All Treasure Hunting
I would buy the barber quarters and the eagles at those prices

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver Eagle are averaging around that price with shipping. I bought ten when the silver price dropped to less then $22 an ounce. With shipping they were a little over $23 each. The prices will fluctuate with the silver prices which changes a couple of times a day. I would wait to the silver prices dip below $21 an ounce. I know that silver was below $20 an ounce for at least a few days this year. Seems like the more reputable dealers, price wise will fluctuate their Silver Eagle prices accordingly while others just overcharge for theirs all the time and don't adjust their prices with the spot.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Silver Eagle are averaging around that price with shipping. I bought ten when the silver price dropped to less then $22 an ounce. With shipping they were a little over $23 each. The prices will fluctuate with the silver prices which changes a couple of times a day. I would wait to the silver prices dip below $21 an ounce. I know that silver was below $20 an ounce for at least a few days this year. Seems like the more reputable dealers, price wise will fluctuate their Silver Eagle prices accordingly while others just overcharge for theirs all the time and don't adjust their prices with the spot.
Please PM me the name of the place where you bought these; as I have never seen a small premium such as this online, or anywhere else for that matter.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well first off Condition means Everything

unless in mint condition your barber quarter has $3.98 in silver in it So $4.00 is fair

2 40% halves $3.25 each. so $3.50 is tolerable if holding them for a few years is possible

War nickels $1.24; at $1.85 they are Overpriced imo
again if holding them for a few years till silver hits $50+ may be ok

dimes $1.59, $2.80 is too Much imo $2.00 would be my absolute High Today

Silver Eagles, worth $22.00 now

I suppose it depends on If your Buying or Selling Though.

If You bought already, hold on to them till silver reaches at least $50.00.
I'll tell you you made out good :icon_thumleft:

If your Contemplating buying, Try to buy for $4.00 / $7.00 / $1.25 / $1.60 / $23.00 respectively. but your prices are probably pretty accurate with dealer selling prices.

If your Selling, Good Luck with your Prices , You'll probably get it from investors,s
or new collectors.

If I were Contemplating buying $20.00 p.p. for the Lot, I'm cheap & Prefer Finding
mine, so I'd have to Know I can turn around & Make a Profit
immediately. :laughing7:

P.S.

Welcome to treasureNet & Take my response with a grain of Salt ,
Although Serious on my personal opinions, they are simply mine :coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SilverSearcher103

SilverSearcher103

Nov 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all, I know about conflation and all of that, I was just wondering if you guys would pay those premiums. I thought that eagles for 25 was pretty good, because those carry a higher premium than junk or other rounds. Anyway thanks for the replies. Happy Hunting💰

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread