🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out with a buddy today to a new spot I found while scouting around. As usual he darts out of the truck, sets his discrimination way up, and proceeds to try and cherry pick whatever silver coins are in the area. He uses the same whites m6 as myself. I see him stopping every now and then, swing over a target, then continue on. His mistake! I go over to one spot he passed over and swung my coil, solid 77(clad dime) at 3inches on the whites. I shouted over to him and asked why he passed on the target and he said "just a clad dime". Silly boy, 5 inches down was a beautiful English sterling silver thimble! My first! My only wish was that someone had taken a picture of his face when he saw me dig it up. Some guys just never learn.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just another good example of why it pays to go slow and hunt efficiently.
luvsdux

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm the opposite! I spend more time digging junk! Even though I think it's junk when I go over it, It drives me nuts not knowing what could be down there! lol

I started doing this as well, any repeatable signal I get I dig now. Especially after I dug my 1865 2 cent peice, it was giving me a signal I know is a clad penny but to my surprise it wasn't. So now I dig dig dig. Lol

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you lucky bum
way to go

liftloop

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out with a buddy today to a new spot I found while scouting around. As usual he darts out of the truck, sets his discrimination way up, and proceeds to try and cherry pick whatever silver coins are in the area. He uses the same whites m6 as myself. I see him stopping every now and then, swing over a target, then continue on. His mistake! I go over to one spot he passed over and swung my coil, solid 77(clad dime) at 3inches on the whites. I shouted over to him and asked why he passed on the target and he said "just a clad dime". Silly boy, 5 inches down was a beautiful English sterling silver thimble! My first! My only wish was that someone had taken a picture of his face when he saw me dig it up. Some guys just never learn.
...This is to your friend in the truck... Never-argue-with-stupid-people-they-will-drag-you-down-to-their-level-and-then-beat-you-with-exp.jpg

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A detector screen works great when the only targets in the ground are the same ones listed on the screen... which is basically never.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver thimble! There are a few hunters like that around here, digging nothing but quarter signals. They hit the swing set play areas, and leave the rest. I hunt where they don', pick up what they left behind, and clean up.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver thimble! There are a few hunters like that around here, digging nothing but quarter signals. They hit the swing set play areas, and leave the rest. I hunt where they don', pick up what they left behind, and clean up.
I want to call it "greed" but don't know if that word fits?

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with nitric :treasurechest:

bulrush

Mar 13, 2014
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started doing this as well, any repeatable signal I get I dig now.

I also started doing this. Clinkers and coal seem to give me not-so-solid beeps. So I now skip those. I get plenty of square nails though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread