Propane: What are you paying?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope the farmers are not the problem, it is the exports, 400,000 barrels per day, and what is it 55 gallons per barrel ?
That's 22,000,000..yep 22 million gallons per day of OUR resources being exported for others benefits..sorta since propane and Nat gas is worth roughly 10 times over seas versus what they can sell it for here..make sure you read that part..there is NO shortage, that's typical of big energy to tell their distributors to tell customers that it is the farmers fault.

As for farming, in a ideal world a farmer could wait till prices were higher to sell, most cannot, waiting would bankrupt most, as it stands today, you need a minimum of 800-1000 acres of crop producing land to support a family of four.
I could go into great detail about it since almost everybody I know are farmers, trust me they are not the problem..the mighty dollar and the quest for as many as they can get ( big energy ) is the problem, history alone proves that.

Have a great day, and yes I will call my senator on behalf of all you propane users, and talk his ear off.

Mike

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang nasty businesses, always trying to make money. You know those nasty farms send all kinds of stuff overseas where the price is higher too. Oh the humanity.:laughing7:

Come on Mike,, wake up buddy. Stop thinking everything is part of the collective.

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a smart fella Dak!

BTW, I don't have a problem with Business making money,, and I don't have a problem informing myself enough to spend the least amount possible, in my house I am in the "business" of saving my money.

I met with a lot of resistance when I got my tank. The gas companies wanted me to install all gas, they tried to tell me how cheap and easy it would be. They wouldn't put in anything more than a 100 Gal tank.

My HVAC is a geothermal, it also heats my water( although it needs to be heated a little more with electric and more so in winter). And I insulated the heck out of my house.

So I have a dual fuel stove, hooked up my grill, and a house generator on it. I made this decision 6 years ago because the price of all fuels looked like they were going to to go up, frankly I am surprised they aren't double what they are now.

My point is. Figure it out now. Blame it on whoever you want to, as long as it wakes you up. Try not to be a victim and do what it takes to save money all the time, not just when you freak out.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I agree businesses deserve to make a profit, but how much wealth do people need to make off the backs of everybody else ? The top five american oil companies, post a profit of 118 Billion dollars..not millions, but billions..something is seriously wrong with that, then add in all the taxpayer subsidies they receive then you are talking Trillions...but ok I guess its ok for an executive to make 40 million bucks a year, he has bills to pay...pffft.

Mike

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I agree businesses deserve to make a profit, but how much wealth do people need to make off the backs of everybody else ? The top five american oil companies, post a profit of 118 Billion dollars..not millions, but billions..something is seriously wrong with that, then add in all the taxpayer subsidies they receive then you are talking Trillions...but ok I guess its ok for an executive to make 40 million bucks a year, he has bills to pay...pffft.

Mike

There was a segment the other day about that Mike.. In a survey most people said that ballplayers earned their millions by playing a game, but the CEOs did not because all they did was create opportunity and wealth. Who do you think "earns" the most money "off of the backs"?

OP
OP
R

Recluse

Greenie
Jan 25, 2014
Southern Illinois
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope the farmers are not the problem, it is the exports, 400,000 barrels per day, and what is it 55 gallons per barrel ?
That's 22,000,000..yep 22 million gallons per day of OUR resources being exported for others benefits..

You nailed it!

1132472422.jpg

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3.60 gal.............984.00 for 424.4 gal 48 days ago

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fridays (Jan. 24th.) Fill up cost me $3.495 per Gallon

that's up 20 cents since last fill in december

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I live in Mississippi and I am a hardware dist. to a Propane truck fleet. The shop foreman told me Trucks were coming from Calif. to Al. and Ga. to pick up loads of propane and it had gone from around 3.35 to 5 bucks a gallon this last round of price increases. A lot of Wholesalers are out in the south. Maybe the worst is over for a while or at least long enough for distributors to stock back up.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silly me,
I thought that since we have to put up with the fracking pollution and earthquakes, we would get a decent price.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silly me,
I thought that since we have to put up with the fracking pollution and earthquakes, we would get a decent price.

although I don't believe there is any pollution with Fracking.
as least no more then with anything else the enviro's complain about.

but all these new fuel sources are not being created to decrease prices .

they are being created to get their piece of the Pie & once they have a solid customer base,
Complain shortage & increase prices too.

Money,Money,Money

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other

they are being created to get their piece of the Pie & once they have a solid customer base,

Money,Money,Money

I agree with the money thing, but O&G save money with fracking also, I know what types of toxic chems are in fracking fluid, but to see where money is being saved you have to think the way I do.
Take benzene for example, just with that one to make research easy, one of the main components to the fluid.
Before somebody thought up the bright idea to say it is needed in the fluid, as with all toxic wastes, proper disposal..is very expensive Ok! Now research back over the last 10 years since horizontal fracturing has become common, and look at the insane decline in permits issued and quantities of those chems, why pay all that money to dispose ( in a somewhat safe manner ) of all those toxic fluids, when we can say Hmmmmm we need to use that as a needed component in our frack fluid, so now its inject it for free into the ground, and their subsidiaries that buy said fluid get a tax rebate for doing so, now we pay them to dispose of toxic waste..into our earth, with no containment to stop said chems from migrating..sad.

Mike

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Money,Money,Money

I have noticed that no matter what the price of diesel is, Biodiesel always costs more. How is it possible that it would be tied to the same market pressures as oil?
Money Money Money,- I think PT Barnum said it best?

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fried of ours told us that she called for gas this last week and they will not bring out less the 150 gals and the cost of that would be $769 that is over $5 a gal it is a shame how they rip people off just so they can still make millions in profits

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen geo thermal being installed heard it's very costly ,how deep does the tubing go?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread