PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the episode in Rockwall Texas. They dug up a huge section of this ancient rock wall to determine if it is natural or man made. Visually, it looks like blocks set by somebody.

They determined it was a natural formation by drilling several core holes into one of the rocks to check the magnetic alignment of the rock flow. Apparently, when formed, rocks get a magnetic and geophysical alignment from the movement while molten. The theory was that the individual blocks, if cut and placed by hand, would have different directions. All of the plugs had the same directional flow. However, from the footage shown, it looks like they only took plugs from one rock and it would seem that one rock would have the same formation strata. It would seem that they should have checked numerous rocks instead of the same one.... Just sayin.

maxpower

Apr 29, 2005
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i like the show as well, i'm not forced into believing everything but there is a lot to the history of this country that has been ignored or covered up!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott Wolter caught my interest when he investigated the Kensington Rune Stone. The Unearthed show seems to be scrambling for any kind of hoopla to entertain folks. The only episode I liked so far was the one on the Upper Michigan copper mining.

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong. I like the show. It is getting too hollywoodized for ratings. But, The history we learn in school is incomplete. The proven evidence of Pre-Columbus activity in North America deserves fair attention. I don't care for the pre-setup conversations. I guess the camera man appears inside before Scott gets to the door. The conversations are definitely scripted and many times sound like the people are reading lines instead of talking. At least he doesn't run around spouting silly buzz statements like Boom Baby or Juice.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't seen it, probably won't, but don't undersell the importance of the Freemasons in the independence of this nation. All but one of the first congress were Freemason's, and as such they, while in their lodge, could speak freely what was on their mind. The founding fathers were committing treason, but in the lodge they could talk without any outsiders listening in, and Mason's don't rat on Mason's. It's very important to be able to discuss plans with out fear of a spy, and that was their opportunity. It was serious and dangerous stuff, treason ends with a short rope and a long drop.

Probably couldn't do that now with the big ears of the Gov in everyone's business.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Probably couldn't do that now with the big ears of the Gov in everyone's business.
Yep, they are even recording your credit card statements. What next, a canded camera in the toilet? Frank...

sphere colored.jpg The illusion of privacy.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last episode did it for me ;the one on Washington DC and all the secret designs etc, etc. Wolter describes how the district is marked off by old markers forming a "diamond " 10 miles on each side. Now if my geometry classes taught me anything a figure with 4 equal sides is called a square . He used the diamond shape because it is freemason thing. He is full of crapolla and this is just one example of his BS just watch the shows. Having said that I still watch them for entertainment value. You'll notice that each show ends with him having proven nothing... Although I did give him credit when he proved that wall thing in Oklahoma or Texas was a natural structure not made by aliens or his favorite group the Knights Templar.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The show is bogus silliness. There was one episode where he investigates some sort of lead tablets with ancient inscriptions from the desert SW area of the USA. And.... of course ... as in all his shows, they somehow prove ancients were here, blah blah blah. But the minute you do a google word search on that particular item found in the 1920's or '30s, it all falls apart. They were revealed as fakes long ago. But the america unearthed guy conveniently leaves out any mention of those counter-evidences, because it wouldn't be as sensational. After that one episode and seeing the easy alternative explanations, I can't stomach watching any more of his bunk.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The show is bogus silliness. There was one episode where he investigates some sort of lead tablets with ancient inscriptions from the desert SW area of the USA. And.... of course ... as in all his shows, they somehow prove ancients were here, blah blah blah. But the minute you do a google word search on that particular item found in the 1920's or '30s, it all falls apart. They were revealed as fakes long ago. But the america unearthed guy conveniently leaves out any mention of those counter-evidences, because it wouldn't be as sensational. After that one episode and seeing the easy alternative explanations, I can't stomach watching any more of his bunk.

Tom, WE have to be realistic about this. Where did Google get there info? There are many holes in history and I am always happy to listen to someone that is trying to fill them. Do I believe them? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, but I enjoy listening. It appears that the theories on history are continually changing.
Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

Last edited:

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
It's a "formula" show. A lot of these kinds of TV shows follow the same formula very well. Think about it. What other shows break for a commercial and then return with a 2-3 minute replay of what you just watched? That is a waste of time and stretches-out the show time. Also, any news today is fast- if any of these guys ever found something of serious interest you would have seen it on the internet long before their show airs. I do watch his show, but merely for entertainment. NHBandit hit the nail on the head!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first episode, I thought Cool ! decent show to watch.
May show some cool sights that could date to Pre-History as we know it,
& he may not make Judgements.
But after the next few shows & all his paths led to the Knights Templers

Including an EXxon station sign he saw & immediately called his friend on his cell phone to tell him
of his great discovery that Xx points to the Knights Templers :tongue3: I gave up

not sure if he felt Exxon was in cahoots with the Templers, If he thought they owned
Exxon back in the day, or if the arc was buried there but I wonder if he
questioned the clerk if he could excavate the crapper for fresh bs :BangHead:

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Tom, WE have to be realistic about this. Where did Google get there info?....

Huh? Your question can be flipped around and simply asked the show too: "where did american unearthed get their info?" To ask this question, doesn't prove or say anything. I mean, where does an encyclopedia get their info? Where do you get your info? I mean, sure, the multiple debunk links I found might all be a grand conspiracy (yeah right). But so too might they be correct, and therefore the show be foolish.

So I'm not sure what the "where did google get it's info" question shows. They didn't even address the debunk explanations, which were nothing more than a mouse-click away. Sure maybe those de-bunk evidences were themselves bogus. Ok, great. Address them then, in your bolstering effort.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google doesn't "get their info" anywhere. Google doesn't decide what to show you, it is a search engine. It simply shows you what is out there related to what you ask it. So the "where" is everywhere and everyone who has posted about it, INCLUDING THIS PAGE. Information is just facts, perceptions and ideas. What you do with it is up to you.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Huh? Your question can be flipped around and simply asked the show too: "where did american unearthed get their info?" To ask this question, doesn't prove or say anything. I mean, where does an encyclopedia get their info? Where do you get your info? I mean, sure, the multiple debunk links I found might all be a grand conspiracy (yeah right). But so too might they be correct, and therefore the show be foolish.

So I'm not sure what the "where did google get it's info" question shows. They didn't even address the debunk explanations, which were nothing more than a mouse-click away. Sure maybe those de-bunk evidences were themselves bogus. Ok, great. Address them then, in your bolstering effort.

Tom, what I meant was, He is showing you the actual material his theory is based on. Now you are free, the same as I, to accept or reject his theory, but at least he presented the evidence. That was my point. Frank...

OK, there is an all new presentation on tonight at 9. Check it out. Hay it's entertainment!
6 06-1 Yellowstone 119-2.jpg

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This Unearth America guy is just guessing like the rest of us!!!HAHAHA! I get the drift of what most of you other crazies think of the past,but you all know that things were happening in this world way before history is able to record it! Now get out there and find it!!!! Let's get to the bottom of all this insanity!!! The Kid

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I liked the episode in Rockwall Texas. They dug up a huge section of this ancient rock wall to determine if it is natural or man made. Visually, it looks like blocks set by somebody.

They determined it was a natural formation by drilling several core holes into one of the rocks to check the magnetic alignment of the rock flow. Apparently, when formed, rocks get a magnetic and geophysical alignment from the movement while molten. The theory was that the individual blocks, if cut and placed by hand, would have different directions. All of the plugs had the same directional flow. However, from the footage shown, it looks like they only took plugs from one rock and it would seem that one rock would have the same formation strata. It would seem that they should have checked numerous rocks instead of the same one.... Just sayin.
I watched that one just recently (maybe a rerun). They drilled holes in about 5 different stones that were all next to eachother not just one stone. That said I still think alot of the theories he comes up with is by trying to force puzzle pieces together that simply don't fit. Oh look.. I found "proof" that the Vikings landed on Mars...

Attachments

• 8173759806_6ba68c50de_z.jpg
    8173759806_6ba68c50de_z.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 128
OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched that one just recently (maybe a rerun). They drilled holes in about 5 different stones that were all next to eachother not just one stone. That said I still think alot of the theories he comes up with is by trying to force puzzle pieces together that simply don't fit. Oh look.. I found "proof" that the Vikings landed on Mars...

I agree with you. I have seen that a lot with treasure hunters. They try to bend the facts to fit their theory.

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, unfortunately. But, if you hold it up during a full moon it will show you where to find a hooked X.

(Seriously, hub caps? Do they still have those?)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread