You know your addicted to MDing when . . .

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
You buy a gun rack for you truck to carry your metal detectors..You make a deal to mow your neighbors yard so you can detect it... Your metal detector cost more than the truck you drive....You spend more time at the park than your kids do...You always pick up pennies you see even if it takes bending down more than once....
I actually do some of the stuff that has been posted here, This is to funny.. (did I mention my nail collection?)

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
You try and sell your family on the amenities of a "great vacation spot" while trying to hide the fact that its a place you really want to hunt.

When you cancel out on a fishin trip with your buds so you can do some custom programming in your coin garden.

Your spouse doesnt bother asking that question anymore......"What are you thinking?"

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...you were in grade school and everyone told you that there was no such thing as buried treasure but you decided to prove them wrong and have 44 cents in clad to show for it.

OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL that was funny pather ;D ;D

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
You can fit an MD in a gun rack !?!!??!?!?!? I am so there !!!

....Your wife approaches you in "scant" clothing, and you tell her, "it's too late, I have my digging jeans on.".

....you realize that suddenly, in the face of harsh reality, the humor has gone out of a post like this.

OR....your wife reads a post like this and starts to cry. Taking several hours to calm down.

.....your wife refers to herself as (I'm quoting here) a "metal detecting widow", and begins to seriously contemplate starting a 12-step support group.

....you end up in a rain-saturated cornfield, in VERY soft soil, over what is quite possibly a sinkhole - trying to tell yourself, "Just how deep can mud go anyway??".

P.S. - the driving ones hit a little close to home, I blame cabin fever, but I have come close to getting in an accident about four times in the last month because I have seen a house with OLD architecture.

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
You know oyu're addicted when..... You can relate to almost all of these posts!!!!!!
You ever try to stuff dirty coins in a parking meter 'cause thats all you got left????
Greg

T

treasurejack

........when you didn't realize everyone on the beach was naked until after you got back to your truck!

T

treasurejack

....when you look down from heaven still bragging about the powerlines you found! lol

T

treasurejack

Ray,
Just think of that old stuff under those condos! Sad......very sad!

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
.....you get through the carpet in the livingroom, only to realize that you're gonna' need a chainsaw to get to whatever is beeping down there.

....you dig a SIXTY FOOT DEEP hole in your front yard that the fire department has to tell you to fill in because it is a danger to the adjoining roadway.

....sleep becomes secondary to the back-breaking physical labor of digging hole after hole after hole after.......

Sandmaniac

Jan 23, 2007
Rehoboth Ma.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-When the truck backing up is about to hit you and you look down instead of moving.
-When you get caught rifling through the take a penny tray at 7-11
-When someone offers you a quarter for the parking meter and you turn to them and go beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
-When you regress to walking on all fours.
-When your girlfriend realizes that the earrings you gave her for Christmas are pulltabs
-When you hallucinate that your girfriends nipples are actual silver dollars
-When you come home from the mall soaking wet from falling in the wishing pool
-When you leave the house in winter dressed like Ralphies little brother in A Christmas Story
-When your wife mysteriously starts using the phrase fit as a cucumber
-When you fart sand

that is all

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
...when you have a boot full of rubish in different bags from different parks and schools in the hope that one day the local council will pay you for the service you do.

...you are on t'net while your girlfriend sleeps in the bed behind you (happening right now).

...When a day out with the girlfriend is you 'tecting and her digging. (won't happen when I get the ex2-we'll both be teceting and digging)!

(Its past 1am I just spent AU$1000 on an explorer 2 on ebay so I'll be awake for a while!).

Can definatly relate to these stories!

Mike in Fla.

Sep 4, 2005
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Quattro, Minelab Exp. II, Garrett Ace 250, GTXA 1000,
You feel bad that you bought a new house, because you know no one has lost anything in your yard.

NH Bob

Jan 22, 2007
NH
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
You know you're hooked when you've read all these replies and still want to add another one.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I'll add one more

You know you are addicted to MD'ing when.......

You wake up from a good metal detecting dream and find a huge hole in the mattress!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detecting with full blown kidney stones and all hopped up on pain meds
la la la la la look a pink elephant

T

treasurejack

You KNOW you're addicted to metal detecting when you've gone through the pain & agony of digging out "your wife's" gold and silver tooth fillings! Hey, to dig out your own would just be plain nuts! Gotta draw the line somewhere......lol

G

garbage digger

When you give up a couple hundred dollars playing hooky from work just so you can go dig up a couple hundred pull tabs.... Hey don't judge me >:( LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions