Why so few Tesoro dealers

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though I have not owned a Tesoro in many years I know they make great detectors. I have seriously been considering a Tesoro as a back-up and loaner. My go-to dealer doesn't carry them nor do any of our other supporting vendors but one that I see (sorry if overlooked any). They sure have their place in the market, but find it odd than none of the smaller dealers seem to carry them, but do just about every other common manufacturer of metal detectors. I like to buy from people I trust and have an established relationship with when possible. Just odd that many of them carry everything BUT Tesoro. For clarification, I feel confident that it is not a quality issue as most of us know they are probably at the top of the heap there. I truly hate to buy from others when my current dealer has went above and beyond, but I want a TESORO.:dontknow:

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Agreed
My dealer who has gone above and beyond here in Canada thankfully sells them.
Great dealers in the US but with duties to pay when shipped up here to Canada it just isn't worth it.

Don't care what others say, Tesoro is the best make I've ever used.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish they had never stopped making the Bandito II-- great machine. I'd love to buy one for my father-in-law.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro does not allow the high profits on their machines that other manufacturers do. Retail prices are set at the factory and that turns off a lot of dealers - especially those that can make a couple of hundred on a Whites, or $300- $2,000.00 on a Minelab. PM me if you want the number of the number one Tesoro Dealer in the Country.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mickey , I am speaking out of school because i really dont know but I have heard thru the grapevine that The Outlaw is a updated version of the Bandido II uMax. I'm sure Mr. Solomon can give you the correct info. And TnGuns , I have 3 Tesoros in my truck right now and you can try them out. Actually I was in your neck of the woods today. Had to return some parts over in D-Town but looked the roads over at the ferry on both sides. So we will get together soon. And yes , we have a local Tesoro dealer in downtown Ringgold. He has a very nice shop and inventory. We can drive down there sometime soon. I was going to buy an F75 Fisher but I'm going to wait on the news and description of a new 2014 Tesoro. Nine out of Ten relic hunters in the Chattanooga area over the last 30 years are TESORO Loyal !!!

and Tnguns its faster to ringgold than you think , just go to Georgetown , turn right , go about 30 miles , no turns and you will drive right up to the General Patrick Clegburn Monument in Ringgold Gap !!

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure about profit margines, but as far as I know, Tesoro makes quality machines, ie; lifetime warrantee. I stand by my Cortez that has put others to shame. Sure, location, ground, knowledge, research, time and dedication come into play. The Mighty Cortez will always be my "go to" machine!

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you go the Tesoro website you get a list of all their dealers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread