Garrett Support gets an A+++

jeffafd

Jul 27, 2013
Ashtabula (NE Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just purchased a Garrett ProPointer a couple of months ago, well I finished hunting in the rain in which the ProPointer was pretty muddy. In my infinite wisdom i decided to just open it up and clean then reassemble........ If you have ever opened one you know immediately you've made a mistake.

Long story short I was unable to reassemble since I lost the spring, broke the thin wires from chipboard, etc... , I called and was told it should be covered by warranty. I shipped it to them a little over a week ago (in a number of pieces), today it came back and it looks Brand New, works perfect and No Charge!!!!

Garrett gets an A+++ in my book!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had mine for 2 months.You make me happy knowing i can count on their customer service.

panner59

Dec 2, 2012
California...For now!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Royal Mini High banker,Keene A-52 Sluice, Gold N Sand X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too had the pleasure of the honesty and integrity that the Garrett Company always shows. I was diagnosed earlier this year with colon cancer. My wife had just bought us both new Ace 250's for Christmas and we were getting ready to go to the lake and try our hands at metal detecting. My doctor had told me to get outside and enjoy life. Sooo lets go detecting. Or so I thought... Just as I started to BACK out of my driveway I heard "crunch"! I had put both machines down while I loaded the trunk. I must have grabbed (what I thought was) the last thing and closed the trunk! The coils were both bent as was the stems. To my surprise neither one of the control boxes were damaged. I was so mad at myself! I put the crumbled things in the garage then took my wife to lunch. (what else can you do). A couple of weeks went by and I decided to call the Garrett company and order the parts. I must have bored the poor kid to death with my stupid story. He told me to pack up both detectors and he would E-mailed me a postal code or something and they would pay for the shipping. I was blown away! To make a long story short... a week later the UPS man is ringing the door bell and said he had package for me to sign for. Yup! The Garrett folks sent me two brand new detectors!!!! God bless Charles Garrett!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do a great job at taking care of their customers! Glad everything worked out for both of you.

Wayne

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just purchased a Garrett ProPointer a couple of months ago, well I finished hunting in the rain in which the ProPointer was pretty muddy. In my infinite wisdom i decided to just open it up and clean then reassemble........ If you have ever opened one you know immediately you've made a mistake.

Long story short I was unable to reassemble since I lost the spring, broke the thin wires from chipboard, etc... , I called and was told it should be covered by warranty. I shipped it to them a little over a week ago (in a number of pieces), today it came back and it looks Brand New, works perfect and No Charge!!!!

Garrett gets an A+++ in my book!

I am happy to read this, as I have 2 down. I tried to fix them myself. Bad idea, as well. I should have learned the first time, right? I will send mine out today, and see what comes back. Thanks!

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mine for about 5 years, and it has had this minor annoyance of beeping for no reason if I left it on while digging. I could have sent it back, and I'm sure they would have fixed it. I just learned to live with it by turning it off each time. Considering I've gone through about 6 or 7 batteries over the years, I sure can't complain. If it dies, I'll just but another one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread