Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read an article posted by a guy approx. 10 years ago, he went by the name "Old Salt" He was a metal detectorist, though I am not sure exactly where he was from. He posted a great article on the reasons for the decline of the USA in morality. If I remember correctly, he had a blog site or he posted on a site like this. I believe he has since passed on. Please let me know if you know who this man was.
Thanks!

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fundamental problem of America is spiritual and there is no political solution to a spiritual problem…………America has rejected Jesus Christ and turned it's back upon Christianity……it now reaps what it has sown. America is far from the first country to follow this path……..short of the biblical sack cloth and ashes, repentance, turning to God and rejecting sin, there is no hope for America………it has been weighed and found wanting……
Look at the last 50 or more years……..it is an all out assault upon the family, God, traditional morality, and love of country………..what had traditionally made America great, has been systematically been destroyed by the corruption and lies of the government/corporate fascism that exists today……….
Look around at what this country has become

OP
OP
TheRingFinder

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Doc-d - You sound like you could be the reincarnation of "the old salt". I agree 100% with you. It's so easy to see................just what you posted. Good Luck out there!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha! Great to see y'all sneakin the 'Religion Forum' back in.

OP
OP
TheRingFinder

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
omg so many scholars are into treasure hunting

Here comes the ...... Internet Troll.jpg

OP
OP
TheRingFinder

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha! Great to see y'all sneakin the 'Religion Forum' back in.

There was no "sneakin" first off - 2nd is talking about religion banned?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You fellers are so far off its disturbin!

It is not a lack of observance of Christianity. It is also not a great intrusion of anti-Christianity. What is destroying America is a PROFOUND LACK OF OPPOSITES! America works best when things are begrudgingly or happily running down the middle of everything!

If America (or ANY country) is run too far to the right (read Crazy Christians, Zionist Jews, or fundamentalist Muslims), then things go crazy and return to the stone age (just look at Afghanistan under the Taliban, the Jewish Settlements in the occupied territories, or the Crusades of the Middle Ages). Horrible atrocities committed in the name of God!

If America is run too far to the left. We have despicable issues with personal property, redistribution of wealth, etc. I am from New Orleans, La. A very Liberal city. I remember before Katrina, watching a documentary about being on the government dole. Five (I REPEAT FIVE) generations of a family living in the housing projects, because they had (the slang term of the time) "FREE MONEY" (welfare) and $80 per month rent. That is why it was common to see Mercedes and Cadillacs parked outside housing projects.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again: AMERICA runs best right down the middle! There HAS to be a balance! Just like in nature. For every gun toting, Bible Thumping, right wing racist bigot, there needs to be a Left Wing Communist Quoting, idealistic idiot left wing gun control Liberal nutjob. There has to be that offset for everything to work properly. When things are equally opposed, they are in balance, just as they should be (just as in nature). Then, in order to get anything done, a C-O-M-P-R-O-M-I-S-E has to be reached by everybody that has a vested interest in the outcome of the subject! We also have to trust that the people in the negotiations of the compromise have the best interests of the people they have been chosen to represent at heart! Not driven by money, power, or any shitty subversive view. Anybody found to be in violaton of the statutes is to be run out of office and spend a considerable amount of time in jail!

That's enough of a rant for now.

Best - Mike

OP
OP
TheRingFinder

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are incorrect my friend - The Christians don't care what religion you are "if any" and have made this the best country in the world. The left has tried to distort your views and have suceeded. They have taught you that the system that has worked and made this counrty great for hundreds of years is a right wing conspiracy. We as a country have gone so far left that there isn't a middle anymore. When the Christians started this country, we were not in the stone age nor were we headed there.
Is this your middle ground? People attacked for speaking their mind, Men marrying Men, masses being ruled by the minority, Government totally out of control? I could go on & on.

Oh, and please answer the original question, Thanks!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man this is goin back to the days of TNET when it was cool but times have changed.

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You fellers are so far off its disturbin!

It is not a lack of observance of Christianity. It is also not a great intrusion of anti-Christianity. What is destroying America is a PROFOUND LACK OF OPPOSITES! America works best when things are begrudgingly or happily running down the middle of everything!

If America (or ANY country) is run too far to the right (read Crazy Christians, Zionist Jews, or fundamentalist Muslims), then things go crazy and return to the stone age (just look at Afghanistan under the Taliban, the Jewish Settlements in the occupied territories, or the Crusades of the Middle Ages). Horrible atrocities committed in the name of God!

If America is run too far to the left. We have despicable issues with personal property, redistribution of wealth, etc. I am from New Orleans, La. A very Liberal city. I remember before Katrina, watching a documentary about being on the government dole. Five (I REPEAT FIVE) generations of a family living in the housing projects, because they had (the slang term of the time) "FREE MONEY" (welfare) and $80 per month rent. That is why it was common to see Mercedes and Cadillacs parked outside housing projects.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again: AMERICA runs best right down the middle! There HAS to be a balance! Just like in nature. For every gun toting, Bible Thumping, right wing racist bigot, there needs to be a Left Wing Communist Quoting, idealistic idiot left wing gun control Liberal nutjob. There has to be that offset for everything to work properly. When things are equally opposed, they are in balance, just as they should be (just as in nature). Then, in order to get anything done, a C-O-M-P-R-O-M-I-S-E has to be reached by everybody that has a vested interest in the outcome of the subject! We also have to trust that the people in the negotiations of the compromise have the best interests of the people they have been chosen to represent at heart! Not driven by money, power, or any shitty subversive view. Anybody found to be in violaton of the statutes is to be run out of office and spend a considerable amount of time in jail!

That's enough of a rant for now.

Best - Mike

Gollum I have to agree with you on that.Nothing gets done in DC because the right and the left wont agree on anything in the middle...it has to be their way or the highway.Our two party system has broken down,and I only hope its not beyond repair,but Im beginning to think its gonna take an old fashioned revolution to do it.The two party system has corrupted the American people too.People ask me if im democrat or republican and I tell them im a republicrat.They tell me there is no such thing and tell me im an independent.I say no that I agree with a lot of issues from republicans and democrats and they need to learn to agree with each other more to find that middle ground so this country can move forward instead of backwards like we r currently doing.They tell me im crazy and that I have to be one or the other,thus the reason that I say that Washington has corrupted has infected the American people....Grrrrrr.....Ok I start talking politics and I have to stop myself....lol....ok ...my rant is over.....lmao....barry

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry....has corrupted and infected.....

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I "imagine" this thread will be eventually locked so here is my take on this. There are many in this country and the world for that matter who have what I call the "John Lennon philosophy". A dream about a world without God or heaven. (how can you be spiritual without a belief in a higher power?) No matter how much well meaning, albeit God-less individuals try to fulfill Lennon's dream of a peaceful, harmonious world, it will not work. That is because humans are inherently imperfect, and along with that imperfection comes the fruits of imperfection.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
man this is goin back to the days of TNET when it was cool but times have changed.

i left this site back then, because it was only cool if you were of the approved christian gang...my degree in religion was worthless and unacceptable since it did not come from a born again college.

i find it sickening.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TRF, I have some info from Dan MacDougald, who along with his best friend Norman Malik-Yonan, retrieved the Yonan Codex from the Turkish priests back in the '60's. The Aramaic gospels.
Mr. MacDougald began his research into the decline of morality in the US, back during the Korean War, in observing our POW's. Our guys had a real rough time, while the Turkish POW's seemed to be unaffected, by their imprisonment.

He then went on to work in Georgia, with land mgt (if I'm not mistaken), in trying to understand as to why, ones in charge of waterways and dams in one area of a waterway, would have so little care as to release waters or with hold them, as to harm his neighbor downstream.
Mr. MacDougald and Mr. Malik went on to interpret the Peshetta with many Aramaic preists and scholars, and came to develop what was termed "Laws for Living" course, which was began in Reidsville prison. Prisoners were given MMPI tests, run through the course, retested. The course was found to reduce recidivism by 80%. He brought this course to Asa Kelly in Albany Ga in the '70's. There are some videos on youtibe, if you search Dans' and Asas' name. Yes, I knew these ppl, way back when. It's kinda boring blah blah bla, if your not into that kinda stuffs.

The course is based on having Khooba, positive perception for all you perceive. It teaches how to replace Love for self and neighbor, when love is lost. It's basic principles are Love, forgiveness, and humility. It may have some of the answers, you seek. Feel free to pm me with your email. I can try to get these files over to you. I got them from his son, who is also an attorney. I have all my course material from the 70's, but was missing a chapter or two.

I'm also a computer dinosaur, so it'll take me some tria and error, to locate these files in my system. I am proud to say, Mr. MacDougald and Mr. Malik was not only my much respected teachers, they were my friends!
Good luck on your quest.

eta: Mr. Dans' life goal, was to find the words, by which Jesus instantly healed. If that helps you to understand his heart. He was still hard at work in the hospital, on his death bed, at the end of his life.
Not for himself, for others.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I kind of go with the balance theory. Morals are part of balance. There is no right or wrong, only a most right. Just like there is no perfection, only good enough.
What I see as the problem is the me/me attitude in our younger population. As the younger progress they lack the guidance that parents use to instill in there young.
As far as government, balance is gone. We use to have a legislative arm, and an executive arm of government with the supreme court as the ref. Now we have the house stacked against the senate/executive combo, and they are stacking the court system in there favor. If the coming election doesn't shift this situation, yes I too can see revolution. Jest my view. This thread won't last long anyway, there is no balance in the mentoring. Frank...

Deserata-1692.jpg

OP
OP
TheRingFinder

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everyone for their input and views - we all have views and that's fine. Though I am really trying to find out if any of you old timers on TN ever heard of a guy who called himself

"The Old Salt" - Please help if you can, that's what this threaded started as.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread