stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight.. Wed., October 22nd, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker
STEVE ARNOLD OF METEORITE MEN

The terms treasure hunting and metal detecting can be vague terms at times that cover many different aspects of our great hobby/lifestyle. Some use detectors to hunt for gold. Some use them for relics or coins. Some use probes and shovels for privy digging. Some of use metal detectors, magnets, and other tools to search for items from far off! This week on BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND I will be speaking with Mr. Steve Arnold of the TV series Meteorite Men. Steve is a 20+ year veteran meteorite hunter! Steve is a great guy to speak with who is full of information about those pieces of extraterrestrial treasure that many of us have questions about from time to time. There can be a real sense of achievement with meteorite hunting and I'm sure Steve has some great stories and information on this subject. One estimate states that the mass of material that falls on Earth each year range from 37,000-78,000 tons with the majority being dust sizes particles but when you can find the pieces of meteorite that fall to earth you've really found something stellar! I know there are a lot of things that I can learn from this show and I hope you can too! Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!
Join us live tonight...Wed. October 22nd, 8 PM Eastern
Call in number is 1-419-549-5744
I hope to see you there...call in, interact, or just sit back and listen!
Click the link below to listen to the show, live through the player tonight...

1000MIKES - BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND

Official meteorite men website:
Meteorite Men Official Website - Science Channel, Meteorite Hunters Geoff Notkin and Steve Arnold

Steve Arnold Meteorites on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/SteveArnoldMeteorites/116030671746928

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight.. Wed., October 29th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker

LONG TIME HUNTERS, FIRST TIME ATTENDEES

Chris Engel was a great guest and a listener favorite awhile back. Don Botting was also a absolutely creative and innovative guest! Both of them have had many years in the hobby and are very passionate about it...but now let's add a third person to the equation of a formula for digging and recovering history...Mr. John Deville(LA Gold). That's right folks! Tonight we're talking some serious digging on BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND! Join us as we get the perspective of these three hunters as they share their experiences and stories of finds that were made or seen over the weekend at a large hunt. Should be some interesting stories! Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!
Join us live tonight...Wed. October 29th, 8 PM Eastern

Don Botting's youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5JQmH_Hubgj-g-I_rZay0A

John Deville's Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNGxXCyClaupP6pzBcqN0-A

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wed., November 5th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker
A SEARCH FOR A RING OWNER

Swanzey Searcher ends his quest with a happy ending!

Back in April a metal detectorist in NH(Swanzey Searcher) recovers a gold class ring from the edge of a tree line near a hay field in the Dublin area of NH. This 1972 Duxbury High school class ring turns out to be his first piece of gold, his first class ring, and an item that his search for an owner leaves him with more questions than answers. Over the next 6 months he tries to locate the owner even going as far as a full page article in a local paper to attempt to find the owner with no luck. October 1st Swanzey calls into the BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND show where I was interviewing Chris Turner of TheRingFinders. I offer to try and help do what I can to try and locate the owner or get some others involved to help locate the owner. Oct. 29th Swanzey joins me on a call and gets some great news as he gets to speak with the ring owner! We find out that this ring has been missing for at least 39yrs! Nov. 5th just mere hours before we go live Swanzey will return the ring to the ring owner and join us here on BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND to talk about his search, recovery, and experiences of finally finding and returning this item to the rightful owner. This should be a great story and show! Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!

Join us live...Wed. November 5th, 8 PM Eastern

Attachments

• 10717897_377269322441339_2123088203_n.jpg
    10717897_377269322441339_2123088203_n.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 75
  • 10715680_377269365774668_1688862365_n.jpg
    10715680_377269365774668_1688862365_n.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 10721438_377269185774686_585835188_n (1).jpg
    10721438_377269185774686_585835188_n (1).jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight.. Wed., November 12th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker

OPEN LINES AND REMEMBERING VETERANS

Last week there was a major glitch with 1000mikes. This week BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND is back! We hope that all who serve or have served had a great day yesterday. Tonight we'd like to hear from you! Feel free to call in and express your thoughts on the hobby. What's that? You say you're not a veteran...that's okay. We're always happy to hear from all the listeners. Tonight is your chance to call in and share your thoughts and opinions on any aspect of the hobby. For those long time listeners you know I enjoy hearing from all of you and if you're a first time listener join in and check us out. You never know what will happen here on the show. I may or may not be joined by a additional guest but one thing is for sure. We will cover some information and still do what we can to produce a good show for all of you! You just never know what will happen next here on BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND! Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!
Join us live tonight...Wed. November 12th, 8 PM Eastern

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight.. Wed., November 19th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker

RELIC HUNTING WITH YODA

That's right folks...Yoda. No, I'm not speaking of the small Jedi master of Star Wars. I'm speaking of one who is wise in the ways of the coil. This 38 year relic hunting veteran dug his first bullet at the age of 18 and never looked back! His forte lies in civil war relic hunting recovering items over the years amounting to possibly as many as 20,000 Minnie balls, 1000 buttons and countless gun parts as well as other items. He has used machines such as the Double Eagle and Fisher over the years and has been hunting recently with the Fisher F70. You may have caught glimpses of him in videos from people such as Cajun Coin Hunter and Diggin Deep South. Yoda still has the same level of enthusiasm today for the hobby as he did 38 years ago if not more for detecting and relic hunting. Find relics he does and talk relic hunting he will! Sounds like there could be some interesting stories tonight! Check it out and see what words of wisdom Yoda may share with us! One of his favorite finds is a confederate button that I'm sure he will mention tonight. Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!
Join us live tonight...Wed. November 19th, 8 PM Eastern

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight.. Wed., November 26th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker
GIVING THANKS FOR THE HOBBY AND OTHER TOPICS

With the holidays rolling in I thought we'd go with open lines tonight and give listeners a chance to call in and state why they are thankful for the hobby or anything else for that reason. Speaking of thankful, when I think of people who may be thankful for this hobby and I know there are a lot of of us...1 name pops right to the front at the time. That's right...I will be joined once again by Mr. Chris Engel folks. Join us as we cover such topics as the update on Chcago Ron's Jolie fundraiser, The latest video of "Hardcore relic recovery" from Kenny Moore(dirtbandit33), and why threshold can be such a valuable asset in this hobby. If you are traveling for the holidays we wish you a good, safe trip. IOf you are not traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday we encourage you to tune in for what could be a great show. Best of wishes to you all and Happy Holidays to you and your family on this Thanksgiving! Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!
Join us live tonight...Wed. November 26th, 8 PM Eastern

Kenny Moore's latest video, Hardcore Relic Recovery:

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight.. Wed., December 3rd, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker

THE EQUIPMENT WE USE AND WHAT WE'RE DOING WITH OUR FINDS FROM THE YEAR

I hope that everyone had a good and safe Thanksgiving last week! Tonight's show is for the callers as well as the listeners...Tonight I want to hear from you! What equipment are you using to recover the history where you are and what are you doing with your finds from this season of detecting? Some of us are fortunate enough to be able to hunt practically all year round. But for others the winter season and mother nature start to lock us out for the season until nicer weather comes around again. For many of us who could be getting shut down for the season very soon (if not already) we begin doing research on various places to hunt during nicer weather or maybe even cleaning, IDíng, or building a nice display to house some of our nicer finds while at the same time trying to fight off the effects of cabin fever that seems to set in very quickly. Tell us what you're doing with your finds...how you clean or display them for others to see if you do that sort of thing or even the equipment you use or a place you would like to hunt when you get back out into the field again. Got a question you'd like to ask but don't want to call in? No problem...drop me a line and I'll see if I can bring it up on the show. Not only is it good to be able to share our metal detecting experiences but it's also good to share what we are doing with our finds as far as cleaning and displying those finds as your ideas could spark something for someone else to give them an idea of how to display or preserve their special finds! After all it is radio for you...the listener! Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!
Join us live tonight...Wed. December 3rd, 8 PM Eastern

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight.. Wed., December 10th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker
CHRIS BROOKS
METAL DETECTING FOR BEGINNERS

Tonight I will be speaking with Mr. Chris Brooks. Chris has only been in the hobby of metal detecting for a few years now but really enjoys getting out coin shooting, relic hunting, and even some beach combing and has used machines such as the Minelab CTX 3030, E-Trac, Excal, Garrett AT PRO, ACE 350, and Nokta FORS CoRe. Chris has also recently started the Facebook group of Metal Detecting for Beginners which has grown to just over 750 members already and gives newcomers to this great hobby a an area where they can go to share their finds as well as ask questions about all aspects of the hobby of metal detecting. The groups also has members who are seasoned veterans who are very friendly and try to help answer questions and also enjoy sharing their own finds. Between the Facebook group, college, hunting, and his job as an international and domestic sales representative for Kellyco Metal Detectors he stays very busy but loves helping others who are in the hobby or getting into the hobby while striving to do the best he can to provide excellent customer service for Kellyco Join us tonight as I speak with Chris about his experiences in the hobby as well as how the Facebook group Metal Detecting for Beginners came about. Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!
Join us live tonight...Wed. December 10th, 8 PM Eastern

Metal Detecting for Beginners Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1510728172508524/

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight.. Wed., December 17th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker
Jim Fielding
HALF A CENTURY OF HUNTING

ARE you a coinshooter?...Relic hunter?...Beach comber?...Cache hunter?...Wreck diver?...Perhaps you just like reading articles related to treasure hunting and metal detecting... Jim Fielding is the guy you want to hear speak! Not only has he had many experiences in the hobby but he has written a number of articles as well! We're headed to central Florida this week speaking with Jim Fielding on BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND! Jim Fielding has had many different experiences over his almost 50 years in this great hobby/Lifestyle. Jim originally got his start in the hobby way back in 1966 when he built his first metal detector himself! Over the years he has used a number of different machines and now hunts with a Minelab E-trac a lot of times when he is able to get out there and dig. Jim stays fairly busy operating his own Youtube channel as well as being an active member of the Central Florida Metal Detecting Club(CFMDC). With his years in metal detecting and the stories I've heard speaking with him you won't want to miss this show folks. What does a broom handle and a birdhouse have to do with metal detecting?...Catch this show and find out along with many other interesting experiences and information for the hunters! This could be a real firecracker show folks. Don't miss it! Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!
Join us live tonight...Wed. December 17th, 8 PM Eastern

Jim Fielding's Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCid8Wwg97vmUSASpPl2cwJg
CFMDC website:
Central Florida Metal Detecting Club

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have known these guys for awhile. They have some awesome and knowledgeable guest. It is worthwhile to check it out.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was on the show a week or so ago and had an awesome time!! Definitely worth listening to and you can always visit the archives to check out the older broadcasts!

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! Remember folks...I'm always looking for good guests, content, information and so on for the listeners. If you would like to be a guest on the show or know of someone who would make a good guest by all means drop me a line. Have an interesting topic you would like to hear about? Let me know and I'll see what I can do!

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight.. Wed., December 24th, 2014...6:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker
HOW IT BEGAN AND CONTINUES

Have you wanted to get out and detect but just felt like you didn't have the energy? Maybe you have always wanted to try the hobby of metal detecting but were not sure if you could do it due to a disability. Maybe you just needed a little bit of inspiration or motivation to get out there and enjoy metal detecting? This could be the show for you to hear! Tune in for a pre recorded broadcast that will air a little earlier than normal tonight due to the holidays and hear an interesting story that explains a little bit about how things began for me. Who am I you ask?...I have many names and wear many hats, but I am a hunter...an addict of sorts. I have a sickness that many of us do that is not a sickness in the eyes of the hunter. I have a major passion for the hobby and will never stop detecting until they pry my equipment out of my cold dead hands! Tune in and hear a bit about my story which may be a bit of an interesting one. You never know...you may just find something useful about it or even a bit of insight into the hunter that I am and the passion and respect I have for the hobby and the hunters within it. Have a Merry Christmas all and by all means if you enjoy the show please like and rate the channel! Thanks for listening folks. If you would like to be a guest on the show by all means drop me a line or if you know of an interesting guest or topic you would like to hear covered on the show let me know. After all...it is radio for you, the listener! Tune in folks! If the holiday schedule keeps you from catching the show you can always catch the archive at any time after the show!
Join us tonight...Wed. December 24th, 6 PM Eastern

Ohio Metal Detecting on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk7YDKf4Bxdw0Lwdat9VoRA

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight.. Wed., December 31st, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker
PRE RECORDED BROADCAST
DON FINCH
50YRS IN THE HOBBY

Wishing everyone a Happy New Years! Not going out anywhere for New Years? Not sure what to do? No worries. Tune in tonight and listen to Don Finch reminisce about his time in the hobby! With the holidays I thought it would be better to run a pre recorded broadcast of this 50+ year veteran who got his start in 1962 and has used many different metal detectors and made many nice finds over the years including quite a number of silver coins and relics! People refer to his home as the historical society and his basement as the museum. Don was an absolute pleasure to speak with when he was on the show and it was wonderful to hear of his experiences in the hobby. A very passionate veteran of metal detecting! So sit back, grab a dring, and ring in the new year listening to BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND and Don Finch! Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!
Tonight...Wed. December 31st, 8 PM Eastern
Click the link below to listen to the show.

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight.. Wed., January 7th, 2015...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker

OPEN LINES AND RING WARS

For many of us mother nature has frozen the ground. Here at the BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND studio it's been a little while since we've went live. I appreciate everyone who tuned in for our pre recorded broadcasts over the holidays. Tonight will be an open format of show where we can talk about whatever metal detecting and treasure hunting related. What did you do over the holidays? Did santa leave that new detector or detecting accessory under the tree you've been looking at for awhile? Let us know! With the new year comes resolutions for some...did you make any resolutions about the hobby? Also, for those that are members of the RING WARS group on Facebook I will be joined tonight by none other than Mr. Ryan Holubiw. Ryan will be sharing with us the winners of 2014 as well as the new changes to 2015 and I'm sure Ryan and I will be speaking a bit on anything we may have been up to lately as well. I'd love to hear from you great folks too! After some technical issues over the holidays with the powers of the internet, 1000mikes, and Skype we will see if mother nature has froze us out. Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!

Join us live tonight...Wed. January 7th, 8 PM Eastern

RING WARS 2015 Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/151606888328536/?ref=br_tf

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
People this show is a must listen to if you desire knowledge about detecting. You know maybe you can call in and give a new guy or gal some advice.... Heck how about being a guest on the show are sharing the knowledge. I never miss a show and you shouldn't either

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wed., January 14th, 2015...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker
VICKSBURG

That's right folks! Civil war relic hunting in Vicksburg. Join myself, Kenny Moore, Chris Engel, Kevin Strahan, and John Deville as they speak about their experiences and finds from a recent group hunt.(MISS+LOU RELIC KREWE) We will be speaking about what had went on that day so long ago during the Civil war as well as some of the finds made and the interesting story behind some of those finds. As an added bonus, Chris Engel will be speaking about a find that he made that through research he has been able to trace it back to the state it was tied to. Should be some good stories of finds, friends, and fellowship among hunters who have a passion for preserving the past. Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!

Join us live...Wed. January 14th, 8 PM Eastern

A video from Dirtbandit33 about the MISS+LOU RELIC KREWE hunting in Vicksburg:

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DUE TO WHAT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN AN UNKNOWN FAILURE OF THE 1000MIKES PLAYER LAST WEEK THE LISTENERS WERE UNABLE TO ENGAGE THE PLAYER FOR THE VICKSBURG SHOW. EVEN THOUGH THE BROADCASTER CONTINUED TO RECORD AND LISTENERS COULD HAVE LISTENED TO THE ARCHIVE TO HEAR THE SHOW THE BROADCAST ATTEMPTS WERE DELETED AS THIS SHOW WILL BEST BE REPRESENTED LIVE. THEREFORE, THE VICKSBURG SHOW WILL BE DONE THIS WEEK(WED. 1/21/15 8PM EST.). I AM STILL LOOKING INTO THE ISSUE OF THE PLAYER FAILURE WITH BOTH 1000MIKES AND MY ISP. THE PLAYER FAILURE WAS BOTH VERY ODD AND DISTURBING AND STEPS ARE BEING TAKEN TO TRY AND UNCOVER POTENTIAL CAUSES SO THAT THIS SORT OF THING DOES NOT HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE ISSUE LAST WEEK MUST HAVE BEEN VERY FRUSTRATING FOR THE LISTENERS AND BELIEVE ME IT WAS EVEN MORE SO FOR THE SHOW.

BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND

Wed., January 21st, 2015...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker

VICKSBURG

That's right folks! Civil war relic hunting in Vicksburg. Join myself, Kenny Moore, Chris Engel, Kevin Strahan, and John Deville as they speak about their experiences and finds from a recent group hunt.(MISS+LOU RELIC KREWE) We will be speaking about what had went on that day so long ago during the Civil war as well as some of the finds made and the interesting story behind some of those finds. As an added bonus, Chris Engel will be speaking about a find that he made that through research he has been able to trace it back to the state it was tied to. Should be some good stories of finds, friends, and fellowship among hunters who have a passion for preserving the past. Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!

Join us live ...Wed. January 21st, 8 PM Eastern

A video from Dirtbandit33 about the MISS+LOU RELIC KREWE hunting in Vicksburg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S2mSJ3dEj0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread