Hello to all

CaptainMorgan

Mar 4, 2007
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Titan 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just want to take this opportunity to say hello to all here. As a long time coin collector I decided to take up another hobby that I enjoyed as a youth but had not participated in for 30 years. I guess searching for treasures as a coin collector naturally inspired me to give this a go, I can't wait for my first find, even if it's a vintage pull tab ;D.
I recently purchased a Tritan 3000xd and am patiently waiting for spring to come along. I may just throw my change jar out on the lawn before too long just to have some play time.
Don't be alarmed by my my sign on as I'm it refers to my favorite coin(the Morgan dollar) and not the alcoholic beverage........I'm more of a beer man myself.
Any hoot I hail from western Wisconsin and, if anyone is in my area, I would be grateful for them to show this "Greenie" the ropes.
Jim

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Welcome aboard Jim. You're going to have fun and this is a great place to share it all. I myself am a collector on the paper side, but defiantely wanted to pick up a few goodies on the coin side. On another note, be aware that the Titan 3000 from what I gather is the same unit as the Bounty Hunter 3300, which can be had on Ebay for alot less than the price of a Titan 3000 at a place like Kellyco. If this was the case, you might want to send it back and review your options. Ask around. For starters, take a look at the BH 3300 on Ebay. I purchased a BH 1100 on Ebay for $49.00 which turns out to be the same as a Titan 1000 which sells for well over $100 at Kellyco. And it is the same thing, just that the color and face on the housing are different.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I've had a little Captain in me a few times! I was thinking about going with "Jim Beam"... but thought "Montana Jim" would give me more credibility...

It hasn't. :P

Welcome aboard the treasurenet express... looking forward to your posts!

OP
OP
CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Mar 4, 2007
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks MT.
I'll be picking a lot of brains around here so here is a thank you in advanced. Do they have a section titled:
"Frequently asked questions by rookies of metal detecting" ::)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
CaptainMorgan said:
Thanks MT.
I'll be picking a lot of brains around here so here is a thank you in advanced. Do they have a section titled:
"Frequently asked questions by rookies of metal detecting" ::)

YES!!! LOL... every section is full of people just like us, needing to know the best way, or needing advise.

If you have a question about coins for example, post in the "What Is It" or the "Coins" or the "General Discussion" !!

If you post in the wrong place it will quickly get moved to the right place! ;) (thank you Jeff)

Most importantly, YOU will be able to help OTHERS! There is a lot to read here, so I'll bet all your questions have already been replied to for someone else... but that should not stop you from asking!!!

Also, and there is NO pressure, a "Charter Membership" gives you a search option that is invaluable!! This site is foremost a research site (except for Treasure Tales who is just trying to pick-up chicks 8) ) and your dumb question will help a hundred others... 8)

I think you'll like it here...

OP
OP
CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Mar 4, 2007
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll definately pony up for a charter membership soon. I think I'm going to like it here.
"Snow, Snow go away and let me take my detector out someday"

T

treasurejack

Howdy Captain, welcome to the best treasure hunting site on the net!

shanko

Dec 6, 2006
Anderson, In.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter pioneer 202
Welcome to the forum Captain!

Metal detecting and coin collecting are two hobbies that blend well together. Good luck an happy hunting

Shanko

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread