Hello all

LunarWolf

Feb 23, 2007
Hey just wanted to make my first post to say hello! Been reading this forum for along time now and i'm hopelessly addicted to it! Anyways i recently got the ACE250 and my son (age 10) has a cheapy wal mart bounty hunter but we had a blast with them finding junk and all, no real big finds yet but i'm sure in time we'll get us some ;D Can't wait for the ground to thaw out and get out there more! Take Care.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Welcome to Treasurenet... You have some decent machines no matter the price, and they will both find you some good stuff! :)

We all look forward to seeing your finds and hearing your stories!

You did good with a great father/son hobby... it's the gift that keeps on givin'! ;)

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
Good Morning (it's still morning here) I just joined this forum last night. I am looking at buy a Garrett GTI2500 and a depth mulitlier coil for it.

I had a Garrett in the early 1980's but it grew legs and ran away :o
Any way I have been reading and there seems to be a lot if info available here.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to both of you!!

This is the place to find valuable information on anything MDing!!

We look forward to seeing your posts and lots of pics!!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome to TreasureNet.

Glad to have you with us. This is a great place to learn, make new friends, and just have a great time. Sounds like you and your son are having a great time. Just be careful, this hobby can become very addictive very quickly. We look forward to pics when you get them.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I'm so excited for you Lunar wolf. I started treasure hunting with my son when he was 14 and we've had the best times of our lives. Especially when combined with camping, fishing, swimming and bar-b-q. My sons 18 now and headed for college next fall, but we've already begun planning for his winter break were headed down south for some of all those activities in a new local. Best money I've spent was the same thing as you I have a new 250 as does my wife and the kids all got BHs as soon as they showed interest.
;D

OP
OP
LunarWolf

LunarWolf

Feb 23, 2007
Thanks for the welcome everyone! We went out for a bit yesterday in the back yard found a few square heads nails and that was about it. Not bad considering it was the only part of the yard that has really thawed yet lol. We're going to a local state park tomorrow and search the beach, supposed to be around 55 tomorrow so hopefully we'll have some pics of goodies! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions