle -- --thankfully , he just broke off contact , went across the trail and ran off thru the woods.--found out later from other hunters back at hunt camp that "old smokey" liked to trail hunters and get the gut piles they left behind from killing deer.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my first black bear...out camped in my truck...get up to go do the morning business...squat there, nice light rain up in the high country...
so i am squatting there, look up across the small basin i was parked in...only 100 yards across the basin...here is a bear squatting in the woods...

we both made eye contact about the same moment...i swear i heard him say...oh s***...as did i...

so i did find the answer to do bears poop in the woods...yes...

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I wont get into bear stories as I have had hundreds,many funny,a couple I just knew was going to be bear chit soon......there isnt any animal more fun to watch than cub bears play

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread