Post your creative side here

T

TreasureTales

its_toby said:
as a Congregational Minister I have done a great deal of writing. I write weekly articles for the local paper called "Minister's Meditation," I have also written a few short apologetics books. I also do some figure paintings ( I will try and post a few). Here is a link to some of the articles that I have written

http://www.truerepentance.org/meditation.html

Not trying to be rude here (I don't have to try, I just come across that way. lol), but how can you reconcile your avatar with your ministry? Seems like two different ends of the spectrum. Buy what do I know? Anyhow, always nice to learn about the diverse group of folks that make up TNet members. HH

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just liked the movie and thought that it played a significant part in the overall theme, I didn't post it to convey a belief or an acceptance in what a skull or the "curse" of the aztec gold was derived from.

i.e. I just thought it was neeto, thats all, plain and simple.

Does that make sense???

T

TreasureTales

its_toby said:
I just liked the movie and thought that it played a significant part in the overall theme, I didn't post it to convey a belief or an acceptance in what a skull or the "curse" of the aztec gold was derived from.

i.e. I just that it was neeto, thats all, plain and simple.

Does that make sense???

Sure, yes, that makes perfect sense. Whenever I see your avatar I think of the vast numbers of human sacrifices that the Aztecs "needed" for their religious practices. Some estimates go as high as 10,000 per ceremonial period. So that's why I was a little taken aback when I read your post. Well, I'd better get back on the theme of this thread or I'll be booed out of the forum. LOL Take care...oh, and God Bless.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
its_toby said:
as a Congregational Minister I have done a great deal of writing. I write weekly articles for the local paper called "Minister's Meditation," I have also written a few short apologetics books. I also do some figure paintings ( I will try and post a few). Here is a link to some of the articles that I have written

http://www.truerepentance.org/meditation.html

Hey toby,
I do a little writing myself. I'm working on my 4th screenplay. It's a science fiction comedy set in the distant future. The working title is "Detector".

The hero is a (detector first class) on a planet that's being terraformed. Him and his robot get into some trouble while recovering a huge vein of copper.

Anyhow you can see two of my other SP's at Triggerstreet.com. http://www.triggerstreet.com/gyroba... uncle&uploadType=screenplay&pageState=search

I hope that link works. ;)

Ridley

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
its_toby, as the author of books on Apologetics, I assume you are familiar with Ravi Zacharias (?)

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes I am,

he has been an evangelist/apologist for over 3 decades.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Its_toby, you are correct. Now take a look at my post, with the picture of a baseball field. Twenty-five years ago, Dr. Zacharias was teaching at a seminary about 300 feet behind home plate. He spoke at our Baccalaureate the night before I graduated from college. He is a brilliant man, and it was a privilege for me to have met him.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Great posts everybody , by the way Montana is that a studebaker golden hawk ? I could post a picture of my white lighting boiler but I better not . ;D ;D

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
WV Hillbilly said:
Great posts everybody , by the way Montana is that a studebaker golden hawk ? I could post a picture of my white lighting boiler but I better not . ;D ;D

Why yes it is!!! I guess I did a good job drawing it!!! ;D Was my father's.

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I built this custom .17 Mach2 rilfe. I spent a little over $2k on the build and I was able to put 5 shots in a target the size of a quarter @ 100 yards.

gun_gallery_nathan_willis_750.jpg

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stormtrooper154 said:
I built this custom .17 Mach2 rilfe. I spent a little over $2k on the build and I was able to put 5 shots in a target the size of a quarter @ 100 yards.

gun_gallery_nathan_willis_750.jpg

Storm,
You're just the guy I need to bring with me to get permission to MD some properties.
Who could say "no" if you walked up with that beast? ;D
Very cool.
-MM-

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i made this. 350 chevy /350 hp / 700r4 trans/ s-10 pick up rearend/ hand made body
call her Q.T. pie

Attachments

• Q.T. PIE.gif
    Q.T. PIE.gif
    116.5 KB · Views: 682

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Storm & 1911d - WOW!

Man what a great post... to see all the talent! Outstanding work by all!

I keep going back to MountainMan's dog... I though at 42 years old that wouldnt be funny anymore :-\

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! That is soooooooooooo cool. Tell your sister I'll be glad to move into that basement. ;D
You did a great job. I love that stone work.
Very talented.
-MM-

chuckered

Sep 18, 2004
bremerton washington
heres some of my picture, I'm a beggining photographer, went to the zoo and some of the other pictures i took. Hope you like them. The tuxedo cat is my best little friend after my black Lab died a couple of years, her name is Jersey May.

Attachments

• DSC_0001-3.jpg
    DSC_0001-3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 550
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 571
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 577
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 573
  • DSC_0117.JPG
    DSC_0117.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 582
  • DSC_0133.JPG
    DSC_0133.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 585
  • DSC_0042.JPG
    DSC_0042.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 594
  • DSC_0033.JPG
    DSC_0033.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 595
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 584
  • DSC_0166.JPG
    DSC_0166.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 543

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, there are some amazingly creative people here! I love the bar :)

I'm a train guy too, built this in 2004 for a 6x6 contest. Didn't win, but it was fun! I built it from scratch except for the hunter and the tree (had to assemble the tree, modified it a bit). I painted the hunter and the bear. I think it's 18" tall total, or something like that.

above1cb3.jpg

beartz2.jpg

mannj9.jpg

waterfallcu5.jpg

below2vl8.jpg

wholeoutsidekz6.jpg

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
djui5,
Love it. What did you use to make that waterfall?
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread