You know your addicted to MDing when . . .

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep comin back brother
orange juice coffee and cookies in back by the door on the folding table
smoke if you need to
"lets make this fast people,we have the hall only till 9 pm!the womans auxilary of the a.w.a.n.a.'s will be here "

Hillbilly bread

Feb 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT , Coin Master & my nose<><
Hey Eddekalb I see you have done this before. Nice to have a brother. Hillbilly<><

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 year token brother ;D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I'm an MD addict as well, however I'm not willing to turn my MD over to a higher power unless the Honeydo's get too far behind. :P ;D

Hillbilly bread

Feb 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT , Coin Master & my nose<><
Hey Eddekalb. Good job. I lead a meeting Called (The Most Excellent Way) it is all over the world. Keep doing what you are doing. HB<><

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
You know your addicted to MD'ing when you can see, " The head of a Mercury Dime in the clouds"... ;D

Attachments

• CloudFace.jpg
    CloudFace.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 255
G

garbage digger

You know your addicted to MD'ing when you can see, " The head of a Mercury Dime in the clouds"... Grin

That is one cool pic. Where did it originate from?

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
garbage digger said:
You know your addicted to MD'ing when you can see, " The head of a Mercury Dime in the clouds"... Grin

That is one cool pic. Where did it originate from?

I thought is was pretty cool when I first seen it. I was detecting a local park here in Indy. I looked up towards the east and saw this cloud. I said to myself then, "Wow! that cloud looks like a Mercury head." So, I grabbed my camera, and snapped the shot...

Ooops. P.S.> I thought it might have been somekind of an omen, but I didn't find anything that day, except for the cloud... ::)

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
You know you're addicted to MDing when........

...you hit the end of that one, first good day. There's about 78 cents in your pocket, two standing libertys, a merc, a silver rosie, five decent wheats, and three IH pennies, one of which is a '65. Sure there's always a little garbage, but that just means you're doin your part to keep ma earth clean. And as you start the walk back to the truck you actually shut off your machine, because sometimes a day is "just right", and too much is too much; besides, you know you'll be back tomorrow. And on this walk, as the sun starts to set, the sky lights up with that evening fire that so many take forgranted, because these days life just goes way too fast. And for one glorious moment that child inside has a clear view of the person they grew up into, and he's actually happy about who he's become. Thoughts turn to home, and all the friends and family that support (even if they don't understand) this insane obsession with old things and dimes, sometimes, for our benefit alone, they even feign interest. Close your eyes and sigh, let the day be good, and thank the creator for every day your coil swings. You know you're addicted when you realize that the treasure isn't in the finding, you know you're addicted when you find out why the being there is so very, very special.

I wish you all a happy spring and an honest, heartfelt - HH

Attachments

• sunset storm.jpg
    sunset storm.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 246

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANGLANGLEY said:
Ok, I'll add one more

You know you are addicted to MD'ing when.......

You wake up from a good metal detecting dream and find a huge hole in the mattress!

L M F A O !

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Mike in Fla. said:
You feel bad that you bought a new house, because you know no one has lost anything in your yard.
Hey mike I just built a new house just so i can be sure there's nothing underneath it,even so I MD'd the basement excavation to be sure :D, true story. Now the rest of the world is mine to MD. ;D

Attachments

• waituphomies.jpg
    waituphomies.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 221

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know you're addicted to MDing when...

...you fall asleep after a hard day of treasure hunting and wake up in China. :D

Nat

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
You dream about digging a trench full of silver quarters, including a 1933. True story, it happened to me last night. And there was no 1933!

julesjunk

Nov 13, 2006
you buy/rehab/sell old houses for a living and you detect the yards before the first hammer swing.....

You do small odd jobs for your neighbors, and the only thing you charge them is one new detecting site.....

you've got your wife so well trained that she knows how old the houses are of everyone of her co-workers.........

you buy a $20 concrete saw blade to retrieve a dime signal in/under a concrete pad in your back yard........

you and your hunting partner take turns holding the flashlight because it's past 10pm, and you want just one more keeper........

T

treasurejack

....when you're still swinging the detector after the shark attack!
....when you think the weather alert signal is a solid lock on a keeper!
....when cutting the lawn becomes a turn-on!
....when your dream machine is a backhoe!
....when you've been hunting Gold Finger ever since the Bond Movie!
....when you think catching a silver bullet is a good thing!
....when your dream hunt is in Bermuda Triangle!

mgdigger

Jan 31, 2004
Los Osos, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 and ACE 250
When in the devorce you dont care that she got the house as long as you keep the metal detector(s)

When taking a nap on the couch and the mirowave beeps and you say in your sleep "quarter at 3 inches"

T

treasurejack

(it's still winter here and I'm extremely bored!)
....when your best treasure dog doesn't break point while you're digging!
....when you use two detectors in place of your crutches!
....when your display case holds 143 varieties of pulltabs!
....when you've written a book on the history of pulltabs!

randall61

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2004
Guntersville,Alabama
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x2,viper trident
when u see a 1800s house for sale...then call the wife want to move ?it has a nice front porch,4 b 2b,a nice area and closer to work. then get the eye roll & a smile :D :D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread