Funniest thing you use your pin pointer for

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured this could be a fun thread. What are some things you use your pin pointers for when you are not detecting? I sell new and used cars. If I spot what I think to be putty on a car I will take the pin pointer to it and if it does not go off....I know there is body putty. I also have used it to locate a bullet in a deer that never exited. Lets hear your uses :) This is a family forum so keep it clean

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
I figured this could be a fun thread. What are some things you use your pin pointers for when you are not detecting? I sell new and used cars. If I spot what I think to be putty on a car I will take the pin pointer to it and if it does not go off....I know there is body putty. I also have used it to locate a bullet in a deer that never exited. Lets hear your uses :) This is a family forum so keep it clean

Have taken my Garrett and found the studs/nails in the walls of our home :laughing7:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Have taken my Garrett and found the studs/nails in the walls of our home :laughing7:

I like that, someone liked my stud finder more than me, and if I try and measure 16" on center I never hit a stud. That is a good idea.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checking for pins I may have missed while sewing. Finding a bb under the skin in a relatives leg just to prove I could. Entertaining the grand kids, by finding the teeth fillings from out side my mouth, they were impressed! Lol!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to use my Garrett pinpointer for digging once.
but gave up and grabbed by digger after about 5 seconds

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding shed arrow points in my basement archery target. But I guess that is still metal detecting.

HPIM2297.jpg

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding shed arrow points in my basement archery target. But I guess that is still metal detecting.

View attachment 931013

Cedar arrows too? Nice, that takes me back.

I was at a shoot in the late 70's, and saw a cedar shaft break on release and stick in the archer's wrist. Just a freak accident I'm sure. Nice bow.

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just before Christmas (2013), my 3 yr old grandson was thought to have swallowed a coin. My son contacted me and for the next 2 weeks, they used my pinpointer and metal detector to track the coin through his body.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tease the wife by putting it on her knees and hips (all replaced)) making it beep like crazy, then against the back of her head with a quarter next to it! :laughing9:

Dirt.Hound

Mar 5, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well... it wasn't my pinpointer... but I have a kind of funny thing that I used my detector for :) My girlfriend and I suspected that her younger sister had her nipple pierced... but she hadn't told anybody about it. I told her to hold still when we were out in their yard, and ran to the car to get my machine. She was obviously confused when I walked up pointing my coil at her and then BEEEEEEEP! My girlfriend yelled, "I KNEW IT!" The look on her sisters face was priceless... a mix of confusion and embarrassment... but in the end we all had a good laugh.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just before Christmas (2013), my 3 yr old grandson was thought to have swallowed a coin. My son contacted me and for the next 2 weeks, they used my pinpointer and metal detector to track the coin through his body.
Same thing happened with my 4 year old grandson, I would pinpoint it each day and we would mark it with a felt pin but his was gone on the fourth day, when we told him it went down the toilet the look on his face was priceless!

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the Army and several years ago, I was in Afghanistan where we used Garrett pin pointers to aid in the daily search of our Afghan workers. New_Kid stops by one day to pick up the pin-pointers and take them to the gate, when I reminded him to test them, to make sure they're working. He proceeds to stick it in his mouth, to see if it'll detect his fillings. Not only was the visual so inappropriate, it made me laugh when he said, "oh! it even vibrates!" Of course, I had to mention how many dirty crotches that think has been in to see how fast he pulled it out...

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used it as a laser to zap somebody. Didn't work by the way.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have used mine to locate dropped bolts, nuts and wrenches in deep snow after
i drop them from atop my ladder.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
My funny one was with my detector while I was at a volleyball court near the beach. Young friendly homeless guy came bouncing over & asked me to detect his ankle to see if the metal plate in it would sound off. I knew it would & had previously "detected" my daughter's wrist metal plate. But the young guy didn't know what to expect & burst out laughing when his ankle set the detector off, definitely made his day. :laughing7: Andi

beepbeepin

Aug 24, 2012
Schenevus, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
I like the stud finder idea!

My father likes plaining old barn boards for kitchen cabinets. So I scan the old boards on all metal to make sure there's no chunks of nails in them.

He goes through less blades on his plainer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread