Garrett 2000 2500 questions.....

the13bats

Jan 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some questions about these units, first what is the big difference between the two besides the 2000 will talk at you.

These have "coin" mode and a "jewerly" mode and others but what if I desire the best of both worlds I wanna hunt and find both coins AND jewerly will the 2500 do this? where would I set it?

Where in low end to top end is the 2500 considered?

I am thinking I want to buy a 2500

Thanks!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you would get better and more answers if you would drop down and post this under the Garrett forum… My self i think there is not much different between the 2000 & 2500 .. But they do not make the 2000 now and it is really hard to find one you would be better off with the 2500 or 1500.. If you do find a 2000 Garrett wants about $400.00 to upgrade to the 2500

OP
OP
T

the13bats

Jan 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you would get better and more answers if you would drop down and post this under the Garrett forum… My self i think there is not much different between the 2000 & 2500 .. But they do not make the 2000 now and it is really hard to find one you would be better off with the 2500 or 1500.. If you do find a 2000 Garrett wants about $400.00 to upgrade to the 2500

So you really don't know which setting would be good for coins and jewelry?
Sorry for posting here, thanks for the corrective criticism, I'm new here missed the make specific forums, perhaps a mod will step in and move my thread.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well when i hunted for coins & Jewelry with my GTI i always set it on the Jewelry mode ...

OP
OP
T

the13bats

Jan 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well when i hunted for coins & Jewelry with my GTI i always set it on the Jewelry mode ...

Cool...so i was reading around this site watching videos and reading revues ugg:BangHead:
So you had a gti..good....help! on the 2500 I see people posting it's an antique out dated get some newer model then they go off on this or that one is better, then some fellow says no it isnt...

I hunt mostly coins jewerly and the relics that chime into that,

What drew me to the 2500 is how it will guess what coin it is and give the size guess I like that type display my wife is more into graphs like the v3i or se pro....

pleases give me some views and opinons on the 2500....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread