PAWN STARS BACKFIRE!!!

gimper

Jul 25, 2013
Illinois far from Chicago
Detector(s) used
CZ-6, White's Eagle 1(both broken) Compass X-100 and no pen to point (why waste batteries)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
recently i posted about getting a deal on pawn shop cz-6 quicksilver and not knowing that it lacked an external speaker by fishers design and telling the pawn shop guy i would have to send it in and have repaired. Well....... i guess ill have to send it in after all it wont make a sound out of headset cant hear a chirp! needle works! changed batteries-different headset-tapped unit (lightly) unplugged headset several times wiggled control knobs couldnt even make a crackle .if all you have is a internal speaker and it quits your really screwed!!! to me thats a design flaw if you dont have audible speaker also like most others. any quick fixes out there besides ups time? well i did find a 1905 toasted ih before it shot craps.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like it was handled rough, maybe dropped. Never had one apart, I'd say send it in and know how much your willing to pay to have it fixed.

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
getting it at a pawn shop is a place you want to make sure everything works before walking out the door with it, the headphone socket not working could have gotten you a better price, and the headphone jack is usually only 2 wires.
sounds like an easy fix, those jacks are common enough to find at any radio shack or computer shop. unless your somewhat mechanically inclined maybe attempt to do it yourself rather pay to have it done, as long as your careful and with a good work space it should only take 20mins... " i would not suggest doing this on a machine still under warrantee tho. good luck!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used=surprise, some times good some times bad. If it's just the speaker wires your good. Hopefully you get it fixed quick and little money. HH.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay, I am going to assume that the headphones work with another MD. Like mentioned above if it's the headphone jack or the wires going to the jack...this is an exceedingly simply repair for someone who knows their way around a soldering iron. If the knobs have to come off to take the case apart, that looks like that would be the most time consuming part of the repair. It shouldn't be hard to find someone local to do the repair.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
That particular model was great for silent searching as only the operator could hear the signals.
I have one that I still use with the small coil for trashy sites and it is deep. I found a seated dime
that was at least 8'' with ferrous signals all around. Contact Fisher for advise.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just found an almost brand new tesoro uMax Silver in a pawnshop. cheap too and it looks new. i have not turned on my Tejon since bringing this little orphan detector home !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread