Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
If you really mean inches,yes it's normal.If your post is correct and you're talking feet,you have a super deep unit.The Vaquero is considered deep tho by all standards.

OP
OP
D

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry i ment inches / feet would really be something !
i corrected the post.
if it is finding shot would it also find gold of the same size and depth?
george

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, this is normal. The HOT technology Tesoros are very sensitive to small items. This also comes in handy detecting coins on edge. I never found so many coins on edge until I got my Tejon, many in places that have been pounded with other detectors for years.

T

TheBullShark

Im new to MD'ing and 3 weeks new to Vaquero(my friend got one to at the same time),still learning it but it will definately find tiny pieces...The more sensitivity the smaller the pieces in my case,I can find like 3 strands about 1/8 inch long pieces of copper wire if I have it up around sens up real high,drove me nuts the first day or 2.But in the manual when telling you how to GB it says to turn up the sens to 9-10etc so at first I thought you were supposed to stay at 9-10,and my alot of my areas are trashy so I dunno it was just nutty as I couldnt even GB due to all the metal...For now I just set it as it says and adjust the sens depending on the trash,and just start clearing the area.

After 3 weeks though Im getting the basics down,and really liking the machine...I think it doesnt take a long time to learn to use but will take a little more time to master.My friend also has found some small shot deep probably between No.7 and Smaller Buckshot.Im new to it so all my ideas may not be correct ;D,but I can tell ya this much "click,chirp,BEEEEEP,chip-chip-chip,chip-beep,beep-beep" and all that :D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is normal for a great detector like the Vaquero to do this. You might just be on a old skeet range. You can turn down the sensitivity and still get good depth and lessen the amount of shot you find. Also going to one of Tesoro's new H.O.T. small coils will help in the trashy areas.

OP
OP
D

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hay
thanks for the help i'll turn the sens down a bit and try it again, i just know there is gold down there!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread